An Old Friend's Wife died.

How's life?
Pariah
Title: Know Your Enemy

An Old Friend's Wife died.

Post by Pariah »

A few days ago I got a message from one of my oldest and dearest friends that his wife had an out of no where heart attack and died. Me and this dude have been friends since we were 13 years old. I am so sad, I don't know what to do. I keep pushing it out of my mind just to keep on keeping on. My heart is broken on his behalf. They were married for over 40 years.
Keep your loved ones close, you never know when they will be taken from you.
I so much wish I was back home so I could be there but here I am. Feeling useless.

Not even duct tape will fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
Malkin
Title: kick 'em in the face; taste the body

Post by Malkin »

There but for the grace of god go I.

TOS

Post by TOS »

damn, sorry to hear this

a quick exit means less pain but it's unfair not to leave people so suddenly

"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

I hate this for both you and your friend. :(

dv

Post by dv »

That's terrible. :(

Personally, I feel like sudden losses are harder to process. I hope you are able to help your friend through this, but best of luck to both of you.

DukeofNuke
Title: FREE RADICAL

Post by DukeofNuke »

I know just how you feel.
It's a horrible depressing to feel that you need to be somewhere that you can't get to when you need to support someone you love.
My sincere condolences to you both.

intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Warin

Post by Warin »

Sudden loss sucks in the worst way. As terrible as protracted illness is, you get to start the grieving process at your own pace. Sudden loss heaps all of the pain, combined with shock, directly o to you all in one fell swoop. One of my best friends died suddenly of a heart attack in March of 2017 and I am still working through it.

Wish that I could give you a hug, man.

I'm sorry Dave...
Pariah
Title: Know Your Enemy

Post by Pariah »

I have been texting with my friend and am comforted that his two very good kids have moved back in for awhile to be with him.
The thing about my buddy I have always admired is his dad was a unfaithful, manipulative, con man, uncouth individual. (the stories I could tell about that guy) In reaction to that he was a super great dad, bending over backwards to not be like his father. Sometimes the fruit does fall far from the tree.

Not even duct tape will fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
Metacell
Title: Chocolate Brahma

Post by Metacell »

This reminds me that this previous year, an old friend of mine died, not a super close friend, but one of the most attractive women I've ever seen (and despite my meager love affairs, I've known quite a few). But she was close to one of my best friends who is like a brother to me...I think his first sexual experience. They were both insane punk rock drug addict freaks from an early teen age (and yeah, I think she died from an overdose about my age, 50). I think it hit him really hard.

Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.