obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Stayed until after the credits?
dv
obvs posted:
Stayed until after the credits?
watched it on Amazon Streaming.

Waiting for Deadpool 3 now.
Please tell me you saw what happened after the credits. It was important.
user Stupid cockwomble
So it wasn't just sharma?

dv
obvs posted:

Where he prevented Inara from being killed in the first place, thereby making the entire movie never happen? Yeah, I saw it.

I'm being vague because I don't know if the theatrical release had more/other post-credits scenes.

I assume the time travel device will be involved in Avengers 4 somehow.

Last edited by obvs on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 pm. only added spoiler tags

user Stupid cockwomble
I'm thinking Thor will have to access the time infinity stone somehow. If they wound it all the way back to Ragnarok I'll be mollified.
macnuke Afar
Kingsglave final fantasy 15 again.

still enjoyed.
dv posted:
obvs posted:

Where he prevented Inara from being killed in the first place, thereby making the entire movie never happen? Yeah, I saw it.

I'm being vague because I don't know if the theatrical release had more/other post-credits scenes.

It almost seemed that more stuff happened in the post-credits scenes than in the actual movie.
dv
Ok, say Infinity War, Ant Man, and Pacific Rim Uprising. Just gotta see Solo and Incredibles 2, and I'll basically be caught up with the blockbusters for the year. Hooray for holiday weekends.

Ending of A:IW was basically the same as Terminator 3, with the added bonus that you know damn well they have to undo it. StarLord pulls a Chief Tyrol and fucks it up for everyone.

Ant Man was a fun solo flick, with a more-sympathetic-than-usual "villain" (I didn't like Killmonger nearly as much as I was expecting to - he was much more two-dimensional than I had been lead to believe) and some great comedic bits.

Pacific Rim was MOAR GIANT ROBOTS, grab the popcorn. But a bunch of the stuff from the trailer seemed to be missing. (And also the trailers gave away the ending.)
user Stupid cockwomble
Now I wonder if Strange will find a way to reach from beyond.
dv
user posted:
Now I wonder if Strange will find a way to reach from beyond.

Deadpool 2 did confirm that heaven and an afterlife exist, so...
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Deadpool is in the X-Men franchise. They don't technically cross over into the MCU, even though it heavily spoofs it.
War for the Planet Of The Apes (2018) Couldn't get past the first 15 minutes. Dreary to the point of painful to watch.

DeadPool 2 (2018) There's not really a movie's worth of material there. More like a strung together series of comedic vignettes. I wish Brolin were given funny lines. Maybe these movies are a bit of a release for fans of the genre. Not being one I may not really get it. I like the cast and I suppose an eventual pairing of Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds in a new movie is someone's wet dream. Not bad though.

I have a rule; I will not pay money to see blockbuster movies and the only time I devote to them is when I would otherwise be sleeping. But even with that sometimes I feel cheated. "What a waste, I could have been asleep!"

The Maltese Falcon (1941) Cleanses the blockbuster dreck from the brain and reminds me of how much fun a movie can be even when the story is so slight as to be non existent. All style and mood but it's done with modesty, so it works.
TOS
obvs posted:
dv posted:
obvs posted:

It almost seemed that more stuff happened in the post-credits scenes than in the actual movie.

more entertaining too
Not that the movie itself wasn't good. It was.
TOS
meh ... they basically took a two-minute sizzle reel and stretched it into a feature
It wasn't as good as the first one, but I still liked it.
TOS
tell me, does it cause physical pain to be so wrong, or are you just numb to it at this point?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Deadpool 2...better than Infinity War, not as good as Ragnarok or Black Panther. None were as good as Logan.
I'm honestly not the biggest watcher of superhero movies.

For example,
Quote:
better than Infinity War, not as good as Ragnarok or Black Panther.
I have seen none of these three.
dv
obvs posted:

For example,
Quote:

Then what possessed you to see Deadpool?
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
obvs posted:

For example,
Quote:

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

A friend posted a picture on my Facebook page of Winnie the Pooh wearing the Infinity Glove, or whatever it's called, thinking I'd find it amusing. I had to have him explain it to me.
dv posted:
obvs posted:

For example,
Quote:

Then what possessed you to see Deadpool?
Because I had heard it was funny. And I *know* Ryan Reynolds is funny.

I have seen some superhero movies. I've seen the X-Men-related ones. And I've seen the Batman ones. And I've seen Jessica Jones(which is kind of an anti-superhero superhero show).

And I actually used to read X-Men comic books when I was younger. But superhero movies have never really been my thing.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Captain Blood. (1935)
Not quite as Swashbuckle-y as I remembered. Still the big sword fight with Basil Rathbone is impressive.
https://thegreatbaz.wordpress.com/2013/ ... -rathbone/
DukeofNuke posted:
Captain Blood. (1935)
Not quite as Swashbuckle-y as I remembered. Still the big sword fight with Basil Rathbone is impressive.

That's a great movie with Olivia De Havilland and the Tasmanian reprobate.

That movie got me interested in the history of British rebellions.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
DukeofNuke posted:
Captain Blood. (1935)

That's on my list of "to see..."
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Ribtor posted:

The Maltese Falcon (1941) Cleanses the blockbuster dreck from the brain and reminds me of how much fun a movie can be even when the story is so slight as to be non existent. All style and mood but it's done with modesty, so it works.

+1

I recall a scene in that where Bogart gets the drop on a succession of bad guys that he ends up with more guns than he can hold. I thought he very brief moment of comedy was well placed.
dv
dv
Her twitter feed is quite enjoyable.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Séamas Honorary Consul General
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Fun stuff.
TOS
the taking of pelham one two three

the original, of course

great old flick
jkahless Custom Title
Partway through Black Panther, had to stop watching because life happened. I'm really uncomfortable with both hereditary theocratic monarchs, trial by combat, and with a country that stands idle and aloof when it's futuristic technology could do so much good in the world. They can repair spinal injuries and they hide that from the world. So Im not convinced the good guys are actually good yet. Entertaining though!
jkahless Custom Title
Finished it last night. Great movie, though I was disappointed in the depiction of Africa, it would have been nice if Wakanda had its own culture, rather than a panafrican buffet, it made film feel very American. It was a bold and laudable move to make the baddy the right one, even if his methods were evil, and have him change the King's mind. I wish they'd worked more on the fight scenes, the camera work was phenomenal, but the cgi black panther lacked a sense of mass.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
I wish they'd worked more on the fight scenes

There's a video somewhere (youtube?) about filming the bar fight, how it was all done in one take with all the action shots happening simultaneously. Pretty cool.
(Personally, I thought it was just another superhero movie, no big deal.)
DukeofNuke posted:
Quote:
I wish they'd worked more on the fight scenes

There's a video somewhere (youtube?) about filming the bar fight, how it was all done in one take with all the action shots happening simultaneously. Pretty cool.
(Personally, I thought it was just another superhero movie, no big deal.)

Not sure about the one-take aspect, but you are probably thinking of this post here.
Trailer for a shot-by-shot live action remake of "Toy Story 3".

Just to be clear: scenes with "only" the toys were made using stop motion so strictly speaking not all "live".

The full movie is projected to be completed in 2019.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The Mummy (2017/ Tom Cruse)
Jesus, what a mess.
They even manage to throw Russell Crow in there as Dr. Jekyll; and then try to position it as a superhero type origin story.
The Brandon Frasier version is much better.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 195