What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], juice, maurvir, ukimalefu
user Stupid cockwomble
The copy that I saw in the theatre was probably pretty beat up by the time I got to see it. I was still pretty young, so my dad went with me.

I can't imagine what he thought of it!
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I just saw I Love You Man. I laughed a lot.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
bratboy wrote:
I had a chance to see a 70mm print of the film before. It was amazing.

I also saw it in full blown Panavision 70mm.
During it's first run. It was life changing.
Lots of really interesting trivia about the flick on imdb.com

They even have the full instructions for using a zero-G toilet! That Kubrick, what an eye for detail, eh?
By the way, currently watching "Return of the Living Dead," a fun and funny zombie flick from the 80s.
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke wrote:
bratboy wrote:

oooo....they released it in 70mm in the sixites? I was assuming that was a later reprint.

I saw it first run, too, but it was at a dinky local theater - 35mm only.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Charlie and the chocolate factory.

The Burton/Depp team can do no wrong.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
By the way, currently watching "Return of the Living Dead," a fun and funny zombie flick from the 80s.

zombies!

That's the "braaaaaaains" film, right?
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
i love that flick :D
bratboy wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

zombies!

That's the "braaaaaaains" film, right?

Yesh!

I just watched part of Con Air. I feel like that movie secretly wishes it was made in the 80's.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
bratboy wrote:

oooo....they released it in 70mm in the sixites? I was assuming that was a later reprint.

I saw it first run, too, but it was at a dinky local theater - 35mm only.

70mm. On a semi-circular screen that wrapped around you from periphery to periphery.
When you first see Discovery, it(she?) enters the screen from the left, and doesn't stop until she stretches from one end to the other. The 60's equivalent of the opening scene in Star Wars, where the Imperial battleship enters from the top of the screen and just keeps coming, and coming, and coming.
You can only imagine what the light show scene can do to the brain of an under 10 year-old kid. I totally blame that movie for my fascination with technology, computers, sci-fi, and hallucinogenics.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Lots of really interesting trivia about the flick on imdb.com

They even have the full instructions for using a zero-G toilet! That Kubrick, what an eye for detail, eh?

OHhhhh, Duuude!

IMDB said:
Much like The Wizard of Oz (1939) and "Dark Side of the Moon", it is said that the Pink Floyd song "Echoes" from the album "Meddle" can be perfectly synchronized with the "Jupiter & Beyond the Infinite" segment of the film.

Smokensmoke said:
Get real baked, and either watch it on youtube(in 3 parts), or sync it up yourself (just start echoes right when "Jupiter..." appears). Echoes is the last track on their album Meddle. Enjoy it!
link
DukeofNuke wrote:

You can only imagine what the light show scene can do to the brain of an under 10 year-old kid. I totally blame that movie for my fascination with technology, computers, sci-fi, and hallucinogenics.

I do believe I was on acid the first time I watched that film (and several times afterward). :paranoid:
DukeofNuke wrote:

IMDB said:
Much like The Wizard of Oz (1939) and "Dark Side of the Moon", it is said that the Pink Floyd song "Echoes" from the album "Meddle" can be perfectly synchronized with the "Jupiter & Beyond the Infinite" segment of the film.

I've done this dozens of times. It's frickin' awesome.
user Stupid cockwomble
I've been thinking of doing that but the "baking" part could be a little tricky.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user wrote:
I've been thinking of doing that but the "baking" part could be a little tricky.

Dude, just set the oven for 420!
Starky & Hutch

3-some with girl on girl action (but all you get to see is kissing), and also Snoop Dogg FTW.

:D
Currently watching "I Am Legend." Such a promising opening ... damn thing just went to hell about halfway through.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
After that, watch 28 Days Later.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Halfway thru Slumdog Millionaire
matt wrote:
After that, watch 28 Days Later.

Funnily enough, I recently watched 28 Weeks Later. That flick sucked. But then I thought 28 Days Later sucked too. Way overrated.
you're way overrated

:mad:

(I luv 28 Days Later)
Truth hurts, babe!
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Ok, IMO Slumdog Millionaire is way overrated. It was ok, but nothing to get all excited about.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Currently watching "I Am Legend." Such a promising opening ... damn thing just went to hell about halfway through.

Which ending are you watching?
justine wrote:
Ok, IMO Slumdog Millionaire is way overrated. It was ok, but nothing to get all excited about.

I think I liked it exponentially more because I've been to India and was floored by how well they captured so many aspects.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Watched Transformers (2007) earlier, about 30 min into Ironman right now.
A couple of weeks ago, I saw House Bunny, Burn After Reading (again), and Shooter, all in one day/night. -_- Then the next day I saw Quantum of Solace.

House Bunny: less clever, less funny version of Mean Girls and Legally Blonde.

Burn After Reading: still good and probably makes more sense the second time watching it.

Shooter: okay, but nothing amazing.

Quantum of Solace: okay, but nothing amazing. Confusing, actually. Although watching Daniel Craig is always such fun. :D
arkayn wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Good point. Not that any ending I've seen saves it.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
arkayn wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

I bought the special edition just so I could have the alternative ending, too bad they only put protected WMV on there.
Vicki Christina Barcelona.

I'm partial to Woody Allen, and I did enjoy it--but it has really annoying narration, and I generally don't care for narrators.
arkayn wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
arkayn wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

I bought the special edition just so I could have the alternative ending, too bad they only put protected WMV on there.

I believe I saw it on YouTube.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I will eventually get around to ripping it to the Mac, I just have gotten lazy about it recently.
Just finished watching Wall-E. Such a sweet movie. Looking online, I was surprised to see that the woman who did Eve's voice was just a Pixar staffer who was just thrown into the studio to record some audio to serve as placeholding, but that the director liked the recordings so much he decided to use 'em in the movie.

Now watching Godzilla, the trashy 90s Emmerich Matthew Broderick version.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Now watching Godzilla, the trashy 90s Emmerich Matthew Broderick version.

Ha ha - I watched that a few weeks ago, hilariously bad.

Just watched Heavy Metal - was… interesting.
role models - Paul rudd is awesome.
30 days of night
that movie sux
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 195