What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 196
Online now: Google [Bot]
For Your Eyes Only (1981) Some great chase scenes. Bond on skis in a bobsled run being chased by a bad guy on a dirt-bike is classic. There's Lynn-Holly Johnson's cute hotness and an exploding Lotus.
World War Z* (2013) Quite the thrill ride. The Jerusalem wall scenes were particularly fantastic. Utterly full of plot holes but that's par for the course in a zombie flick.

I liked that Peter Capaldi played a WHO doctor.

*That's "zed"
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Big Hero 6. It was ok.

Sharknado2. Same as Sharknado except different city.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
The Conversation

Good, but I need to see it again. I really didn't get where it was going until very late in the movie. Gene Hackman is outstanding.
A couple years back I was on a kick where I watched a lot of crappy movies from American International Pictures / Roger Corman, so I always get a kick out of seeing people who got their start working there would continue to work together--in this case Francis Ford Coppola, Cindy Williams ands Terri Garr.
user Stupid cockwomble
Séamas posted:
Terri Garr

Pineapple Express. I love this flick!
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Kill Me Three Times (2014) Simon Pegg gets underutilized in an Australian movie that reads like a piece of Pulp Fiction fan fiction. Not overly terrible, not overly good. It was a good way to kill 90 minutes on a Sunday night.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Kingsman: The Secret Service. An awesome tip of the hat to spy movies and TV shows of days gone by. Bloody violent, but a fun romp.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Pithecanthropus posted:
Kingsman: The Secret Service. An awesome tip of the hat to spy movies and TV shows of days gone by. Bloody violent, but a fun romp.

A great movie - But that random banal sex scene at the end was dumb and pointless.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Conner posted:
A great movie - But that random banal sex scene at the end was dumb and pointless.

Yeah that was really crude and bizarre.
What's New Pussycat? (1965) Peter O'Toole, Peter Sellers, Woody Allen, Capucine, Romy Schnieder, Paula Prentiss, Usula Andress. What a mess.
user Stupid cockwomble
The song was fun.
user posted:
Séamas posted:
Terri Garr

Ever see the T.A.M.I Show?

She was one of the featured Go-Go dancers. Worth a watch.

(aslo in there is a young Toni Basil who I believe did the choreography.)
user Stupid cockwomble
Man those were some real awkward dance moves.
TOS
bratboy posted:
Conner posted:

Yeah that was really crude and bizarre.

i felt the same way, i thought it was a joke outtake that someone accidentally left in the movie
Argo (2012) I noticed that the actors who play the husband and wife 'Staffords' are the same pair who play husband and wife in "Halt And Catch Fire".
Judgement at Nuremberg.
I'd forgotten just how excellent that movie is and how relevant to today it remains.
juice Inadvertently correct
I noticed it is available On Demand from my cable provider. I need to watch it again.
dv
White Lightning (1973) Burt Reynolds Net Beatty. That there motion picture don't make a lick o' sense.
Bullitt

Iconic car chase aside, it's actually not a bad crime story.
dv
The Butler. Was good. The father/son stuff made me sniffle.
Chariots Of The Gods (1970) I never tire of the awesome awfulness of the premise and the production.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Star Trek: Renegades

Quote:
Star Trek Renegades is an independent fan funded and supported Internet television Series, produced by Sky Conway.

Our pilot episode is completed and will be released to supporters in the very near future. Renegades features a combination of familiar Star Trek character and actors, plus a collection of hot, new rising actors.

The Story:

When a seemingly unstoppable new enemy threatens the very existence of the Earth, Admiral Pavel Chekov (Walter Koenig) is forced to work outside the boundaries of Starfleet’s rules to combat this deadly new foe.

When planet after planet winks out of existence, yet Starfleet refuses to act, Chekov turns to Commander Tuvok (Tim Russ, who also directs), the new head of Starfleet’s covert operations division, Section 31. Together, they assemble a new elite strike-force, consisting of rogues, outcasts and criminals, led by the fearless yet haunted Lexxa Singh (Adrienne Wilkinson).

The Renegades’ mission is simple: take on an army and stop their leader, Borrada (Bruce Young), from destroying the Earth. Outnumbered and outgunned, the ragtag crew is in an adrenaline-pumping race against time and space. But they soon find their foes are the least of their concerns: the real trouble may be coming from within!

Star Trek: Renegades stars Walter Koenig (reprising his role as Admiral Chekov), Adrienne Wilkinson, Sean Young, Manu Intiraymi, Gary Graham, Robert Picardo, Corin Nemec, Bruce Young, Tim Russ, Chasty Ballesteros, Edward Furlong, Courtney Peldon, Larissa Gomes, Richard Herd and Herbert Jefferson Jr., and introducing Crystal Conway.

Star Trek: Renegades - boldly going where no Trek has gone before!

22 Jump Street :D
TOS
Ribtor posted:
Chariots Of The Gods (1970) I never tire of the awesome awfulness of the premise and the production.

omg

i saw that recently after decades of hype and was amazed by the crazy leaps of logic

but it had such a powerful effect on the ol' zeitgeist ... and i think von daniken is still out there flyin' the flag
Tonight i watched:

Sweet Home Alabama
Life Or Something Like It

And i recorded From Dusk Til Dawn. I dunno why i recorded it. I have the dvd. :heh:
Le Samourai (1967)

Stoic, solitary assassin gets double crossed by his client while the police try to find him. It's an early film where the stoic protagonist doesn't say much. Other than a random quote after the beginning credits, not much to do about samurai or bushido. I guess I was expecting something like Ghost Dog, Way of the Samurai where quotes from Hagakure are thrown in. The movie is pretty stylish though.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS posted:
Ribtor posted:

omg

i saw that recently after decades of hype and was amazed by the crazy leaps of logic

but it had such a powerful effect on the ol' zeitgeist ... and i think von daniken is still out there flyin' the flag

I love putting the tv in the waiting room on H2, and making the fundies watch Ancient Aliens all day.
DukeofNuke posted:
TOS posted:
Ribtor posted:

omg

I love putting the tv in the waiting room on H2, and making the fundies watch Ancient Aliens all day.

B-b-but why? When you could put on Discovery TLC...um, uh....

Nevermind.
DEyncourt posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
TOS posted:
Ribtor posted:

omg

B-b-but why? When you could put on Discovery TLC...um, uh....

Nevermind.

Or you could just loop Mars Attacks in a dvd player :D
user Stupid cockwomble
juice Inadvertently correct
Science Channel?
user Stupid cockwomble
From Dusk Til Dawn. I love this flick!
Sunset Boulevard
I thought I had seen this--or most of it years ago, but now realize that I had probably only seen a very small amount. I thought it was fantastic all the way through. Far better than I thought it was going to be.

The Man who shot Liberty Valance
I've been reading a bit about John Ford and how is so universally loved and respected by other directors, so I thought I'd check out more of his movies. This one was definitely pretty good --but I really don't get his casting decision on this. Jimmy Stewart (and I presume John Wayne) are supposed to be fairly young men in this, but each look well past 50. I've come to not really "get" John Wayne at all. I saw him recently in True Grit and came away with the same distaste for how he goes about his "acting". There just isn't anything convincing about him or how he says his lines. I thought the story was good enough and the story telling was reasonably good, but didn't think this was a mark of John Ford's genius.
TOS
john wayne was always monstrously overrated
TOS posted:

Have you not seen McLintock or Donovan's Reef?
justine posted:
TOS posted:

Have you not seen McLintock or Donovan's Reef?

I caught about 20 minutes of Donovan's reef about 2 months ago and thought he was playing John Wayne.
user Stupid cockwomble
That's all he ever played.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 196