What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 195
Online now: Metacell, ukimalefu
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

I'd forgotten how visually amazing that flick is. Though guys tend to be wasted when they hear the abs were makeup and CGI.

Uh... that movie is almost all CGI. They didn't make the people CGI because... uhm... uncanny valley.

I like 300
Séamas Honorary Consul General
DukeofNuke wrote:
I always wanted to name a dog Shithead.

That, or Damnit.

The TV censored version was "Stupid" if I recall correctly.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Séamas wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:

That, or Damnit.

Well ... that's dumb.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
DukeofNuke wrote:
Séamas wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:

That, or Damnit.

Well ... that's dumb.

"I wouldn't care if you were the color of a baboon's face".
ukimalefu wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

I'd forgotten how visually amazing that flick is. Though guys tend to be wasted when they hear the abs were makeup and CGI.

Uh... that movie is almost all CGI. They didn't make the people CGI because... uhm... uncanny valley.

I like 300

I don't think it's that the movie used that much CGI, it's their massive use of image adjustment, especially colour.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

I like 300

I don't think it's that the movie used that much CGI, it's their massive use of image adjustment, especially colour.

Well, maybe CGI is the wrong term. My bad. But it IS mostly green screen effects. I've seen some 'making of' videos. It's ridiculous how no more than 12 guys looked in costume and nothing but a green background costume.

My point is that most of it was fake, and I have no problem with that.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Cowboys and Aliens
It was ok, but I guess that, because it was Spielberg and Howard, Ford and Craig, I expected it to be ... more, I guess.
DukeofNuke wrote:
Cowboys and Aliens
It was ok, but I guess that, because it was Spielberg and Howard, Ford and Craig, I expected it to be ... more, I guess.

It was great.
DukeofNuke wrote:
Cowboys and Aliens

Me and my friend came to the conclusion that this was a very generic Cowboy movie and a very generic Alien movie. And what we really wanted was A Fistful of Dollars meets War of the Worlds.
Cosmopolis. Seems to imply an impossibly naive utopia in which Google is not evil. Oddly refreshing. Needs more unicorns.
Metacell wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
Cowboys and Aliens

Me and my friend came to the conclusion that this was a very generic Cowboy movie and a very generic Alien movie. And what we really wanted was A Fistful of Dollars meets War of the Worlds.

Agreed.
I saw this for the first time recently. It felt more like a made for TV movie.
Burn After Reading

Not one of the Coen Brother's best efforts IMHO.
It seemed like they phoned it in and borrowed bits and pieces of dialog from other movies. Too many idiots.

The acting was very good, thought just about everyone was over-the -top.

Seems like the Coens had no interest in writing an ending. It seemed pointed at an interesting place then just fizzled at the end.

I'll have to watch it again--I saw Big Lebowski in the theater when if first came out and was similarly unimpressed (was really looking forward to it too)--but ended up loving it after seeing it a second, third and fourth time.
user Stupid cockwomble
Total Recall, $7.88 Blu-Ray from Wal-Mart.

:: gets ass to Mars, back home in time for Cornflakes ::
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Inception. $5.40 at Walmart.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I watched MIB 3, which i liked but i'm a fan of the movies. :D

I also watched Moonrise Kingdom, which i liked a lot.
Death On The Nile. Ustinov hams his way through his first Poirot.
It's a lot better than the new Suchet version, but that's not saying much.

I like Evil Under the Sun as the best Ustinov Poirot film. Good cast, Cole Porter score, and Mediterranean island setting all work great together.
That's the one with Diana Rigg? The second film of Ustinov's Poirot. I watch that one tonight.
Yep, and Maggie Smith in a better role.
Loved Evil Under the Sun. Music, costumes, cast, setting ... amazing!
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The Thing (2011),

I think I liked the 1982, Kurt Russell version better.

I haven't seen the 1951 Howard Hawks version in a long (long) time, but they don't use a shape-shifting Thing in the oldest movie; I've never read the book so I don't know how the Thing is presented there.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ok, a little Wikipedia answered that question :

Quote:
In Campbell's original novella, the "Thing" is a life form capable of assuming the physical and mental characteristics of any living thing it encounters; this characteristic was later realized in John Carpenter's 1982 remake of the film (see below).

DukeofNuke wrote:
Ok, a little Wikipedia answered that question :

Quote:
In Campbell's original novella, the "Thing" is a life form capable of assuming the physical and mental characteristics of any living thing it encounters; this characteristic was later realized in John Carpenter's 1982 remake of the film (see below).

It was like the communists, the monster could be anyone, a co-worker, a neighbour, even a family member!
Oh, and tonight the lady and I watched "Como agua para chocolate." A lovely flick.
Men In Black 3

:up:
ukimalefu wrote:
Men In Black 3

I liked the end a lot. :)
It wasn't so much a movie, but i watched a documentary about Ethel Kennedy. There was a heavy slant since it was made by her youngest daughter, but it was good. There was a little bit about the assassinations of JFK, RFK and MLK, but for the most part it was about her. How she became a Kennedy, etc. Even after all these years, she has trouble talking about the death of RFK. It was clear in this documentary that they loved each other a lot.
Necromentia

I can take or leave most romantic comedies but this one has some interesting twists.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Capitalism, A Love Story.

Yeah, roping off the stock market with "Crime Scene" tape was a stunt, but the footage of FDR was real.

Everybody should see Moore's work, even if they don't agree with him.
The American Astronaut

If you like westerns and sci-fi and musicals with dance numbers there is this too. If it is not the most peculiar thing I've seen it is surely in the top 100%.

Quote:
“Hey, is it just me or do my balls itch?”

“I think it’s you”

“Good, for a minute I thought my balls itched”

Zookeeper: Just about everything in this plot is pretty predictable--some scenes were done well. Kevin James has a pretty good likablility. The kids liked it well enough.

Megamind:
This was the second time I saw this. It doesn't have the Pixar quality of animation, but the story/plot is well done and has some really funny moments. I think the character design of the female lead was awful.
Transcendent Man

Quote:
TRANSCENDENT MAN chronicles the life and ideas of Ray Kurzweil, an inventor and futurist that presents his bold vision of the Singularity, a point in the near future when technology will be changing so rapidly, that we will have to enhance ourselves with artificial intelligence to keep up. Ray predicts this will be the dawning of a new civilization in which we will no longer be dependent on our physical bodies, we will be trillions of times more intelligent and there will be no clear distinction between human and machine, real reality and virtual reality. Human aging and illness will be reversed; world hunger and poverty will be solved and we will ultimately cure death. Critics accuse Ray of being too optimistic and argue that the dangers of the Singularity far outweigh the benefits, pointing out the apocalyptic implications that once machines achieve consciousness, we may not be able to control them...

I love Megamind!

The last movie i watched was Casper, with the grandkids.
rjprice wrote:
The American Astronaut

If you like westerns and sci-fi and musicals with dance numbers there is this too. If it is not the most peculiar thing I've seen it is surely in the top 100%.

Quote:
“Hey, is it just me or do my balls itch?”

“I think it’s you”

“Good, for a minute I thought my balls itched”

You should watch The Ketchup and Mustard Man, also by Cory Macabee and the Billy Nayer show (one of the most awesome live bands ever).

Anyway, last movie I saw was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Compared to every other Planet of the Apes movie, it was entertaining.
ghosts of mars

Jesus Christ was that a bad movie.
Frankenweenie

Some stuff was freaky, but it's Tim Burton.

I miss my dog.
dv
Wreck-It-Ralph.

Heeee-freakin'-larious.
sturner Ancient Soldier
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 195