What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], Séamas, ukimalefu
justine wrote:
Adagia wrote:
I don't know... I guess it's because a lot of my friends have never watched Terminator and don't regard Arnold too highly - all brawn and accent and no acting skill. It's true, he isn't bad as a governor, but it is a bit absurd that he is. So it's rather embarrassing to admit that I love the Terminator movies because I think people tend to think I'm *classier* than that. Image

So, people that like the Terminator flicks have no class?

By the way, i'm sure you know he isn't the first bad actor to become governor of Cal. One even went on to become president.

No, *classier* as in "classier" (quote fingers). Maybe it's less of a class thing (as there are a lot of stupid and popular flicks/shows that people love) so much as "the first movie premiered before we were born." It's the same thing I run into when I admit that I love Back To The Future - no one's seen it. No, I don't know what it is. I just have a lot of friends who've never seen it and so don't share my interest.

Oh Reagan... Arnold can't follow in his footsteps, though.

Juno <3 I liked it better the second time, actually. The first time I was a little disappointed because I had heard all the hype about how amazing it was, and you're right, it was good but not great.

I want to see Sweeney Todd at some point..
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Adagia wrote:

Juno <3 I liked it better the second time, actually. The first time I was a little disappointed because I had heard all the hype about how amazing it was, and you're right, it was good but not great.

Thats how it was with me. I was expecting something really great from Juno, so i was a little disappointed. I may see it again at some point down the line and maybe i'll like it better the second time around.

About Sweeney Todd: Prepare yourself for Depp singing. I wasn't and i almost couldn't get past that, but i'm glad i stuck with it.
?

I didn't think he was bad at all. I really enjoyed Sweeney Todd. That'll be the next add on my Netflix queue.

I thought Juno was well done and very very awkward.
I didn't think his singing was bad. I just don't see him as a singer so it was a bit weird for me.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Adagia wrote:
justine wrote:
Adagia wrote:
I don't know... I guess it's because a lot of my friends have never watched Terminator and don't regard Arnold too highly - all brawn and accent and no acting skill. It's true, he isn't bad as a governor, but it is a bit absurd that he is. So it's rather embarrassing to admit that I love the Terminator movies because I think people tend to think I'm *classier* than that. Image

So, people that like the Terminator flicks have no class?

By the way, i'm sure you know he isn't the first bad actor to become governor of Cal. One even went on to become president.

No, *classier* as in "classier" (quote fingers). Maybe it's less of a class thing (as there are a lot of stupid and popular flicks/shows that people love) so much as "the first movie premiered before we were born." It's the same thing I run into when I admit that I love Back To The Future - no one's seen it. No, I don't know what it is. I just have a lot of friends who've never seen it and so don't share my interest.

Oh Reagan... Arnold can't follow in his footsteps, though.

The first two Terminator movies were excellent sci-fi action movies. No shame in liking them.
Geesie wrote:
The first two Terminator movies were excellent sci-fi action movies. No shame in liking them.

I agree. I even [mildly] enjoyed the 3rd movie - I just had to pretend the first two hadn't happened and that it wasn't ripping off everything that had happened before, heh. The first two were good, for sure.

But to people who've never seen the movies and have only heard the catchphrases and only know of Arnold as an accented bodybuilder, the whole franchise must sound silly..
Adagia wrote:

But to people who've never seen the movies and have only heard the catchphrases and only know of Arnold as an accented bodybuilder, the whole franchise must sound silly..

Surely people like that don't exist, do they? He has made so many movies since his Pumping Iron days. There were the Conan flicks. Predator. Commando. True Lies. he has a long list of credits to his name.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
...Jingle All The Way.
...I liked Jingle All the Way. :heh:

Granted, I must have been 10 when I saw it. I thought it was really funny at the time to watch the Terminator be a silly father.
I can't really get behind anything involving Sinbad. ;)
I didn't even understand who Sinbad was. All I saw was Schwarzenegger and some big black guy with a funny name.
Doomsday. Nice bit of entertainment, Although they could have called it Mad Max Escapes from New York as well.

.tsooJ
I saw Cloverfield yesterday. I really liked the movie, until it got to the ending. Ending is an overstatement, though. There was no ending. The movie just stopped.
I enjoyed Cloverfield, but I grew up on a diet of classic monster movies. A good monster movie doesn't really have a solid ending, or if it does, it ends with "The End" followed by a question mark. Example: The Blob ;)

I suspect we'll see some kind of sequel on Cloverfield.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
The Golden Compass
Stardust was fantastic!!!

The Golden Compass should have been as good... :squint:
Enigma wrote:
[/url] ;)

I really think they sacrificed a good ending for a potential sequel, but i'm sure there will be a sequel. I was also kind of bummed to see Lizzy Caplans character die off, but they couldn't all live. Did they all die except lily? Did rob and beth survive the explosions? I want answers!
justine wrote:
Enigma wrote:
[/url] ;)

I really think they sacrificed a good ending for a potential sequel, but i'm sure there will be a sequel. I was also kind of bummed to see Lizzy Caplans character die off, but they couldn't all live. Did they all die except lily? Did rob and beth survive the explosions? I want answers!

I thought it was pretty clear that no, they didn't survive.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
justine wrote:
Enigma wrote:
[/url] ;)

Oh, but it wasn't. You don't actually see anything at all.
justine wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
justine wrote:
Enigma wrote:
[/url] ;)

Oh, but it wasn't. You don't actually see anything at all.

So I saw Cloverfield last night. I liked it.

I believe there CAN be a sequel. Jason and Freddy taught me that. There can always be a sequel.
forbidden kingdom, was entertaining enough.
I saw Baby Mama last night. It had it's moments, but overall...meh.
The Boondock Saints
Conner Of Gallifrey
I watched Stardust last night.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
I saw fantastic four rise of the silver surfer for the first time last night, and I must say, I am glad I missed it up until then
I saw 27 Dresses. I thought it was pretty good.
oatmeal with raisins
Iron Man.

Saw it with friends and my wife. Everyone loved it.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I thought Sweeny Todd was pretty cool, in an over-the-top, operatic kind of way.

Depp is a genius
oatmeal with raisins
I saw 300 right before Iron Man (as in within a week of it). That was an awesome film too.
DukeofNuke wrote:
I thought Sweeny Todd was pretty cool, in an over-the-top, operatic kind of way.

Depp is a genius

I thought it was ok once i got past the fact that he actually sings. Took some getting used to. I'm also not so sure i'd call him a genius. He's an actor, and a good one, but it'd be a stretch to call him a genius, unless of course, he has a really high IQ. :)
justine wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:

Depp is a genius

I thought it was ok once i got past the fact that he actually sings. Took some getting used to. I'm also not so sure i'd call him a genius. He's an actor, and a good one, but it'd be a stretch to call him a genius, unless of course, he has a really high IQ. :)

I've never seen a Depp/Burton movie I didn't like.
Kung Fu Hustle
This makes me want to watch Kung Fu Hustle. Or Shaolin Soccer.

My update for this thread should be Boondock Saints, but my friend appears to have permanently borrowed my copy. :worried:
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
No Country For Old Men

It was a good movie, but it was strange seeing my bank's building and the other skyscraper next to it in the background and realizing that at least part of that movie was filmed within about a mile of my home.

And then I realized that was probably the reason my sister waited on Tommy Lee Jones about two years ago, and that was really strange too.
I plan on watching green street hooligans tomorrow. Yeah, thats the stuff.
Marc wrote:

I really liked that movie. In fact, i own it. Good flick.

In the last few days, i watched Over Her dead Body and First Sunday. They were both worth seeing but probably not purchase worthy.
justine wrote:
Marc wrote:

I really liked that movie. In fact, i own it. Good flick.

Definitely a good one.
user Stupid cockwomble
What's the deal with that new superhero Will Smith flick?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 195