What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I've been watching Bond movies since I was little yet have never seen this one.

It's not terrible, just too long. Lazenby is ok as Bond. I think the ruffled shirts put me off more. There are no gadgets, fights are more rough, Bond is forced "on leave". Diana Rigg is just weird, they probably didn't want any Emma Peel comments so she just plays an overly dramatic person.

Lazenby actually turned down the next movie, with "make love, not war" being the attitude of the day, he thought the Bond franchise would end very quickly.
OHMSS was reasonably close to the book. I liked the settings.

The Proposal (2009) Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock and Betty White. Perfunctory.
dv
Ribtor posted:

Why would you watch a romcom on purpose?
user Stupid cockwomble
Cause Betty White is hawt.
dv
user posted:
Cause Betty White is hawt.

dv posted:
Ribtor posted:

I don't mind the genre.

I keep hoping for a Tracy/Hepburn or a "Harry Met Sally" flick but am usually disappointed. It Happened One Night and His Girl Friday are two of my three favourite films of all time. What can I say? I like pleasantness struck through with minor conflict.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
justine posted:

I saw the first one, that was more than enough for me.
Pithecanthropus posted:
justine posted:

I saw the first one, that was more than enough for me.

They're so stupid i have to watch. And Mark Cuban played the president in this one! :lol:
Ribtor posted:
dv posted:
Ribtor posted:

I don't mind the genre.

I keep hoping for a Tracy/Hepburn or a "Harry Met Sally" flick but am usually disappointed. It Happened One Night and His Girl Friday are two of my three favourite films of all time. What can I say? I like pleasantness struck through with minor conflict.

I don't mind the genre either. There are a few too dumb to watch but you can usually guess them from the trailer. "Bringing Up Baby" has been a favorite of mine forever.
The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) Matthew McConaughey, Marissa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe, William H Macey, John Leguizamo, Michael Peña.

Legal thriller, murder mystery. Worth a look.
StaticAge posted:
Ribtor posted:
dv posted:
Ribtor posted:

I don't mind the genre.

I don't mind the genre either. There are a few too dumb to watch but you can usually guess them from the trailer. "Bringing Up Baby" has been a favorite of mine forever.

I own Bringing Up Baby
user Stupid cockwomble
I feel gay all of a sudden.
TOS
cap'n 'murca

really really great, worth a watch

it's what ultron should have been

also the hobbit guy was a neat little surprise

fun fact: i was the only human in the theater
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
King Kong, the Jack Black version (best dinosaur fight in cinema, IMO).
When the movie was over the news came on, and the lead story was this: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/zoo-kills-gorilla/
talk about irony...
TOS
that movie should have been great but it was just a portent of the hobbit movies ... too long, too overblown, too many back-to-back set-pieces
macnuke Afar
waited till Deadpool was out on bluray.
finally got time to sit and watch it.

was good for many chuckles.
TOS
i think the world needs a spider-man/deadpool crossover movie
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Just finished Deadpool.

It's so good.
Where to invade next. It was quite good. Another film proving that America is going down the drain.
Vulture 420
avkills posted:
Where to invade next. It was quite good. Another film proving that America is going down the drain.

I just watched some YouTube videos about the central banking history and I'm wondering if we need to invade Iran, North Korea, and Cuba. Gotta see the movie. I know where to invade next, the question is will we allow it to happen? I say yes, yes we will! :p
user Stupid cockwomble
We've just taken care of Cuba.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Hound of the Baskervilles (the Basil Rathbone one). Great flick.
Ribtor posted:
The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) Matthew McConaughey, Marissa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe, William H Macey, John Leguizamo, Michael Peña.

See if you can "find" both seasons of Bosch. It's an Amazon series based on Connelly's more popular (and half brother of Haller) Hieronymous (Harry) Bosch. 20 episodes per season and superbly well made and acted.
Warin posted:
Ribtor posted:

See if you can "find" both seasons of Bosch. It's an Amazon series based on Connelly's more popular (and half brother of Haller) Hieronymous (Harry) Bosch. 20 episodes per season and superbly well made and acted.

I will look for it. I like courtroom drama.
TOS
cabin in the woods

so much fun
I watched Tammy. Meh.
Noah (2014) Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Emma Watson, Ray Winstone. Not bad.
dv
Finally saw that Captain America movie.
user Stupid cockwomble
Captain America: Electric Bugaloo 2?
dv
user posted:
Captain America: Electric Bugaloo 2?

Captain America: 33 1/3.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
The Good Dinosaur

:up:
Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014) Christian Bale. Same old story. Ridley Scott made the plagues and the parting of the Red Sea as natural Phenomena instead of outright miracles. No jello was used. Impressive sets and effects. I think Bale was channeling Heston a few times.

Knowing (2009) Nicholas Cage keeps it mostly together as a single parent with a son who comes into possession of a piece of paper that foretells major disasters including the end of the earth. There's aliens as well. Entertaining enough. The crashing airplane scene was effectively done.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pithecanthropus posted:
We Are Twisted stick fiddling Sister. Holy human waste, did those guys pay a lot of dues before they hit.

LOL

I saw that a couple weeks ago.

Growing up on Long Island I had heard their name for years before they got a hit.
That documentary really brought back memories about hearing of all those venues the bands would play as well as the other bands on the circuit.
I wondered what happened to all those clubs, and that documentary answered the question:
NYS raised the drinking age from 18 to 19 and then to 21 within a 2 year period.
It really killed the live music scene in the area.
I was 17 when they raised the drinking age--at that point in time it wasn't uncommon for 16 year olds to have regular access to alcohol.
The Big Red One (1980) Lee Marvin, Mark Hamill.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
The Hunt For Red October, for about the 900th time. It's like video comfort food.

As I was watching it, I wondered how badly Michael Bay would rape that story nowadays. It made me shudder.
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
The Hunt For Red October, for about the 900th time. It's like video comfort food.

As I was watching it, I wondered how badly Michael Bay would rape that story nowadays. It made me shudder.

any director would totally change it ... tons of extreme close-ups and jittery camera mounts during each action scene
X-Men (2000) Abysmal. Pay-cheques for all concerned, nothing more. Since learning that Deadpool (good fun) was part of that franchise I have decided to give the X-Men a look. I hope the films get better.
TOS
Ribtor posted:
X-Men (2000) Abysmal. Pay-cheques for all concerned, nothing more. Since learning that Deadpool (good fun) was part of that franchise I have decided to give the X-Men a look. I hope the films get better.

you're gonna love the third one
dv
TOS posted:
Ribtor posted:

you're gonna love the third one

Don't do that.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 195