ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Hansel and Gretel, Witch Hunters

:up:
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
is that out on video yet?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

I don't recall whether or not I have ever seen this from start to finish, but if I did, it was a long time ago.

I can see why people went bananas for the pairing of Newman and Redford. They work off each other well, but also do great individual performances. Newman is really outstanding.
Totally fun movie.
Pacific Rim

It's a popcorn flick, and I like giant monsters and robots.
Scavengers

Low budget Sci-Fi movie, still much better than any SyFy original.

The worst: it doesn't have a real ending. It's like they pretended to have an open ending hoping to make a sequel, but I think it was more like ooops, we ran out of time/budget.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Fast Times At Ridgemont High was on last night. That movie never stops being funny. :D
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Glad to see we weren't the only ones on an 80s kick. Watched "The Breakfast Club" the other night. We both had forgotten how good that movie is. Of course, my dearest love was quoting parts of it as they went by, I was ... so proud.
Pithecanthropus posted:
Glad to see we weren't the only ones on an 80s kick. Watched "The Breakfast Club" the other night. We both had forgotten how good that movie is. Of course, my dearest love was quoting parts of it as they went by, I was ... so proud.

Some of the best movies came from the 80's. :)
user Stupid cockwomble
How were the potato chip sandwiches?
DukeofNuke posted:
Has no one seen Jobs?

I saw it last week. And I actually liked it. I kinda wished they had gone a bit more into his work at NeXT and Pixar, but I guess you can only cover so much in 2 hours.

Also, one thing - after seeing this movie, from now on I am going to refer to IBM as IB-Fucking-M. It just has a much better ring to it.
user posted:

Captain Crunch sandwiches? Frito sandwiches? It wasn't potato chips, but i'm not exactly sure what it was.
user Stupid cockwomble
Been even longer since I last saw TBC.
justine posted:
user posted:

Captain Crunch sandwiches? Frito sandwiches? It wasn't potato chips, but i'm not exactly sure what it was.

It was some kind of cereal, with added sugar.
user Stupid cockwomble
SOMEBODY made potato chip sandwiches.
jkahless Custom Title
user posted:
SOMEBODY made potato chip sandwiches.

Hitler did. Banana and crisps.
Pithecanthropus posted:

My HS years were book-ended by "Fast Times" and "Better Off Dead"
user Stupid cockwomble
Blazing Saddles and Star Wars for me.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Total Recall, V.2

sad
user Stupid cockwomble
There were THREE tits!
DukeofNuke posted:
Total Recall, V.2

sad

How can Kate Beckinsale AND Jessica Biel make you sad? Oh, and 3 boob girl, how!?

Yeah, when people talk about Total Recall, I will always think about the original (Sharon Stone!), but the remake... I didn't hate it, and I was expecting to hate it.
TOS
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
TOS posted:
apollo 18

meh

I liked the look of it, they really got that 1970s NASA thing going on. Other than that, you're right.
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
apollo 18

meh

I liked the look of it, they really got that 1970s NASA thing going on. Other than that, you're right.

i thought the same thing, plus i liked the twist involving the russian lander but the rest of it just flopped, partly due to cavernous plot holes (for instance if it's found footage, how did the footage get to earth?)
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Re-watched "Beetlejuice." Hadn't seen it in many many years. Hey, remember when a Tim Burton movie was something you enjoyed?
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm thinking viridian.
TOS
wolverine

not bad, but i would have preferred it if the female leads had been actual actors with an ounce of talent instead of boy-thin supermodels
Star Trek Into Darkness

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 1988.
I'm startled that this thing is 25 years old. I remember the big fuss about it, and the work that went into it. It still looks good, and it had my kids totally entertained.

Dracula 1931
I know I must have seen this as a kid during one of the afternoon "monster week" broadcasts.
It has some excellent moody scenes, but it is realy slow, and there is almost zero buildup to the climax, and the whole movie is entirely bloodless. I was surprised at that--no shots of bite marks, and if there was fangs on anyone, I must have blinked.
dv
At some point in the last two weeks, I saw G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

It was pretty cartoon-ey.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
Dracula 1931 ...

It

was

about

SEX!
dv
DukeofNuke posted:
Quote:
Dracula 1931 ...

It

was

about

SEX!

It's... well, it's usually almost all about sex.
user Stupid cockwomble
Séamas posted:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit 1988.
I'm startled that this thing is 25 years old. I remember the big fuss about it, and the work that went into it. It still looks good, and it had my kids totally entertained.

I recall that a movie reviewer at the time said that Jessica Rabbit's torch singing scene was the first time he'd been aroused by a cartoon character.

Yeah, it was well before hentai was over here.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I fell asleep during Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
user Stupid cockwomble
Mah biscuits were burning.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
2 Guns

Liked it and it was fun but Aliens has ruined Bill Paxton for me. Every time I see him I expect a ‘game over man’.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 195