What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
'Burn After Reading.' It was entertaining.
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm in the middle of XIII on Hulu right now. Makes me want to play the game again.

Hate that they replaced the girl on the beach with an old couple in the snow.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Just saw Equilibrium - was interesting.
user Stupid cockwomble
Finished XIII. They kept the continued conspiracy that the game had, setting up the sequel that never was.

Now I think maybe the movie was just a pilot.
bratboy wrote:

You think thats a schwinn!

fiddlesticks off, you're mormon; we're all alcoholics compared to you.
bratboy wrote:

Funny, I thought it was crap.
justine wrote:
Harsh Times. Not bad. I really hate Christian Bales voice, though.

Especially when it's screaming at you to get out of its sight-line?
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Coraline in 3D. First off, 3d movies lately are really cool. Second, the movie itself was really good. Delightful visually, a strong enough plot, and just incredibly incredibly creative along the way.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
Coraline in 3D. First off, 3d movies lately are really cool. Second, the movie itself was really good. Delightful visually, a strong enough plot, and just incredibly incredibly creative along the way.

I heard a story on NPR about that movie. The animator said that he intentionally made the stop-motion a little less smooth than he could have, so that it obviously wasn't CGI.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift

LA Confidential

Bride of Frankenstein
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh

I will never be able to watch a 3D movie, my eyes do not work together.
DukeofNuke wrote:

I heard a story on NPR about that movie. The animator said that he intentionally made the stop-motion a little less smooth than he could have, so that it obviously wasn't CGI.

Yeah if you get a chance google Coraline, there are lots of articles about the animation process and how everything was done by hand. Pretty epic stuff and it turned out very very cool.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
bratboy wrote:

Funny, I thought it was crap.

I'm partial to the Coen brothers, and usually like even their less-successful films.

It wasn't amazing, by any stretch of the imagination.
I thought Brad Pitt's Burn After Reading acting was better than his Benjamin Button acting this year.
I thought Brad Pitt's Burn After Reading acting was better than his Benjamin Button acting this year.

I never got around to seeing Benjamin Button, but I so loved his acting in Burn After Reading!
Sense and Sensibility. Had a similar reaction to it as I did to Pride and Prejudice - I wanted to gouge my eyes out, but it turned out to be a pretty good movie at the end. I liked Sense and Sensibility better, though - a lot less girly and a lot more realistic about the nature of love.
Saw 'Milk' last night. Thought it was good.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
bratboy wrote:
Saw 'Milk' last night. Thought it was good.

Oh, you are SO gonna get kicked out of the club!
I just saw Black Hawk Down.

It was a good movie.

Actually knowing one of the people involved made it an emotional movie.
Just watched Charlie Bartlett.

Viewing from the eyes of a high schooler, I would have to say that it leaned towards opposite extremes about the reality... it was either "this happens every day" or "no way in hell."
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Burn after reading.

meh.

Good acting, good concept. So I blame it on the director.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Wall E. I must be the only person on the planet that thought it was a waste of an hour and a half.
user Stupid cockwomble
justine wrote:
Wall E. I must be the only person on the planet that thought it was a waste of an hour and a half.

I was underwhelmed, too.

And I'd bought the damn disc.
My sister didn't like Walle, Like, she didnt even like the robot himself; just providing more evidence that she is indeed completely unrelated to me.
Conner Of Gallifrey
justine wrote:

I'm glad we were finally able to confirm that you are in fact not human.
Let The Right One In.

It was not boring, but I didn't love it either. The subject matter made it at the minimum interesting.
Marc, I thought the robot was too similar to Number 5. And user, i was so glad i didn't waste my money buying it.
Random User Sackboy's Master
"The Last Starfighter" on DVD via Netflix.

Awesome movie from the 80's.

My daughter liked it so much she watched it twice in a row.
Random User wrote:
"The Last Starfighter" on DVD via Netflix.

Awesome movie from the 80's.

My daughter liked it so much she watched it twice in a row.

I seem to recall seeing that.
Random User Sackboy's Master
justine wrote:

You aren't the only one. I wasn't that impressed with it versus other Pixar movies either.

I don't know exactly what about it was lacking I just know that I didn't get the same "happy" feeling as I did when I watched other Pixar movies.
Eat Drink Man Woman. I officially <3 Ang Lee.
justine wrote:
Marc, I thought the robot was too similar to Number 5.

Yeah I thought he was a lot like Short Circuit too but I remember liking that movie too, then again you have to remember I saw that through the rose colored glasses of a >7 year old.
user Stupid cockwomble
Random User wrote:
justine wrote:

You aren't the only one. I wasn't that impressed with it versus other Pixar movies either.

I don't know exactly what about it was lacking I just know that I didn't get the same "happy" feeling as I did when I watched other Pixar movies.

Wall•E's story was much thinner than usual with Pixar. The robots where limited in their character development, and there wasn't much given to the humans at all.

Mostly that Pixar is a victim of it's own success. One ominous point is that this was the first release since they merged with the Mouse.
I went and saw showgirls last night (with live commentary!). I'd seen the show before, and it's always great. I drank way too much, however.

I then went and caught the first couple of minutes of watchmen that started at midnight--I could have stayed for the whole thing, but all three theaters were packed and there was no way my drunk ass was standing for 2 hours. It looks awesome.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
bratboy wrote:
I went and saw showgirls last night (with live commentary!). ...

What?!
Ok. That deserves some discussion.
Who was doing the commenting, and what were they commenting about?
I assume this wasn't a bunch of drunks yelling back at the screen.
I'm trying to decide if i want to go sit in a theater for 3 hours today and see Watchmen.
DukeofNuke wrote:
What?!

Here you go.

That theater (I used to work there) does it about once a year, but I'm pretty sure that guy performs elsewhere.

He's on the special edition DVD commentary track. It's pretty great.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
bratboy wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
What?!

Here you go.

That theater (I used to work there) does it about once a year, but I'm pretty sure that guy performs elsewhere.

He's on the special edition DVD commentary track. It's pretty great.

Cool! I gotta find that.
Showgirls is great!
Yes it's one of my favorite movies. It drives my partner crazy.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I remember a rumor, that Elizabeth Berkley just gave up on the bathrobe, and just wandered around the set naked. In the line at the lunch wagon, script meetings, ect.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 195