What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], Mr. T, ukimalefu
I know, just makes the whole "thumbs up" thing redundant because of course you'll like it.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
It's the uki seal of approval :up:
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu wrote:

The Borrowers ?
The Littles ?
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I finally watched Jack & Jill. I liked it. I especially loved all the twin spots at the beginning and the end!
DukeofNuke wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

The Borrowers ?
The Littles ?

Uhm, according to the comments on IMDB, it takes a bit from both, but mostly from the first one.
The Adjustment Bureau

:up:
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
justine wrote:
I finally watched Jack & Jill. I liked it. I especially loved all the twin spots at the beginning and the end!

Really? Did you know that movie swept the Razzies? It "won" every category from Worst Actor and Worst Actress (both going to Sandler) to Worst Movie, Worst Director... everything.

But to each their own and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Full disclosure: you would have to drug me and pry my eyes open to get me to watch an Adam Sandler movie.
Pithecanthropus wrote:
justine wrote:

Really? Did you know that movie swept the Razzies? It "won" every category from Worst Actor and Worst Actress (both going to Sandler) to Worst Movie, Worst Director... everything.

But to each their own and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Full disclosure: you would have to drug me and pry my eyes open to get me to watch an Adam Sandler movie.

I'm really not a fan of adam sandlers, either, but there was something stupidly funny about this flick. And like i said, i loved the twin spots at the beginning and the end. They weren't part of the movie, but they were the highlight of it.

Oh, and i wouldn't have paid to see this movie but i recorded a while back when it was on HBO or something. I just got around to watching it.
ukimalefu wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:

The Borrowers ?
The Littles ?

Uhm, according to the comments on IMDB, it takes a bit from both, but mostly from the first one.

It's an Studio Ghibli anime adaption of the first Borrowers book (Arrietty Clock is a main character in all 5 books).

The Littles is a Scholastic Publishing knock off of the Borrowers that eventually got made into a cartoon.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pithecanthropus wrote:

Same here.
I remember thinking back when he was on SNL "what the hell is that guy doing on this show?"

As bad as SNL can get in certain years few seasons rival the suckiness that were the Adam Sandler years.

I was sincerely shocked when someone told me they thought his "Operaman" was funny.

Maybe I just don't undertstand "mealy-mouth, baby-talk, imbecile" humor.
Oh good, at least I can say "I dislike Adam Sander and everything he does" here and not feel like I just took a whizz on the floor of a church.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
"Grownups" wasn't bad, but it has an outstanding ensemble cast, (including Salma Hayek)
user Stupid cockwomble
Just tried watching a copy of The Goonies that I picked up for $5. Such a young Corey Feldman.

I had to stop for a bit when they all started talking about "One-eyed Willie".
The man In The Grey Flannel Suit, 1956.

Clearly an major inspiration for Mad Men.

For the Star Trek nerds, DeForest Kelley has a small role as a medic and he says, "This man's dead, captain!"
user wrote:
Just tried watching a copy of The Goonies that I picked up for $5. Such a young Corey Feldman.

The Goonies is GREAT!
ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote:

The Goonies is GREAT!

The Goonies is a classic!
user Stupid cockwomble
But, One-eyed Willie?

What a dick.
Trainspotting

Man, that human waste's crazy. Heroin's a hell of a drug.
justine wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote:

The Goonies is GREAT!

The Goonies is a classic!

I wouldn't go that far.

I'd say they are good enough.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
The Goonies was the first Spielberg movie I felt I had outgrown. I was 15 when it came out.
The Eiger Sanction. Clint Eastwood, probably in the best shape of his career, climbs a bunch of mountain and lays a bunch of chicks. There was some "plot" in there about assassinations or something, but mostly is was a mountain climbing movie. I was hoping for better.
Pithecanthropus wrote:
The Eiger Sanction. Clint Eastwood, probably in the best shape of his career, climbs a bunch of mountain and lays a bunch of chicks. There was some "plot" in there about assassinations or something, but mostly is was a mountain climbing movie. I was hoping for better.

It's got the type of title that the writers of Seinfeld would make up when the plot had the characters deciding which movie to see.
Prognosis Negative.
Deathblow.

And that great make-out flick, Shindler's List.
Don't forget Rochelle, Rochelle.
user Stupid cockwomble
Metacell wrote:
The Goonies was the first Spielberg movie I felt I had outgrown. I was 15 when it came out.

Spel only produced it, someone else directed.....the movie looks like they tried to imitate some aspects of a Spel movie (such as cute kids with wacky inventions), trying for the same success but ending up with a kludged together mess instead.
user wrote:
Metacell wrote:

Spel only produced it, someone else directed.....the movie looks like they tried to imitate some aspects of a Spel movie (such as cute kids with wacky inventions), trying for the same success but ending up with a kludged together mess instead.

There was only one kid with wacky inventions. It's an adventure movie. :p
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
Over the last month my friend and I introduced the Bourne series to our 12yo boys (we do a boys movie night pretty regularly).
Needless to say they're hooked. Going to see #4 soon.
Chronicles of Riddick.

Truly wonderful visuals.
Pitch Black 4eva
Freakout Jackson wrote:
Over the last month my friend and I introduced the Bourne series to our 12yo boys (we do a boys movie night pretty regularly).
Needless to say they're hooked. Going to see #4 soon.

My understanding is that the Bourne Legacy (AKA #4) suffers considerably in comparison to the first three. Jeremy Renner is fine as Aaron Cross, the new protagonist, but the plot has some major holes where Cross merely punches his way out of a situation rather than figures out a solution, and the action is somewhat relentless (and loud).

Perhaps you and your friend and your boys can re-watch the first three specifically for overlooked details?
The cabin in the woods

:up:
Car Wash (1976)

Saw this way back when it aired on Network TV in the late '70s I guess. It's got a big ensemble cast, and it does show an angle of the lives of an inner city mostly African American society. The soundtrack is great and there are a couple laughs, it is mostly an episodic assemblage of skits, and most of the subplot stories aren't told very well. Some aren't resolved at all.
Most of the comedy is fairly flat. It's still sort of entertaining.
I think the line at the end "it's a clown show" sums it up pretty well.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The Hunger Games

It was ok. I don't feel like I want my 142 minutes back.
Séamas wrote:
Car Wash (1976)

Saw this way back when it aired on Network TV in the late '70s I guess. It's got a big ensemble cast, and it does show an angle of the lives of an inner city mostly African American society. The soundtrack is great and there are a couple laughs, it is mostly an episodic assemblage of skits, and most of the subplot stories aren't told very well. Some aren't resolved at all.
Most of the comedy is fairly flat. It's still sort of entertaining.
I think the line at the end "it's a clown show" sums it up pretty well.

I loved this back in the day. I even owned it on Laser Disc. :)
Avengers.

Pretty good, but I couldn't help but think about all those people who got their apartments, offices, businesses and buildings destroyed in the process of "saving the world." I mean, think of it, you get up, get the coffee maker going, go take a shower and on the way to put on your clothes for the day you are cut in half by Black Widow's mini gun as she shoots at aliens. wasteful way to start your day, IMO.
The Jerk (1979)
I don't think I have seen this in about 20 years.
One thing I noticed is that Martin's comic acting has gotten better over the years. Of course the Jerk character is very broad and slapstick. He got better as he made his acting more restrained.
I definitely picked up a lot more of the humor and jokes than I did as a kid.
Bernadette Peters' boobs are just as wonderful as I remembered.

I LOL'ed at the "Cup O' Pizza" bit. It was one of those things where it really nailed the sensibilities of the times. If ever there could have been such a product on the market it would have been in the late 1970s.

Also cool: The blues men playing on the family's porch are Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I always wanted to name a dog Shithead.

That, or Damnit.
juice Inadvertently correct
I had a dog named Damn Dog when I was young. We called him DD

I'd forgotten how visually amazing that flick is. Though guys tend to be wasted when they hear the abs were makeup and CGI.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 195