"Life After People"

Online now: Bing (sucks), DukeofNuke, Google [Bot]
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
There's a documentary on the History Channel right now about how the world would be at different intervals after humanity disappeared from the planet. It's pretty neat.
oatmeal with raisins
Oh! I saw a commercial about that, and I REALLY wanted to see it. I've been wondering about that for years - it's nice to see that someone else seems to have been thinking about it too.
Zapski Gaze into my eyes...
I wanted to watch that as I have a recent book on the same subject, but I'm feeling sick and went to bed before it started.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Zapski wrote:
I wanted to watch that as I have a recent book on the same subject, but I'm feeling sick and went to bed before it started.

Me too
more or less friend or foe?
Banned User(s)
I just wanted to watch the buildings collapse in HD. :lol: I wasn't convinced it was worth recording, but there's room on the DVR so....

curious to hear what you think about it when its over, Matt. Also, they have a show on alternate early migration routes of humans to the Americas... which seems very interesting to a dork like me.
I meant to DVR that, glad to hear it's cool.
I was thinking of buying the book but hadn't gotten around to it. I'll downl ... er legally acquire it tonight.
sean Royal Wombat
oatmeal wrote:
Oh! I saw a commercial about that, and I REALLY wanted to see it.

I was soo excited to watch that on TV, and soo wasted when i realised i'd missed it. Thankfully, the iTMS had it. $4 later, there i was, watching it. IMO, one of the better History Channel special presentations.
oatmeal with raisins
Sean wrote:
Thankfully, the iTMS had it. $4 later, there i was, watching it.

Hey, nice tip. Thanks. :)
more or less friend or foe?
Banned User(s)
I just watched my DVR recording last night, and it was watchable - but sorta meh.

I would have enjoyed it much better if people didn't just "vanish," but dealt with everyone like dropping dead or something. I would have enjoyed watching the little doggie go to town on its owner. And we all know what the cats would do.

The part about the Russian town abandoned after the Chernobyl incident was really fascinating. I would rather have just seen a "Chernobyl, 20 Years Later" documentary.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

"Life After People"