What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Boys Don't Cry.

God damn this movie was disturbing and sad.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
mmaverick posted:
Pariah posted:
Alexander Supertramp posted:
Pariah posted:
Jurassic World.
Fun but disappointing.
I was surprised to see it took 4 screen writers to concoct that weak script.

A lot of times many screenwriters means the script needed help so more people were brought in for usually multiple rewrites.

A shame the effort appears to have failed.
I enjoyed it as a mindless actioner but with a bit better writing, an actual plot and story line, it would have been better.
Another movie with a blockbuster's FX budget and a SyFy Original quality script.

I think maybe you should watch 2 headed shark attack or its like before equating Jurassic world to syfy

I am insulted that you would suggest I have not seen most of the SyFy Originals. I love bad movies and I generally get a kick out of the SyFy stuff, as much of a kick as I got from Jurassic World.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Love & Mercy. A very factual look at the life of Brian Wilson (musical genius), covering mostly the era surrounding Pet Sounds and Smile, and his life with his doctor (who controlled almost every aspect of his life), and the budding relationship with his wife-to-be, Melinda. I would see it again in a heartbeat.

And I could look at Elizabeth Banks for hours at every conceivable angle.
TOS
oooh, i've been meaning to see that!
juice Inadvertently correct
I see very few movies but that one looks interesting.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. It was ok.
justine posted:

I figured that one would be terrible but watched it because my kids wanted too and was pleased to find it much better than I thought it would be.
I really liked Guardians of the Galaxy.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
the soundtrack was great
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Farmerkev posted:
justine posted:

I figured that one would be terrible but watched it because my kids wanted too and was pleased to find it much better than I thought it would be.

Same here. I expected a silly action movie and it was better and less silly than I expected.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pithecanthropus posted:
Love & Mercy. A very factual look at the life of Brian Wilson (musical genius), covering mostly the era surrounding Pet Sounds and Smile, and his life with his doctor (who controlled almost every aspect of his life), and the budding relationship with his wife-to-be, Melinda. I would see it again in a heartbeat.

And I could look at Elizabeth Banks for hours at every conceivable angle.

I think (one of) the biggest shames about Brian Wilson is he never had much of a writing partner. Early lyrics were close to corny.
And the other Beach Boys seemed intent on being something other than what he was offering.
Pet Sounds is pure magic, and they probably could have had about three or four other albums just as good.

I do want to see that.
20,000 Years In Sing Sing (1932) Spencer Tracy, Bette Davis. Good stuff.
Jurassic World. Was awesome, unlike the second and third I'd have to say it was as good as the original Jurassic Park.
The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (2004) It's at once inventive and amusing, but terribly smug. It tries too hard, but I enjoyed it.
The main Event (1979) Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neil. O'Neil was unconvincing as a boxer and Streisand was unconvincing as a human.

The Time Machine (1960) Rod Taylor. Good fun, silly effects. I'm curious about the 2002 remake.
dv
Finally saw Avengers 2. Whee, that was fun.
Inside Out. It's certainly in the top 5 Pixar films of all time!
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Back To The Future Part II (we'll conclude the trilogy next week).
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
John Wick, Red 2, The Expendables # ?, Dr. Strangelove.

Yes, it was a 4th of July weekend!

Also, John Wick - WTF? Nothing but pastel colored lighting and shooting guns and killing people for revenge.
Was this based on a comi ... I mean, Graphic Novel? 'cause it kinda looks like it was.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, I saw Wick, too. Kinda fun seeing Greyjoy get run down but it fell into nonsense very fast. He was such an unbelievable crackshot except when he was shooting at main characters.
TCM had The Misfits (1961) Great film.
The Fall Guy (1981) TV pilot for series. In case you ever forget or doubt how bad TV could be, watch this. Lee Majors sings the theme song and there's not nearly enough of Heather Thomas.

We remember Heather, don't we?
user Stupid cockwomble
I seriously crushed on her.

Not enough to watch another Lee Majors show, though.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Saw Inside Out Friday, Ex Machina Saturday - both were excellent! :up:
Ribtor posted:
The Fall Guy (1981) TV pilot for series. In case you ever forget or doubt how bad TV could be, watch this. Lee Majors sings the theme song and there's not nearly enough of Heather Thomas.

OMG. And that poster of her in a pink bikini. So many teenage fantasies!
Warin posted:
Ribtor posted:

::googles it::

whoa
juice Inadvertently correct
I guess I had seen that. I forgot about that.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Warin posted:
Ribtor posted:

Ah, the age of the "Heathers" Thomas and Locklear. :D
Pariah posted:
Warin posted:
Ribtor posted:

Ah, the age of the "Heathers" Thomas and Locklear. :D

If we're gonna talk 80s blonde girl posters... Samantha Fox
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL

Don't that make your liver quiver!
user Stupid cockwomble
Watched a little of "Working Girl" this week on HBO. Big hair goodness.

They were using that as a way to separate the secretaries from the boss.
It's like she has a whole 'nother head above her head.
TOS
Ribtor posted:

i just googled her to find out what happened to her after the show ended ... it seems she went to rehab for cocaine addiction, made a bundle selling a screenplay, married an entertainment lawyer, is politically active, has a kid, just published a novel and just generally seems to have a good life
TOS
terminator: genisys

my one word review follows:

wat
Nightcrawler.

Creepy movie. Good, but creepy.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Secret of Roan Inish
I saw this in the theater when it came out and thought my kids would like it--they did.
IMHO it is one of the more successful tellings/adaptions of a fairy tale in film. It is a bit of a mix of a scottish supernatural creature in a context of a storyline typical of western Ireland.

Warriors
I love this movie.
Séamas posted:
Warriors
I love this movie.

:up: come out and play-yay...
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
Séamas posted:
Warriors
I love this movie.