What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I'm sitting here waiting for Watchmen to start.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
DukeofNuke wrote:
I remember a rumor, that Elizabeth Berkley just gave up on the bathrobe, and just wandered around the set naked. In the line at the lunch wagon, script meetings, ect.

Oh dear. I learned last night that she was romantically involved with Paul Verhoeven during the filming of that movie, which is yuck.
user Stupid cockwomble
You expect an actress playing a stripper to remain pure or something?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I like to think she was really givin' it to Kyle McLaughlin in the pool scene.

And that the coke was real.
SpacemanSpiff Resident Gimp
Transformers The Movie (1986)
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

So much better than the new one.
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

So much better than the new one.

It even had a Weird Al song in it!
God I know, what an awesome movie.
It was actually too short. I think they tried to cram too much into it. But I'm a sucker for cheesy eighties beats and hand drawn "cartoons".

Good voice actors, too.
Watchmen was ok. I mean, i'm glad i saw it, but it wasn't exactly what i expected. I expected a lot of action, and there were a few things i coulda gone without seeing on the big screen. I'll probably end up renting it so i can watch it again from the comfort of my couch.
It's not really an action-packed story.
bratboy wrote:
It's not really an action-packed story.

I didn't know that going in. For some reason, i thought there'd be a lot of action. I really did like it, though, but i think it's one of those flicks that'll be just as good on the small screen.

Except for Dr Manhattan. He looked pretty coolon the big screen, and i thought 'All Along The Watchtower' was a nice touch.
I'm seeing it tonight. I'm legitimately nervous, I love the book.
Conner Of Gallifrey
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
It was actually too short. I think they tried to cram too much into it. But I'm a sucker for cheesy eighties beats and hand drawn "cartoons".

Good voice actors, too.

The animation for the most part is very well done, too. I watched it again a week or two ago.

Watchmen was meh, too pretentious and too much blue rooster. Best part was the new Trek trailer, which looks amazing!
What, were they supposed to put pants on dr. manhattan?
I heard they were so true to the original that it's probably insanely confusing to people who didn't read the graphic novel.
Conner Of Gallifrey
bratboy wrote:
What, were they supposed to put pants on dr. manhattan?

No, but still. I have a penis threshold in my movies, and it was reached.
:brow:

Is that an obligatory straight male assertion? You have one yourself, it couldn't be that disturbing.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
In his case...
:: giggles ::
spike attempting to look on the bright side
Just watched boondock saints, had never seen it before. its stick fiddling good.
Conner Of Gallifrey
bratboy wrote:
:brow:

Is that an obligatory straight male assertion? You have one yourself, it couldn't be that disturbing.

No, I also have a naked women threshold too, and we made it to about 75% during the movie.
Well that's not bizarre at all.
She has steroid breasts.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
I heard they were so true to the original that it's probably insanely confusing to people who didn't read the graphic novel.

except they changed the entire ending. :brow:
spike wrote:
Just watched boondock saints, had never seen it before. its stick fiddling good.

no kidding, for awhile freshman year of college we watched that, or at least parts of it, every day.
I've known several people in the past who were obsessed with that movie.

I watched it once. I liked it, but didn't get why they were talking about it constantly.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Goldfinger

Ya gotta love the classics!
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Saw Coraline yesterday and loved it!
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
'We Own the Night.' I thought it was pretty good.
Not exactly a movie, but I'm working my way through "Generation Kill" again. Totally amazing miniseries.
Random User Sackboy's Master
I just watched:

**Resident Evil: Degeneration
**Quarantine
**Rescue Dawn

Resident Evil: Degeneration was okay. It's animated and the voice overs, while good, didn't match the lip movements at all it seemed. Graphics were pretty much outstanding though.

Quarantine reminded me of the Blair Witch Project and of Cloverfield. That single camera first person perspective is fun if done well. I hated the ending though. But then again I hated the ending of Cloverfield and The Blair Witch Project too. Seems to be a trend with these movies to have sucky endings. The bulk of the movie was very edgy and adrenaline pushing. Zombies are always fun if you can call the things in this one that.

Rescue Dawn has Christian Bale in it as a shot down Navy pilot. He is shot down over Laos before the official US involvement in Vietnam. He is placed in a makeshift POW camp to which he attempts to eventually escape. Good movie. Very engaging. It's worth a Sunday afternoon to watch it.

Definitely a decent round of movies from Netflix.
justine wrote:

You aren't one of those middle of the movie texters are you Justine?

:p

I hate it when folks check their phone in the middle of the movie. The bright light from the LCD on the phone is VERY distracting even if they don't make any noise with the phone.

Due to poor picture quality in our local theaters, poor audio, and the general irritants of seeing a movie with other strangers I generally wait for them to come out on DVD or even better Blu-ray. I have a 40" Sony LCD 1080p tv and movies look phenomenal on it. Much better than the grainy film on crappy screens that plague our area.

Besides, I can pause it and go to the bathroom, answer the phone, get a snack, etc.

The only downside is missing out on the HUGENESS of a movie theater's screen. Some movies are worth the hassle and irritants to see it on the big screen. I was hoping that Watchmen was one of those films. Looks like I will wait for it to come out on Blu-ray based on reviews here.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Not exactly a movie, but I'm working my way through "Generation Kill" again. Totally amazing miniseries.

Ooh, that's on my netflix list.
Random User wrote:
justine wrote:

You aren't one of those middle of the movie texters are you Justine?

:p

I hate it when folks check their phone in the middle of the movie. The bright light from the LCD on the phone is VERY distracting even if they don't make any noise with the phone.

Due to poor picture quality in our local theaters, poor audio, and the general irritants of seeing a movie with other strangers I generally wait for them to come out on DVD or even better Blu-ray. I have a 40" Sony LCD 1080p tv and movies look phenomenal on it. Much better than the grainy film on crappy screens that plague our area.

Besides, I can pause it and go to the bathroom, answer the phone, get a snack, etc.

The only downside is missing out on the HUGENESS of a movie theater's screen. Some movies are worth the hassle and irritants to see it on the big screen. I was hoping that Watchmen was one of those films. Looks like I will wait for it to come out on Blu-ray based on reviews here.

No, i'm not. heh. I was waiting for the movie to start, trying to ignore the movie quiz crap that kept playing the same human waste over and over and over.
justine wrote:

No, i'm not. heh. I was waiting for the movie to start, trying to ignore the movie quiz crap that kept playing the same human waste over and over and over.

Don't you hate that? It's never long enough to actually cover a reasonable span of time and so you keep getting the same damn slides over and over and over. I'd rather watch previews for other movies during the wait BEFORE the movie starts than during "movie time".
Random User wrote:
justine wrote:

Don't you hate that? It's never long enough to actually cover a reasonable span of time and so you keep getting the same damn slides over and over and over. I'd rather watch previews for other movies during the wait BEFORE the movie starts than during "movie time".

This was unusually annoying. I think because it was the early bird special for $6.00. Even the theater was completely black when they allowed us to go in to find a place to sit. Find a place to sit? You couldn't see 2' in front of you. There were actually a couple of guys in there that were sort of guiding people with their cell phones.

Anyway, yeah, these weren't your normal quizes. They were mostly factoids that i can't remember that played over and over. Even a couple of the previews played more than once.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
bratboy wrote:
'We Own the Night.' I thought it was pretty good.

I really wanted to see that, until i accidentally caught the ending on HBO.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Eragon

Uhm.... not bad...

Hellboy 2

Good
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 195