What was the last movie you saw?

Music and video: analog or digital
dv

Post by dv »

Maleficent was good.
Vulture
Title: 420

Post by Vulture »

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Not my kind of movie at all, but the soundtrack was what made it watchable.
justine
Title: Elitist Beer Lover

Post by justine »

dv wrote: Maleficent was good.

I still want to see this.
"The older i get, the less i care about what people think of me. therefore the older i get, the more i enjoy life."

"Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation."
Ribtor

Post by Ribtor »

Dogma (1999)

Not as good as I'd been led to believe. Easy targets, obvious jokes. Jay wasn't funny at all. Linda Fiorentino seemed entirely out of place. A movie for rude adolescents that looks like it was scripted by rude adolescents.

The Prophecy (1995) with Christopher Walken was far more entertaining and even funnier when it wanted to be.
Pyke notte thy nostrellys
justine

Post by justine »

Dogma is one of my favorites.
"The older i get, the less i care about what people think of me. therefore the older i get, the more i enjoy life."

"Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation."
juice
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

justine wrote: Dogma is one of my favorites.

This
Pithecanthropus
Title: Roast Master

Post by Pithecanthropus »

I felt like the characters in Dogma weren't really acting, they were just spouting words that Kevin Smith wrote. A lot of it was like someone trying to act a blog. An angry blog.

Other than that, I liked the movie, but I still don't understand why people's heads didn't explode when God said "Beep."
set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled true
Vulture

Post by Vulture »

Pithecanthropus wrote: I felt like the characters in Dogma weren't really acting, they were just spouting words that Kevin Smith wrote. A lot of it was like someone trying to act a blog. An angry blog.

Other than that, I liked the movie, but I still don't understand why people's heads didn't explode when God said "Beep."

Basically why I don't like early Kevin Smith movies.
dv

Post by dv »

Pithecanthropus wrote: I felt like the characters in Dogma weren't really acting, they were just spouting words that Kevin Smith wrote. A lot of it was like someone trying to act a blog. An angry blog.

It wasn't a word (or rather, Word), it was baby talk.
Ribtor

Post by Ribtor »

Yeah. That's the plot hole.
Ribtor

Post by Ribtor »

The Bad Seed (1956) Genuinely creepy adaptation of the novel, but with a different ending.
justine

Post by justine »

Ribtor wrote: The Bad Seed (1956) Genuinely creepy adaptation of the novel, but with a different ending.

I know i read the book and i think i still have it, but don't remember anything about it. Loved the movie!

Vulture

Post by Vulture »

Ouija. Don't waste your time.
Séamas
Title: Honorary Consul General

Post by Séamas »

Didn't care for that one at all--and "characters in Dogma weren't really acting, they were just spouting words that Kevin Smith wrote. " is exactly right.

i have no problem with religious critique, but this was really shallow, college freshman conspiracy dope stuff.
And Proteus brought the upright beast into the garden and chained him to a tree and the children did make sport of him.
Pithecanthropus

dv wrote:

If I remember correctly it was that your head would explode (or whatever) if you heard the voice of God, it never said it had to be a word. And "beep" is a word.
dv

Post by dv »

Pithecanthropus wrote:
dv wrote:

If I remember correctly it was that your head would explode (or whatever) if you heard the voice of God, it never said it had to be a word. And "beep" is a word.

If it's a word, what does it mean?
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Post by ukimalefu »

dv wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:
dv wrote:

If it's a word, what does it mean?

on·o·mat·o·poe·ia
ˌänəˌmadəˈpēə,ˌänəˌmädəˈpēə/
noun
the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named (e.g., cuckoo, sizzle ).
Pariah
Title: Know Your Enemy

Post by Pariah »

I watched Guardians Of The Galaxy last night. It was a lot of fun, not nearly as child centric as I expected. Clearly the director was a big fan of the movie Heavy Metal.
Not even duct tape will fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
user
Title: Stupid cockwomble

Post by user »

Big swinging breasts?
Aw, he's no fun, he fell right over.

Science is Truth for Life. In FORTRAN tongue the Answer.

...so I'm supposed to find the Shadow King from inside a daiquiri?
Metacell
Title: Chocolate Brahma

Post by Metacell »

More about the musical interludes, I'm supposing.
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
TOS

Post by TOS »

Pariah wrote: I watched Guardians Of The Galaxy last night. It was a lot of fun, not nearly as child centric as I expected. Clearly the director was a big fan of the movie Heavy Metal.

exactly what i kept thinking while watching it
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
Ribtor

Post by Ribtor »

The Purple Rose Of Cairo (1985)

Nice bit of fantasy.
user

Post by user »

Damn rose wasn't purple!

Pithecanthropus

user wrote: Damn rose wasn't purple!

Don't even get me started about "The Never Ending Story."
maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Pithecanthropus wrote:

:brow:
user

Post by user »

Just picked up "Woodstock" on Blu-ray. Playing along with Joe Cocker on my Big Briar Etherwave.

stick fiddling F.

Ribtor

Post by Ribtor »

Food Inc. (2009) A documentary on the American modern mass market food industry.

Worth a look.
ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

user wrote: Just picked up "Woodstock" on Blu-ray. Playing along with Joe Cocker on my Big Briar Etherwave.

stick fiddling F.

Ok, that's really a thing. You actually have a moog theremin? and you can play it? that's awesome, but I don't believe you :p .

And it's Woodstock, you should play along with a guitar, acoustic or electric, any kind is ok.
TOS

Post by TOS »

ida

wow ... a real masterpiece

so simple, so "small" but so beautiful, pretty much every single shot was incredible, a still life
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
user

Post by user »

ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote: Just picked up "Woodstock" on Blu-ray. Playing along with Joe Cocker on my Big Briar Etherwave.

stick fiddling F.

Ok, that's really a thing. You actually have a moog theremin? and you can play it? that's awesome, but I don't believe you :p .

I've got two of them. Moog Music is just down the road from me. My Pro is valuable so it tends to stay put away. The Big Briar is small and easy to set up, so I fool around with it more.

ukimalefu wrote:And it's Woodstock, you should play along with a guitar, acoustic or electric, any kind is ok.

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

user wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

stick fiddling F.

I've got two of them. Moog Music is just down the road from me. My Pro is valuable so it tends to stay put away. The Big Briar is small and easy to set up, so I fool around with it more.

ukimalefu wrote:And it's Woodstock, you should play along with a guitar, acoustic or electric, any kind is ok.

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

whoopee were all gonna die!

So you have a theremin, that's cool. I do believe you, but I think we all want to see video of you playing the Star Trek theme music. :D
user

Post by user »

No, you really don't!

dv

Post by dv »

Equalizer.

Not bad for what it is.
Séamas

Post by Séamas »

Pithecanthropus wrote:

That one actually came real close imho.
And Proteus brought the upright beast into the garden and chained him to a tree and the children did make sport of him.
Séamas

Post by Séamas »

The Interview

Not very good at all. I thought the concept behind the plot was good, and the first 10 minutes were actually fairly promising, but it went downhill. Is James Franco always so unappealing? I know his character is supposed to be unappealing , but I didn't find him likable in Freaks and Geeks either.
Ribtor

Post by Ribtor »

The Ides Of March (2011)

Respectable political intrigue drama with Gosling, Clooney and PS Hoffman, and Tomei. Directed an co-written by Clooney.

Even Hollywood, dripping with Democrat sympathies, cannot resist revealing their own side as squalid graspers.

Makes for good watching.
Pithecanthropus

ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

stick fiddling F.

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

So you have a theremin, that's cool. I do believe you, but I think we all want to see video of you playing the Star Trek theme music. :D

Having performed on stage with a Theramin, I can say that it is a terrible, terrible instrument unless it is in the hands of a master. The best place for a Theramin, IMO, is at the bottom of a river. To hear what a Theramin is supposed to sound like, and to hear its true potential, check out Clara Rockmore. Ho-ly human waste!!

And it's not a Theramin on the Star Trek Theme, it's a soprano named Loulie Jean Norman.
Séamas

Post by Séamas »

Pithecanthropus wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

stick fiddling F.

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

Having performed on stage with a Theramin, I can say that it is a terrible, terrible instrument unless it is in the hands of a master. The best place for a Theramin, IMO, is at the bottom of a river. To hear what a Theramin is supposed to sound like, and to hear its true potential, check out Clara Rockmore. Ho-ly human waste!!

And it's not a Theramin on the Star Trek Theme, it's a soprano named Loulie Jean Norman.

Yep.

My esteem of Jimmy Page went down a number of pegs once I saw him live (with the Firm).

His Theramin segment was even worse than the violin bow noise segment.
ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

TherEmin
user

Post by user »

Pithecanthropus wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

stick fiddling F.

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

Pamelia Kurstin