The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337 ... 913
Online now: juice, Metacell, ukimalefu
dv
Kirk posted:
The Monterey Bay Aquarium is gorgeous.
I had a small octopus in a fish tank for a few years. I kept a smaller tank nearby with his food, small shore crabs. He would occasionally not wait for me to feed him. He'd leave his tank move about a foot in air to get to the crab tank, eat one, and go back to his tank.

What have we told you about keeping pets that are smarter than you?
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Calling Orion?
Remember this?
DEyncourt posted:

The guy who made the leaflet put up this video showing Sally Morgan's husband and son-in-law threatening him legally and physically, and weirdly (but snidely) making accusations of him being gay. I'm not sure why the date on the video is May 2012 except perhaps the guy just did not bother to set the date in his camera. Since the release of this video, Sally Morgan has issued a statement which read in part:
Quote:
I have come from a family background that has always been very accepting, many of my friends are gay and I have always felt happy that I am often referred to as a gay icon through my work. I am utterly ashamed and devastated at the behaviour of my husband John and Son in Law Daren and neither of them will have anything to do with my work, my business and right now I honestly have no idea what is going to happen to my marriage.

Thanks Canada!
TOS
radarman posted:

/me takes long leap off of short pier, screaming "cannonbaaaaaaaaaaall!!!"

Last edited by Kirk on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:35 pm.

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
idiot (and his fellows for not telling him not to do that), one NEVER stands directly behind a cannon like that. He's lucky it wasn't bigger, it might have killed him.
Kirk posted:
idiot (and his fellows for not telling him not to do that), one NEVER stands directly behind a cannon like that. He's lucky it wasn't bigger, it might have killed him.

On a brighter note, there is a fair chance that he will qualify for a Darwin Award without actually having to die.
Actually, I think it did.
Did what? kill him or sterilize him?
TOS
first off, it looks like some kind of ceremonial salute type thing, in case that matters, and second the damn thing fires as soon as he shuts the breech, which it's not supposed to do ... in other words it wasn't necessarily his fault

here's a video showing filipino and us marines firing artillery on a practice range ... you can see that in loading tey're all clustered around it, and to fire you need to yank a cord

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCgPh19vLXU
You're not supposed to stand directly behind it EVER when dealing with live ammunition. That includes when closing the breech and for exactly the reason you mention, unexpected firing. So yes, its still his fault.

My now deceased stepfather was a Sergeant in the National Guard way back when. I was allowed more than close enough to observe loading and firing of a 105mm Howitzer (I think it was) at around 13 years old. It scared the bejesus out of me.
Some of my combat camera friends have been busy.

TOS
nice!

who's the f-16 with?
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm just glad it was his big head.
TOS
legend - wait for it - dary

sturner Ancient Soldier
Kirk posted:
I had a small octopus in a fish tank for a few years. I kept a smaller tank nearby with his food, small shore crabs. He would occasionally not wait for me to feed him. He'd leave his tank move about a foot in air to get to the crab tank, eat one, and go back to his tank.

Kirk had crabs!
sturner Ancient Soldier
Kirk posted:
You're not supposed to stand directly behind it EVER when dealing with live ammunition. That includes when closing the breech and for exactly the reason you mention, unexpected firing. So yes, its still his fault.

My now deceased stepfather was a Sergeant in the National Guard way back when. I was allowed more than close enough to observe loading and firing of a 105mm Howitzer (I think it was) at around 13 years old. It scared the bejesus out of me.

Try being on the other end of it. 155mm. Even at a generous dangerous close while in a bunker, they are NOT enjoyable.
AAAUUGHHH! The alien is going for the cameraman!

Oh, um, not really.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
... like a fine wine ...
sturner posted:
Kirk posted:

Kirk had crabs!

Dude, lame joke :p
It ate about four crabs a week. I had to visit the tide pools about once every two weeks to keep him stocked up on food. A piece of raw chicken tied to a stick with string 'fishing line' works great for picking the crabs up. They wouldn't let go. Shake them off over a bucket with lid to hold them until I got home.
TOS
oops, there's my exit!

note: the driver suffered serious injuries and a temporary coma but she did survive
DID THEY DIED!? AWESOME! I LOVE THAT!
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
-and that's why you don't do that.
matt posted:
-and that's why you don't do that.

I know, I cheated dead a few times. But maybe that's a reason why I don't drive anymore.

:goth:
Worst choice of name. Who's going to be scared of a poodle?
ukimalefu posted:
Worst choice of name. Who's going to be scared of a poodle?

Say's someone who has clearly never owned a poodle... :p
Hah, nice
We've some streams with hot springs nearby like that (sans the lava photoshopped in the background of course).

Last edited by Kirk on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:48 pm.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337 ... 913