The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 918
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
user Stupid cockwomble
Didn't I see that in Game of Thrones?
TOS
basically, zero time to react

Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Admit it Schnicky, you really want to do for Faces of Death what Neil deGrasse Tyson did for Cosmos.
TOS
"the stealth fighter ... a mighty, secretive manifestation of america's might. but for all fighters, no matter how magnificent, an ignominious ending awaits ..."
jkahless Custom Title
Goodbye 111 million dollars.
user Stupid cockwomble
What's the scrap value of titanium?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user posted:
Didn't I see that in Game of Thrones?

The Wall defends itself.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
OK, that is impressive
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS posted:
basically, zero time to react

That reminds me of a not atypical drunk driver crash. They sometimes go the wrong way down the freeway. They think they're all the way over in the slow lane but they're really head on in the fast lane.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
dv
Geesie posted:

That's almost verbatim what I said about the Tridentine Catholic services my mom dragged us to.

She thought it was the greatest thing in the world. My grandmother put her foot down when the priest called the Pope a heretic.
TOS
i remember the hysteria about satanic ritual abuse

seems insane to know that it happened ... in fact there are still people in prison because of it
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
TOS posted:

seems insane to know that it happened ... in fact there are still people in prison because of it

The one I most remember is the McMartin case. The amount of misconduct a prosecutor can get away with in this country makes me want to go mailbomb Sam Waterston.
TOS
Geesie posted:
TOS posted:

The one I most remember is the McMartin case. The amount of misconduct a prosecutor can get away with in this country makes me want to go mailbomb Sam Waterston.

the most famous case but just one of many
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Geesie posted:
How considerate of them to make it look so much like a children's book.
dv
jkahless Custom Title
Targeting computer for wwii era naval artillery?
jkahless posted:
Targeting computer for wwii era naval artillery?

That one apparently was in use as late as 1967, but yeah.

Marble caves in Chile.
TOS
funny i can see more detail on that one when i mouse over it
TOS
i think we need a little north korean perspective

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
In a war there are many moments for compassion and tender action. There are many moments for ruthless action - what is often called ruthless - what may in many circumstances be only clarity, seeing clearly what there is to be done and doing it, directly, quickly, awake, looking at it.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Geesie posted:
TOS posted:

I was never convinced of anyone's guilt. IIRC, there was a lot of coaching going on to try and get a conviction. I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, but that case showed everyone how one allegation against a single person can ruin the lives of many.
justine posted:
Geesie posted:
TOS posted:

I was never convinced of anyone's guilt. IIRC, there was a lot of coaching going on to try and get a conviction. I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, but that case showed everyone how one allegation against a single person can ruin the lives of many.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/a ... 89/?no-ist
sean Royal Wombat
radarman posted:

My sofa has non-detachable back cushions. :goth:
TOS
justine posted:
Geesie posted:
TOS posted:

the saddest part is that in a lot of cases there really was abuse, but usually of a far smaller scale and not actually involving the bizarre satanic angle (eating babies? flying over graveyards?) ... if it weren't for the hysteria there could have been an actual conversation about child abuse
user Stupid cockwomble
Hell is for children.
TOS
Nice for a desktop
TOS
cool or gross?

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Gross. I prefer a simple French manicure; not too long ...
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 918