What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 196
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
juice Inadvertently correct
I liked Spaceballs. :shrug:
user Stupid cockwomble
It's one of my favs.

The Long Kiss Goodnight. I saw it on cable right after I saw Cutthroat Island and I thought, "Damn, Geena's turning into an action hero!" Samuel L. Jackson has some GREAT lines in it.

Now, I've Tootsie lined up and am watching Commander In Chief on Hulu.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Rear Window.

The themes of this movie must have been copied in dozens of other later movies.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Annual watching of Night of the Lepus. Mutant killer rabbits rampage across Arizona. Best movie EVAR!!!
I watched the first half of Raging Bull, and I was really bored.
Planet 51. Fun

Owning Mahoney The Late .S. Hoffman and Minnie Driver play convincing Canadians. Hoffman is amazing.
Reservoir Dogs.

I liked it.
dv
matt posted:
Reservoir Dogs.

I liked it.

It was very good. Personally, I think it should be a stage play.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
dv posted:
matt posted:
Reservoir Dogs.

I liked it.

It was very good. Personally, I think it should be a stage play.

I saw it in the theater when it first came out and thought is was intended to be a stage play.

The Graduate.
I think I have seen this about 3-4 times. My first time was at 17 or so and was captivated by Katherine Ross.
Now I see it and am completely captivated by Anne Bancroft. Her portrayal is magnificent from beginning to end. This is a movie with two clear halves and the first half is the stronger, just because the character portrayal is so superb. Hoffman and/or Ross are just boring in comparison.
Hans Christian Andersen starring Danny Kaye (1952). The only thing I miss about cable TV is TCM.
jkahless Custom Title
Séamas posted:
Robin Hood : Men in Tights
This was so bad we didn't bother finishing it. A full half hour into it and only a few groaners. I wonder how this would have worked with a better cast. This was even worse than Spaceballs.

His earlier great movies relied on great Jewish humor.--The later bad movies are just bad jewish jokes.

I loved Men in Tights. Some people enjoy bad jokes, some people don't. :shrug:
dv
jkahless posted:
Séamas posted:
This was so bad we didn't bother finishing it. A full half hour into it and only a few groaners. I wonder how this would have worked with a better cast. This was even worse than Spaceballs.

His earlier great movies relied on great Jewish humor.--The later bad movies are just bad jewish jokes.

Seconded.

Although I hated Anchorman 2, so my contention is that there are multiple levels of bad jokes.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I loved men in tights, spaceballs and anchorman 2 :(
TOS
american hustle

'twas fab
jkahless posted:
Séamas posted:

Bad jokes are fine, and Brook's better works are filled with them.
The difference is, he has a better class of talent telling the bad jokes, and that the bad jokes in Spaceballs and Men in Tights are just totally flat.
Casablanca.

I really really liked this movie.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
matt posted:
Casablanca.

Some of the best lines ever spoken in that movie...
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Frozen.

It is actually a decent film, though I was surprised to learn that the direction of the movie changed mid-way through production. I'm glad, because had the continued in the first concept, it would have been yet another forgettable movie about an "evil sorceress". Instead, it turned out to be a surprisingly good film.

My only complaints are that they make the lead-up a bit too obvious. By the time the pivotal scene where all is revealed, you are pretty much expecting it - so no real twist ending for the observant viewer.
TOS
matt posted:
Casablanca.

i still cry when they sing the marsailles
Forgot to mention Chinatown --saw that last week.

It was my second viewing.
I think it is better the second time around.
jkahless Custom Title
Saw The Enemy Below last night. Not too shabby. Certainly no Das Boot, but a solid flick with some good tension, and minimal nationalistic blatherskite.
jkahless posted:
Saw The Enemy Below last night. Not too shabby. Certainly no Das Boot, but a solid flick with some good tension, and minimal nationalistic blatherskite.

I've always liked that movie, and, of course we all know that the Star Trek TOS episode "Balance of Terror" was based on that movie. Image
user Stupid cockwomble
1957? What an old flick....

Maybe I'll cue up Das Boot again.
TOS
the most recent thor movie

maybe it's just that i was kind of distracted while watching it, but it didn't seem to make a lot of sense to me

i will say that i'm getting really damn tired of all these marvel guys ostentatiously ending each movie with setups for like five more movies
dv
TOS
dv
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Silver Linings Playbook. It was ok.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Amazing Spiderman 2
too much boyfriend-girlfriend angst, not enough superhero ass-kicking
TOS
the lego movie

lots of fun, but i think it's way more for 'rents than kiddies
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Paprika

Very good. If you like your anime on acid.
user Stupid cockwomble
Isn't that the best way to watch it?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Star Wars

Just because today is May the 4th
Chinatown.

Good movie.
For Your Eyes Only. One of the better Bond outings. Roger Moore was 57. Jesus, I wouldn't want to pretend to climb a mountain and I'm only 50. Good for him.
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
For Your Eyes Only. One of the better Bond outings. Roger Moore was 57. Jesus, I wouldn't want to pretend to climb a mountain and I'm only 50. Good for him.

yech, really? i think of that as one of the worst

though i guess it's more accessible than the standard villain-trying-to-destroy-the-world scenarios
TOS
the tower heist -- fun, very watchable

jacob's ladder -- watched it in the middle of the night last night when i couldn't sleep and it freaked the hell out of me; neat flick, tho
jkahless Custom Title
Captain Phillips. Good flick, but hard to shake my distrust of it's veracity. From what I've heard the guy is an arrogant douchnozzle.
TOS
angel heart

forgot how freaking hot lisa bonet was
The Graduate.

That was an interesting movie.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 196