What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183
Online now: Bing (sucks), DukeofNuke, Google [Bot]
Séamas Honorary Consul General
The Big Lebowski
Seen it a bazillion stick fiddling times, man, but this was the first stick fiddling time watching it with my stick fiddling son who stick fiddling loved it, man.

The Salesman (1969)
I watched this documentary about door to door Bible salesmen after seeing the spoof "Globesmen" on Documentary Now!.

Man these guys were total dicks. Doing all sorts of manipulations and guilt trips trying to get people to buy overpriced illustrated Bibles.
It is also alarming to see how different the world looked back when I was a two year old.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Avengers: Endgame

:up:
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Anybody seen Brighburn?
Flight of the Phoenix (2004) The remake with Dennis Quaid. Doesn't improve on the older film but is decent enough if you've never seen the original.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Ribtor posted:
Flight of the Phoenix (2004) The remake with Dennis Quaid. Doesn't improve on the older film but is decent enough if you've never seen the original.

If you have seen the original, skip it. In fact, screw the remake and go find a copy of the original.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Scary Stories. Was ok.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Jackie Brown

Better than I remembered--then again I thought it was kinda forgettable the first time I saw it --which was totally true for me because I forgot most of it.
Pam Grier is fantastic, Samuel L. Jackson wears his most outlandish hairpiece and says the n-word and confused individual a lot (it is a Tarantino movie after all).
Fun to see DeNiro play second fiddle. I can't believe I forgot about Bridget Fonda though. I had a crush on her.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Aquaman

10 minutes into the movie: Bad guy pinned beneath torpedo. Submarine filling up with water. Instead of breathing from the closed circuit rebreather that he's been wearing the whole time and buying himself a few hours, bad guy chooses to activate an explosive device and kill himself.

SO DUMB.
Ended up watching Brightburn; it was just so-so.
Pretty Woman (1990) Juila Roberts, Richard Gere. I like Romantic comedies as a genre but I couldn't get past half way because it was so slow. Roberts was good. Not much is asked of the male lead in these kinds of movies but Gere seemed even more bored than he usually appears. I didn't know George Costanza was in this film.

The 39 Steps (1935) Classic early Hitchcock. He remade this film a few times over with different characters but the same plot. Highly recommended.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Pretty Woman is one of the worst piece of trash movies I've ever seen. 39 Steps is great.
Invader Zim: into the Florpus (Netflix)

It's just like the Invader Zim I remember
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183