What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 195
Online now: No visible users
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Batman v Superman

synopsis:
Batman: I'm gonna kill that alien stick fiddler.
Superman: What? No. Btw, my mom's name is Martha.
Batman: What?! No way, mine too! Ok, nevermind. Friends?

wtf?
Zeiram (1991) and Zeiram 2 (1994)

Japanese scifi/action movies about interstellar bounty hunter Iriya trying to capture the alien super killer Zeiram while two bumbling idiots get caught up in the mess.

Both movies play like a Super Nintendo game, not a lot of characterization happens here. Even for its time the CGI is very crude, but the practical effects really make up for it. The main reason to watch is for the action and for that case part 2 is better, the actress playing Iriya fully embraces the badassness of the character from the beginning.

They've been on my watch list for years, teenage me would've loved them.
user Stupid cockwomble
Man From UNCLE (2015)

Not what I expected (thought it would be Mission Impossible style crap). Very elegant, very cool.

"Loving your work, Cowboy."

Kuryakin is such a badass.
All The President's Men (1976) Telephones and typewriters.
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972) Weirdness.
TOS
true detective, season 1
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Vulture 420
Hardcore Henry, man that was cool and different. Have to see it again.
gd Hero of Twilight
Suicide Squad
TOS
gd posted:
Suicide Squad

... and?
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I have bad news for you.

It was batman vs superman good.
If you want to see suicide squad, just watch batman: assault on Arkham.
TOS
:(

apparently the studio butchered it and hyped it out the yin-yang after the "failure" of s vs b

maybe they'll release a director's cut that'll be the way it was originally intende
dv
Finally saw the old 1966 Batman movie. Pretty funny.
gd Hero of Twilight
TOS posted:
gd posted:
Suicide Squad

... and?

Pretty much this
mmaverick posted:
I have bad news for you.

It was batman vs superman good.

And this

TOS posted:
:(

apparently the studio butchered it and hyped it out the yin-yang after the "failure" of s vs b

maybe they'll release a director's cut that'll be the way it was originally intende

I actually enjoyed it more than Batman v Superman. The character introduction was good albeit too long. Some parts of the movie were awkward, as if they had tried to mimic the comedy from Deadpool. The fight scenes were good and Deadshot was awesome. Joker starred in the movie for all of 5 minutes so it is impossible to know if Leto makes a good Joker, although there were a few actions Joker did that made me cringe. I liked the soundtrack but it was definitely more youth oriented.

I think the movie is worth it if only to stare at Margot Robbie cosplaying Harley and her glorious assets.
dv
Ridiculous 6 and The Do-Over.

Both were... ok in spots.
Ant-Man and then Deadpool

The humor, writing, and pacing of Deadpool felt like a Marvel/Disney movie. It's good, but very formulaic now. I hope Fox does more of this, but Age of Apocalypse doesn't look like that's happening.
The making of Amadeus. An interview documentary made in the early 00s featuring Miloš Forman, producer Saul Zaentz, Neville Marriner, writer Peter Shaffer and F. Murray Abraham, Tom Hulce, Geoffrey Jones, Elizabeth Berridge. Inspired casting made the film a classic and the back stage tid-bits actually enhance the film.
TOS
funny, i thought the casting was deplorable (apart from f. murray abraham and the pedo who played the emperor)
Gods of Egypt (2016) I liked it. It reminded me of The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad (1958) and The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974) in style.

Witness For The Prosecution (1957) Charles Laughton, Marlene Dietrich, Elsa Lanchester, Tyrone Power. Directed by Billy Wilder. Perfect.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
TOS
sicario

two words: holy crap
dv
Florence Foster Jenkins

Cute movie. Probably not worth paying extra for the movie theater experience, but definitely a rental.
Vulture 420
TOS posted:
sicario

two words: holy crap

Yeah! :D
TOS
band of brothers

still holds up awesomely after 15 years

just spotted a very young james mcavoy as one of the soldiers
TOS posted:
band of brothers

still holds up awesomely after 15 years

just spotted a very young james mcavoy as one of the soldiers

Also a young Simon Pegg. Who was very "interesting" with an American accent.

We watched the first three episodes with my in laws on Saturday night.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
The Night Before. Hilarious!
dv
Finally saw Interstellar.

Neat movie.
user Stupid cockwomble
Basically, a movie McConaughey could have written in his dialog style.
dv
TOS
ghostbusters

not bad, not great
TOS posted:
ghostbusters

not bad, not great

You sexist pig!
Redline (2009)

When the Wachowski brothers' Speed Racer came out I said it was a live action version of the cartoon. This is a crazy anime version of that.
The Nice Guys (2016) Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. The two leads are fine, Gosling has a nice comedic touch but there's inordinate death and cruelty in the humour which I find off-putting. A lighter touch with the violence would have suited.
TOS
Ribtor posted:
The Nice Guys (2016) Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. The two leads are fine, Gosling has a nice comedic touch but there's inordinate death and cruelty in the humour which I find off-putting. A lighter touch with the violence would have suited.

funny, i had the same thought

and the little kid being a part of the action ... maybe it's just my dadness talking but i found that very dark
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
j_tso posted:
Redline (2009)

When the Wachowski brothers' Speed Racer came out I said it was a live action version of the cartoon. This is a crazy anime version of that.

So it's a cartoon version of a live version of a cartoon?
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Get Smart

Yes, it was kind of a dumb movie, but I liked it. Of course, I loved the original Get Smart TV show, so it was tailor made for folks like me. I'm not sure Steve Carell nailed Maxwell Smart, especially since the original 86 wasn't so much socially awkward as just awkward, but his was a good rendition of him. I was also glad they didn't overdo it with the cheesy lines. Just enough to keep the nostalgia machine going. Unfortunately, nearly every character was a departure from the original in some important way, especially 99 (who was probably the most different from the original)

I do think it probably deserved the "good, but not great" rating, but it was an enjoyable romp.
Pithecanthropus posted:
So it's a cartoon version of a live version of a cartoon?

Yes. :)
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Chappie

I liked it
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Star Trek: Beyond

Gawd, why are Star Trek movie plots so frickin' thin?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 195