What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
I just can't forgive them for screwing up on Dark Side!
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Not much to say, really.

It was kind of an interesting movie...
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
I enjoyed the latest X-Men movie. Also watched The Way, Way Back this weekend, which was cute.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
New Xmen movie. Rife with anachronisms, but a fun ride.

anachronisms? like what?

Here's a few: The technology for getting DNA from a small drop of blood didn't exist in 1973, nor did the level of lab sophistication that is shown exist. "Dark Side of the Moon" didn't come out until March of 1973, whereas the Paris Peace Accords took place in January (Quicksilver is wearing a DSotM T-shirt). RFK Stadium wasn't being used as a baseball venue in 1973 because the Washington Senators had moved to Texas in 1971.

Also mutants with super powers
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
bratboy posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

anachronisms? like what?

Here's a few: The technology for getting DNA from a small drop of blood didn't exist in 1973, nor did the level of lab sophistication that is shown exist. "Dark Side of the Moon" didn't come out until March of 1973, whereas the Paris Peace Accords took place in January (Quicksilver is wearing a DSotM T-shirt). RFK Stadium wasn't being used as a baseball venue in 1973 because the Washington Senators had moved to Texas in 1971.

Well, yeah. :shrug:
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
Pithecanthropus posted:
...anachronisms...

They had Spidey in it?

Now that's just wrong.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
bratboy posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

anachronisms? like what?

Time travel ?
Séamas Honorary Consul General
20 Feet from Stardom
A documentary about back up singers in rock and R&B.

I was familiar with a number of these women's names as I used to scour my LPs for all personnel, but the amount of stuff the top backup singers did is amazing.

There are a couple of them who are flat-out among the best singers ever.
I think the documentary could have gone a little broader in scope, but it did a good job.
TOS
pacific rim

not bad, though visually confusing on a tv screen -- i found each shot so packed with detail that it was a bit overwhelming

i guess it was the only way to handle shooting subjects that were so enormous

also i wish the monster designs were a bit more varied

neat original idea tho, very fun
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
(... didn't think it was entirely original; giant robots fighting giant monsters and all ... )

I was watching a big fight scene, and the monster was getting the best of Jax and The Girl, and I thought, "Where's the sword? Don't they have a sword?"; and right then The Girl says, "There's one more thing ... !" and pushes a button and ... THERE'S THE SWORD!!!!

I didn't just lol, I cackled ...
DukeofNuke posted:
(... didn't think it was entirely original; giant robots fighting giant monsters and all ... )

I was watching a big fight scene, and the monster was getting the best of Jax and The Girl, and I thought, "Where's the sword? Don't they have a sword?"; and right then The Girl says, "There's one more thing ... !" and pushes a button and ... THERE'S THE SWORD!!!!

I didn't just lol, I cackled ...

Jax and the Girl. Sounds like a good name for a Sons of Anarchy spin off :D
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

anachronisms? like what?

Don't forget the giant death-bringing polymer-based shapeshifter robots built using mutant DNA.
Dune.

Well that was an interesting movie...
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Which version? Watch the sci-fi (it wasn't syfy yet!) miniseries.
dv
There is only one version.

But there's a theatrical version of it and a reedited longer version with a big long illustrated narrative at the beginning instead of the shortened version from the imperium princess or whoever at the beginning. It's like the longer more boring cut of Star Trek: the Motionless Picture. (which I like btw)
sturner Ancient Soldier
"The Edge of Tomorrow"

Nicely put together Sci-Fi. Exciting, and cruise starts out as a wuss. The development of his character is very good.
Skipping back on in our Bond sojourn, "A View To A Kill", featuring a 57 year old Roger Moore and a very creepy Christopher Walken. Also with Tanya Roberts as an awesomely sexy geologist who has one of these in her bedroom:
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I watched Ted. It was funnier the first time around.
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
Skipping back on in our Bond sojourn, "A View To A Kill", featuring a 57 year old Roger Moore and a very creepy Christopher Walken. Also with Tanya Roberts as an awesomely sexy geologist who has one of these in her bedroom:

i always thought those were gorgeous machines

now they seem so clunky
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Loved it. Probably the best one yet...although I always think that with each one I see. Although I think I will still like the new uncut extended version of The Wolverine better. Anyway, despite all the pyrotechnics and super power overloads (the sequence with Quicksilver running around the Pentagon kitchen walls to Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" is amazing), there is something deep and tender about this movie. I was weeping buckets at really sort of light weight character moments. The first movie had this effect on me too...maybe it's just the whole theme of the mutants' struggle for acceptance.
Metacell posted:

Loved it. Probably the best one yet...although I always think that with each one I see. Although I think I will still like the new uncut extended version of The Wolverine better. Anyway, despite all the pyrotechnics and super power overloads (the sequence with Quicksilver running around the Pentagon kitchen walls to Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" is amazing), there is something deep and tender about this movie. I was weeping buckets at really sort of light weight character moments. The first movie had this effect on me too...maybe it's just the whole theme of the mutants' struggle for acceptance.

I got a little weepy when Logan sees Jean in the doorway and realizes exactly how much has changed. My big issues is this: In Last Stand, Jean obliterates Professor X. How then does he turn up in the future sequences of this film if he is dead? and if he isn't dead, doesn't that mean LS is already retconned somehow?
Warin posted:
Metacell posted:

I got a little weepy when Logan sees Jean in the doorway and realizes exactly how much has changed. My big issues is this: In Last Stand, Jean obliterates Professor X. How then does he turn up in the future sequences of this film if he is dead? and if he isn't dead, doesn't that mean LS is already retconned somehow?

It's kind of hard to figure it out just from the credits clips in Last Stand and The Wolverine:
http://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/19698/what-happened-to-charles-xavier-after-x-men-3
Pan's Labyrinth.

Very good.
user Stupid cockwomble
God, that was creepy as hell.
I loved that movie. Very sad...or was it very happy? I couldn't quite figure it out.
It depended on what you think happened.
dv
Metacell posted:
I loved that movie. Very sad...or was it very happy? I couldn't quite figure it out.

I had the same reaction to Bridges of Madison County.
Pineapple Express. It never stops being funny! :lol:
justine posted:

I will respectfully disagree, it never started to be funny.
TOS
resident evil: afterlife ... i think that's which one it was

doesn't really matter, they're all pretty damn awful
Pithecanthropus posted:
justine posted:

I will respectfully disagree, it never started to be funny.

And people say i have no sense of humor. :p
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS posted:
resident evil: afterlife ... i think that's which one it was

doesn't really matter, they're all pretty damn awful

Except for Milla.
I'm watching The Goonies. :)
user Stupid cockwomble
That's all right with me.
user posted: