What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
jkahless Custom Title
Men in tights. :shifty:

Maybe I'm just a fan of over the top acting, but I quite enjoy it.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
We are men, men in tights! :lol:
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Men in Tights is particularly hilarious if you watch it after the Kevin Costner Robin Hood movie, which it is basically spoofing mercilessly. And it's (mostly) kid friendly. The Godfather sequence at the end with Dom Deluise is brilliant.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
one of my favourite comedies
dv
Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an english accent!
jkahless Custom Title
I have a mole?!!
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Barbarella

It's adorable!
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
DukeofNuke posted:
Barbarella

It's adorable!

Adorable is not the word I'd use.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Donnie Darko.

It was recommended to me. Until it started I had it confused with "Donnie Brasco"(which is not remotely the same type of movie).

Very strange movie. It was worth watching, but it's a very strange movie.
dv
Saw The Lorax last night.

I actually thought it was entertaining. Not something the book purists would like, but a fun kid movie.
user Stupid cockwomble
Westworld.

I've been wanting to see it again and found a $5 copy at the local B&N. I remembered all the talk about how expensive the computer effects were for the time. I'd seen the movie before in the eighties but when the effect came up I nearly burst out laughing.
Crouching Tiger, Wolverine (ok, just The Wolverine)

Awesome, best of the lot. All 3d movies should be filmed in Japan so that every shot will be beautiful like this film. Plus Silver Samurai...what more can you ask for?
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Metacell posted:
Crouching Tiger, Wolverine (ok, just The Wolverine)

Awesome, best of the lot. All 3d movies should be filmed in Japan so that every shot will be beautiful like this film. Plus Silver Samurai...what more can you ask for?

Worth seeing in 3D rather than not?
If you like 3D, I thought all of the scenes were composed for 3D very well.
I like it when it's well done. Thanks for the tip.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Safety Not Guaranteed. It's a hipster rom-com, but it was okay.

The Odd Couple. Classic comedy with great acting!!
Séamas Honorary Consul General
DukeofNuke posted:
Barbarella

It's adorable!

I watched about 25 minutes of it a month or so ago. Then I just fast-forwarded through it looking for good scenes.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Séamas posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
Barbarella

It's adorable!

I watched about 25 minutes of it a month or so ago. Then I just fast-forwarded through it looking for good scenes.

If you were looking for teh sexy stuff, there's really not any (by OUR standards, anyway), after the opening weightless spacesuit striptease.
But it's soooo camp, and the music sounds like Burt Bacharach writing for Herb Albert ...

Maybe it works better if you actually have memories (fragmented as they may be ... ) of the late 60's. Adds context.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Also, Jane was such a babe!
DukeofNuke posted:
Séamas posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
Barbarella

It's adorable!

If you were looking for teh sexy stuff, there's really not any (by OUR standards, anyway), after the opening weightless spacesuit striptease.
But it's soooo camp, and the music sounds like Burt Bacharach writing for Herb Albert ...

Maybe it works better if you actually have memories (fragmented as they may be ... ) of the late 60's. Adds context.

That type of movie is usually right up my alley, for whatever reason, the pace and plot just weren't doing it for me. The sets and costumes, etc were great.

And Yes, Jane was an outrageous babe.
I like most of Dino D's glam shlock classics, but Barbarella is nigh unwatchable headache producing garbage. Not dated well at all. Like everyone says, "These people were all high," when they see stuff from the 60's and 70's. Well, these people were all high on bennies and quaaludes.
But it gave Duran Duran its name :D
dv posted:
Saw The Lorax last night.

I actually thought it was entertaining. Not something the book purists would like, but a fun kid movie.

Yeah, my kids really liked it.
I thought it was ok, certainly better than the Cat in the hat and Grinch live action movies.

I suppose they really have to take a lot of liberties when stretching it out to a feature length.
The book I think just nails the story in a more clean manner, but I don't think the movie did a bad adaptation.
user Stupid cockwomble
Warin posted:
But it gave Duran Duran its name :D

Makes the movie a bit freaky to watch nowadays.
Ok, has anyone noticed all the hype around Sharknado? It's been on tv repeatedly, and they're actually putting it in the theater, too. So, what's the big deal about a cheesy B shark movie?
dv
Yeah. It's just the internet's new favorite stupid thing to overhype.
I don't think anyone claims to like it sincerely.
Nothing could ever be as good as Sharktopus.
Only Mega Python vs. Gatoroid has Tiffany and Debbie Gibson.
Gangster Squad

:up:
To Have And Have Not.
Metacell posted:
Nothing could ever be as good as Sharktopus.

How about Skunknado or Skunkupine?
justine posted:
Ok, has anyone noticed all the hype around Sharknado? It's been on tv repeatedly, and they're actually putting it in the theater, too. So, what's the big deal about a cheesy B shark movie?

B? Seems more J or Q to me.
I saw Despicable Me 2 tonight. It's the best 3D flick i've seen. :)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
justine posted:
I saw Despicable Me 2 tonight. It's the best 3D flick i've seen. :)

:D
The Minions were soooo funny! When they started singing YMCA, I was LMFAO with tears! but by that point in the movie, It was almost a Pavlovian response to start laughing whenever they were on screen.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I didn't think Despicable Me #1 was that funny or interesting, so I'll be skipping the sequel.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Pithecanthropus posted:
I didn't think Despicable Me #1 was that funny or interesting, so I'll be skipping the sequel.

Your loss. :shrug:
Pithecanthropus posted:

I got through maybe the first 10 minutes before I had to abandon ship.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DM2 is #3 in the box office ... at FIVE WEEKS! And is, as of today, the highest grossing movie of the summer at $306.8M.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/movie/box-office/

You don't rack up numbers like that with a dog of a movie.

Jus' sayin' ...
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 195