The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot]
TOS
radarman posted:
TOS posted:
cross-posting pics en masse from imgur does not a fun forum make

imgur is one of the largest photo hosting sites on the web. What do you want us to do? Repost them on another hosting site?

What makes them interesting is the curation. Selecting the truly interesting pictures, and not just the dreck. Geesie's last post notwithstanding... ;)

TOS posted:
at least visit some of the sub-sections once in awhile

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
TOS
jesus christ geesie
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
hqdefault.jpg
TOS
[img]imgur.com/f22sDL4.gif[/img]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS posted:

fix it
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:

fix it

I looked, he should leave it as is.
Hyperrealistic cakes. Just for Halloween:

The linked page is in French but you can just look at the pictures (there are 26 more).
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Do you think you drink a lot?

For that top decile...
Quote:
...[t]hat works out to a little more than four-and-a-half 750 ml bottles of Jack Daniels, 18 bottles of wine, or three 24-can cases of beer. In one week.

From this table, a random group of 10 Americans will average 98.34 drinks per week, but one guy will drink about 75% of those drinks and the top two guys will drink about 91%. The article mentions Pareto's Law which more generally can be stated as "X% of a large group of people consume (100-X)% of a product". I would guess that for alcohol for Americans X is around 13%.
Dayum.

I've only ever drank alcohol in communion and in two other instances. On December 31, 1999/January 1, 2000, I had a drink, and then one day when I was cooking, I was curious about whether I'd still dislike alcohol, so I poured half a glass of wine that I was using to cook(and I obviously have sometimes cooked using wine), drank it, went "Yup, I still don't like that," and finished cooking.

And yes, I'd had someone knowledgeable about wine pick out the wine that I was using to cook.
dv
Cooking wine is terrible. I won't even cook with it.

I am higher up on that chart than I am happy about. Thanks for the perspective, uncouth individuals!

Matt, since you're a total noobie and presumably want something that minimizes the alcohol burn, I'd probably recommend a chilled Riesling - the clerk at the candyliquor store can probably help you find one - find something with a relatively low ABV, to start with. Red wines are often more bitter. (Although there are exceptions.) probably around $8-$10 for a nice one.

If you don't like the buzz after a glass and a half (9oz or so) boil it down into a compote and don't look back. If you do, it's vodka time!!!
I didn't use a cooking wine. I've never purchased a cooking wine. I used a wine that I was told was good for drinking, because when I was taught to cook I was always told that cooking wines were universally bad.

My problem is that I have a really strong aversion to the taste of alcohol. It ruins the taste of things it's put into.
dv
matt posted:
I didn't use a cooking wine. I've never purchased a cooking wine. I used a wine that I was told was good for drinking, because when I was taught to cook I was always told that cooking wines were universally bad.

My problem is that I have a really strong aversion to the taste of alcohol. It ruins the taste of things it's put into.

If the bottle has been open for a few days, it gets nasty. (?)
The bottle was freshly opened less than thirty seconds before I poured the glass.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Those in the 9th decile have the longest life expectancies, those in the 10th, the shortest.
dv
matt posted:
The bottle was freshly opened less than thirty seconds before I poured the glass.

:shrug: Then you're not a wine person. S'cool.
dv
Metacell posted:
Those in the 9th decile have the longest life expectancies...

Well, we're pretty well pickled.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
dv posted:
matt posted:

:shrug: Then you're not a wine person. S'cool.

I can't drink wine at all, but I do like an occasional beer.

I think I fit in the fourth decile, I used to be in the eigth decile.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Goes to show that, like most drugs dealers, the back bone of alcohol producers business is supplying addicts, not casual users.
Metacell posted:
Those in the 9th decile have the longest life expectancies, those in the 10th, the shortest.

I'm in the 7th, I guess I should do something to increase my health.
sean Royal Wombat
I'm at the bottom end... I don't drink.
dv
chikie The same deviled egg
Geesie posted:

You cheeky bastard.
chikie posted:
Geesie posted:

You cheeky bastard.

That was actually awesome. I was totally surprised to see Salon instead, as this had Onion written all over it, or rather would have...

Best troll attempt I've seen all day.
ukimalefu posted:

:up:
I feel the indigestion already ;)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 912