What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 195
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], juice, ukimalefu
dv
Maleficent was good.
Vulture 420
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Not my kind of movie at all, but the soundtrack was what made it watchable.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
dv posted:
Maleficent was good.

I still want to see this.
Dogma (1999)

Not as good as I'd been led to believe. Easy targets, obvious jokes. Jay wasn't funny at all. Linda Fiorentino seemed entirely out of place. A movie for rude adolescents that looks like it was scripted by rude adolescents.

The Prophecy (1995) with Christopher Walken was far more entertaining and even funnier when it wanted to be.
Dogma is one of my favorites.
juice Inadvertently correct
justine posted:
Dogma is one of my favorites.

This
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I felt like the characters in Dogma weren't really acting, they were just spouting words that Kevin Smith wrote. A lot of it was like someone trying to act a blog. An angry blog.

Other than that, I liked the movie, but I still don't understand why people's heads didn't explode when God said "Beep."
Vulture 420
Pithecanthropus posted:
I felt like the characters in Dogma weren't really acting, they were just spouting words that Kevin Smith wrote. A lot of it was like someone trying to act a blog. An angry blog.

Other than that, I liked the movie, but I still don't understand why people's heads didn't explode when God said "Beep."

Basically why I don't like early Kevin Smith movies.
dv
Pithecanthropus posted:

It wasn't a word (or rather, Word), it was baby talk.
Yeah. That's the plot hole.
The Bad Seed (1956) Genuinely creepy adaptation of the novel, but with a different ending.
Ribtor posted:
The Bad Seed (1956) Genuinely creepy adaptation of the novel, but with a different ending.

I know i read the book and i think i still have it, but don't remember anything about it. Loved the movie!
Vulture 420
Ouija. Don't waste your time.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pithecanthropus posted:

Didn't care for that one at all--and "characters in Dogma weren't really acting, they were just spouting words that Kevin Smith wrote. " is exactly right.

i have no problem with religious critique, but this was really shallow, college freshman conspiracy dope stuff.
dv posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

If I remember correctly it was that your head would explode (or whatever) if you heard the voice of God, it never said it had to be a word. And "beep" is a word.
dv
Pithecanthropus posted:
dv posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

If I remember correctly it was that your head would explode (or whatever) if you heard the voice of God, it never said it had to be a word. And "beep" is a word.

If it's a word, what does it mean?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
dv posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
dv posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

If it's a word, what does it mean?

on·o·mat·o·poe·ia
ˌänəˌmadəˈpēə,ˌänəˌmädəˈpēə/
noun
the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named (e.g., cuckoo, sizzle ).
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I watched Guardians Of The Galaxy last night. It was a lot of fun, not nearly as child centric as I expected. Clearly the director was a big fan of the movie Heavy Metal.
user Stupid cockwomble
Big swinging breasts?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
More about the musical interludes, I'm supposing.
TOS
Pariah posted:
I watched Guardians Of The Galaxy last night. It was a lot of fun, not nearly as child centric as I expected. Clearly the director was a big fan of the movie Heavy Metal.

exactly what i kept thinking while watching it
The Purple Rose Of Cairo (1985)

Nice bit of fantasy.
user Stupid cockwomble
Damn rose wasn't purple!
user posted:
Damn rose wasn't purple!

Don't even get me started about "The Never Ending Story."
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Pithecanthropus posted:
user posted:
Damn rose wasn't purple!

:brow:
user Stupid cockwomble
Just picked up "Woodstock" on Blu-ray. Playing along with Joe Cocker on my Big Briar Etherwave.

stick fiddling F.
Food Inc. (2009) A documentary on the American modern mass market food industry.

Worth a look.
user posted:
Just picked up "Woodstock" on Blu-ray. Playing along with Joe Cocker on my Big Briar Etherwave.

stick fiddling F.

Ok, that's really a thing. You actually have a moog theremin? and you can play it? that's awesome, but I don't believe you :p .

And it's Woodstock, you should play along with a guitar, acoustic or electric, any kind is ok.
TOS
ida

wow ... a real masterpiece

so simple, so "small" but so beautiful, pretty much every single shot was incredible, a still life
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

stick fiddling F.

Ok, that's really a thing. You actually have a moog theremin? and you can play it? that's awesome, but I don't believe you :p .

I've got two of them. Moog Music is just down the road from me. My Pro is valuable so it tends to stay put away. The Big Briar is small and easy to set up, so I fool around with it more.

ukimalefu posted:
And it's Woodstock, you should play along with a guitar, acoustic or electric, any kind is ok.

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!
user posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

stick fiddling F.

I've got two of them. Moog Music is just down the road from me. My Pro is valuable so it tends to stay put away. The Big Briar is small and easy to set up, so I fool around with it more.

ukimalefu posted:

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

whoopee were all gonna die!

So you have a theremin, that's cool. I do believe you, but I think we all want to see video of you playing the Star Trek theme music. :D
user Stupid cockwomble
No, you really don't!
dv
Equalizer.

Not bad for what it is.
Pithecanthropus posted:
user posted:
Damn rose wasn't purple!

That one actually came real close imho.
The Interview

Not very good at all. I thought the concept behind the plot was good, and the first 10 minutes were actually fairly promising, but it went downhill. Is James Franco always so unappealing? I know his character is supposed to be unappealing , but I didn't find him likable in Freaks and Geeks either.
The Ides Of March (2011)

Respectable political intrigue drama with Gosling, Clooney and PS Hoffman, and Tomei. Directed an co-written by Clooney.

Even Hollywood, dripping with Democrat sympathies, cannot resist revealing their own side as squalid graspers.

Makes for good watching.
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

stick fiddling F.

ukimalefu posted:

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

So you have a theremin, that's cool. I do believe you, but I think we all want to see video of you playing the Star Trek theme music. :D

Having performed on stage with a Theramin, I can say that it is a terrible, terrible instrument unless it is in the hands of a master. The best place for a Theramin, IMO, is at the bottom of a river. To hear what a Theramin is supposed to sound like, and to hear its true potential, check out Clara Rockmore. Ho-ly human waste!!

And it's not a Theramin on the Star Trek Theme, it's a soprano named Loulie Jean Norman.
Pithecanthropus posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

stick fiddling F.

ukimalefu posted:

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

Having performed on stage with a Theramin, I can say that it is a terrible, terrible instrument unless it is in the hands of a master. The best place for a Theramin, IMO, is at the bottom of a river. To hear what a Theramin is supposed to sound like, and to hear its true potential, check out Clara Rockmore. Ho-ly human waste!!

And it's not a Theramin on the Star Trek Theme, it's a soprano named Loulie Jean Norman.

Yep.

My esteem of Jimmy Page went down a number of pegs once I saw him live (with the Firm).

His Theramin segment was even worse than the violin bow noise segment.
user Stupid cockwomble
Pithecanthropus posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

stick fiddling F.

ukimalefu posted:

I did that, too!

Gimmie an F!

Pamelia Kurstin
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 195