What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 196
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Pariah
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Rooney Mara was in the U.S. version.

Noomi Rapace was in the original version.
Noomi Rapace was in Prometheus, which is what I think Bratboy is referring to.
I know that, but both of their posts seemed to indicate that they thought the same actress had been in both versions of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Nope, I knew what I was talking about
user Stupid cockwomble
I was referring to the way the character was represented, not the specific actress.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I was pleasantly surprised to see Hiding Out was on tv last night. It's still one of my favorite comedies. :)
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Beyond the Lighted Stage

Yeah haters, the Rush documentary!

It's actually entertaining as hell. I think even people who hate their music could actually find less to hate about them. I was nuts about them in Jr High and High school, they are kind of low key and private, so it was fun to get a clearer picture of who they are, what they think, etc.
TOS
soylent green

always loved that flick for some reason
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

:up:
Séamas posted:
Beyond the Lighted Stage

Yeah haters, the Rush documentary!

It's actually entertaining as hell. I think even people who hate their music could actually find less to hate about them. I was nuts about them in Jr High and High school, they are kind of low key and private, so it was fun to get a clearer picture of who they are, what they think, etc.

An excellent doc. By the time you get to the end, you almost feel like you went to jr high with them.

If you want to read a great book, pick up Ghost Rider, by Neil Peart.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I watched half of the newer wolverine movie before the Canucks started playing, then I got drunk and watched the Canucks lose again
user Stupid cockwomble
Warin posted:
Noomi Rapace was in Prometheus, which is what I think Bratboy is referring to.

Just caught her in Sherlock Holmes II.
user Stupid cockwomble
Burning my way through Enterprise.

Episode 20, Trip: "What's next, a holographic doctor?"
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Noah.

You have to give it room for it's artistic interpretation of the story. Not bad, a couple parts dragged on but over all enjoyable. Huge A+ for supporting my thought on Genesis supporting evolution. It can wait for rental. Not a must see on big screen.
jkahless Custom Title
La Jetée

It's a french short sci fi film, and the inspiration for 12 Monkeys. Very cool little film! It's almost a graphic novel in film, and it has a very literary style.

http://vimeo.com/46620661
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Saw Noah. Could've been better. B+
12 Monkeys.

Interesting movie, if dated.
user Stupid cockwomble
The Station Agent

After watching Game of Thrones, I wanted to see Peter Dinklage again in this movie.

Such an odd flick. Nothing much really happens in it. Explores some of Peter's dwarf angst.
He inherits a train station and, despite himself, makes some friends.
dv
I enjoyed Station Agent.

They were interesting characters, doing interesting character stuff.
user Stupid cockwomble
Peter's so young!
dv
Winter Soldier.

It was good. Dunno why they released it so early in the season, it has summer blockbuster written all over it.
dv
Apparently RoboCop sucked - it's already out of theaters. Otherwise I'd be buying a ticket now.
Stoker. Not perfect, but entertaining. Interesting style.
dv posted:
Winter Soldier.

It was good. Dunno why they released it so early in the season, it has summer blockbuster written all over it.

Because summer blockbusters rarely get nominated for an academy award?
dv
justine posted:
dv posted:
Winter Soldier.

Because summer blockbusters rarely get nominated for an academy award?

It was good, but I don't see Winter Soldier winning a lot of academy awards. (Best VFX maybe.)
Probably just spacing them out, being as that there's new spider-man and x-men movies this summer...
Pitch Perfect. There are some comedies i can watch over and over, and this is one of them.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
The last movie that I saw is an appropriate response to two of the current discussions in this forum.

It didn't feel dated. It's understandable why so many people think so highly of it.
Blazing Saddles.

I loved Young Frankenstein, and really liked Spaceballs. Blazing Saddles was okay, but I've seen better Mel Brooks movies.
user Stupid cockwomble
matt posted:
Blazing Saddles.

I loved Young Frankenstein, and really liked Spaceballs. Blazing Saddles was okay, but I've seen better Mel Brooks movies.

It was made post-civil rights. More a movie of it's time. The ending was a train wreck.

I have a fondness for it because it was one of the rare movies that my family attended (dad considered them expensive).
The Princess Bride.

It was very good.
I never get tired of the princess bride.
I've never seen these movies that I've been watching over the last several months. I just know that people commonly reference them, and I wanted to get all of the references. I still have a lot more to watch.
dv
Did you see Office Space yet?
Oh yeah. I saw that many many many years ago.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I had an interesting experience with Office Space.

When I was just wrapping up my sophomore year of college, I was offered an opportunity to do a co-op at the nuclear power plant (Arkansas Nuclear One). Naturally, I jumped on that, and it was a great experience. I worked in their design engineering office for two 6-month stints, and was even allowed to work outage jobs in the plant. Moreover, I had a real working experience in an office, with all that entails - specifically, cubical life.

Fast forward, and my buddies and I rent Office Space. Everyone else in the room is just staring at each other saying "What's so funny about that?", while I was curled on the floor rolling. They thought I was nuts. (okay, a small amount of alcohol may have been involved...)

tl;dr - Office Space is meaningless if you haven't worked in an office, especially one with cubicles. If you have, then it's the funniest movie you are likely to ever see.
Man Of The Year with Robin Williams. Confused film making. The few times Williams gets to riff he's his usual self. Otherwise plodding with an awkward conspiracy angle that fails.

Kill Bill Vol.I I dislike Tarantino's stuff and film violence in general but since this is so over the top I give it a grudging pass. I'll watch Vol. II later but there better be a pay off.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Ribtor posted:
Man Of The Year with Robin Williams. Confused film making. The few times Williams gets to riff he's his usual self. Otherwise plodding with an awkward conspiracy angle that fails.

Kill Bill Vol.I I dislike Tarantino's stuff and film violence in general but since this is so over the top I give it a grudging pass. I'll watch Vol. II later but there better be a pay off.

Volume One was better than Volume Two.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 196