The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso
TOS
o how i once dreamed of that bike

You can get replicas you know.
TOS
aw, it's just not the same, man
Séamas Honorary Consul General
It's back:

The possible explanation that Titanian sea has been rising/falling due to tides or waves is discounted by how the surrounding shoreline hasn't change too much between the pictures, plus remember that by happenstance Cassini is able to measure the height of Titanian seas and can detect waves as little as 1 cm (which haven't been detected in all of the time Cassini has been at Saturn, so despite some being larger than Lake Superior on Earth these seas on Titan are [more than?] mirror-smooth).
user Stupid cockwomble
From HMCS Regina, Indian Ocean.

mmaverick my steady systematic decline
The new wrx just looks wrong. Subie can't make something elegant and the car is supposed to be a hooligan
Read the article underneath my image. According to the cops its the worst hooligan. ;)
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
I first was like "what the hell is that?", and when I clicked the link I was like "whoa!"

Coo coo kachoo!
juice Inadvertently correct
I hate videos that start automatically.

Also, don't read the comments on that site.
agedgruel posted:
I hate videos that start automatically.

Also, don't read the comments on that site.

There was a video? I didn't see it (I have flash block and ad block)

And no, I didn't read the comments.
I have both of those things and it started anyway. :goth:
What to do when your private jet is in for repairs? Fly Singapore Airlines Suite Class:

Only about $18K, round trip, from Singapore to NYC.

Be sure to scroll down to view this guy's experience (by cashing in a huge amount of airline miles).
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
That is awesome.
Y'know that picture with all of those walruses? There a climate change aspect to it:
Quote:
The gathering of walrus on shore is a phenomenon that has accompanied the loss of summer sea ice as the climate has warmed.

Pacific walrus spend winters in the Bering Sea. Females give birth on sea ice and use ice as a diving platform to reach snails, clams and worms on the shallow continental shelf.

Unlike seals, walrus cannot swim indefinitely and must rest. They use their tusks to "haul out," or pull themselves onto ice or rocks.

As temperatures warm in summer, the edge of the sea ice recedes north. Females and their young ride the edge of the sea ice into the Chukchi Sea, the body of water north of the Bering Strait.

In recent years, sea ice has receded north beyond shallow continental shelf waters and into Arctic Ocean water, where depths exceed 2 miles and walrus cannot dive to the bottom.

jkahless Custom Title
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Every few years my neighbor's cherry tree blooms like that. Of course those blooms are white but they cover the tree even more completely than the above image.

What species of tree is that?
TOS
chikie The same deviled egg
Needs moar Dallas hate.
chikie posted:
Needs moar Dallas hate.

THIS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Nobody hates Tampa Bay?
DukeofNuke posted:
Nobody hates Tampa Bay?

It's just a reflection of the Buccaneers: no one cares about second place. Image
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
TOS
unveil the d????

lol
dv
Heh.

I bet his publicity people want to strangle him.
dv posted:
Heh.

Are you kidding? You couldn't ask for better publicity. He can always fall back on the "But it's the model name/letter..." excuse, while simultaneously stirring up every news organization on the planet with the double entendre. It's genius.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
radarman posted:
dv posted:
Heh.

Are you kidding? You couldn't ask for better publicity. He can always fall back on the "But it's the model name/letter..." excuse, while simultaneously stirring up every news organization on the planet with the double entendre. It's genius.

I can't remember what I was reading, but I'm pretty sure Musk said he wanted a Model E to be between the existing Model S and Model X, so that it spells "sex," but someone else has the rights to "Model E" as a car name. Anyway, I don't think he'll be making any "excuses" for that "D" tweet. ;)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331 ... 913