What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 198
Online now: DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], maurvir, ukimalefu
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
I just saw Jurassic Park for the first time. Based on a true story.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Macskeeball wrote:

The second one's better. Just ignore 3.
Pithecanthropus wrote:
The movie clearly states in the opening that we never went back to the moon after the "secret" mission, Apollo 18. Therefore, we couldn't have gotten the "actual footage" the movie says you're watching which was supposed to have been shot on that mission, Apollo 18. Thus, the biggest plot hole ever.

Maybe the movie was intended for an alien civilization to watch.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Metacell wrote:
Macskeeball wrote:

The second one? Where the young girl does the uneven bar routine in like a barn (?) or something and kicks a velociraptor in the head?

Yeah that one was awesome. Not.

:squint:
My partner and I watched Black Swan this weekend. I'd already seen it once, but enjoyed it more the second time.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
The Help

I liked it a lot.

The story was outstanding and very emotionally charged. The racial tension was so palpable that at moments it was uncomfortable to watch.

I highly recommend the movie.
bratboy wrote:
Metacell wrote:
Macskeeball wrote:

The second one? Where the young girl does the uneven bar routine in like a barn (?) or something and kicks a velociraptor in the head?

Yeah that one was awesome. Not.

:squint:

Ok, dammit, I had excised that scene from my memory.
Hahaha it's the only thing I remember about that movie. I think I saw the first Jurassic Park in the theater about 10 times and wore my dorky jurassic park shirt on opening night and sat in the front row.
Money ball. Not bad at all, even if you're not a huge baseball fan. And I guess I have to take back what I said about soderbegs movies, since I wasn't bored by it.

Actually it looks like soderbergh wasn't involved after all. He stared the project but left before the movie was filmed. So, again,my opinion os soderbergh stands.

Last edited by jr565 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 am.

mmaverick my steady systematic decline
ukimalefu wrote:
Fido

Quote:
Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when FIDO eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family. A boy-and-his-dog movie for grown ups, "FIDO" will rip your heart out.

My friend's sister was the zombie girlfriend!
"Cowboys and Angels."

Utterly predictable but entertaining.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
"Cowboys and Angels."

Utterly predictable but entertaining.

Which one...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215679/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377701/
Oops. I meant Cowboys and Aliens. My bad.
i was confused
Force 10 From Navarone.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
bratboy wrote:
Hahaha it's the only thing I remember about that movie. I think I saw the first Jurassic Park in the theater about 10 times and wore my dorky jurassic park shirt on opening night and sat in the front row.

That's horrible.
Séamas wrote:
bratboy wrote:

That's horrible.

I was thirteen!

OK, you're right.
bratboy wrote:
Séamas wrote:
bratboy wrote:

That's horrible.

I was thirteen!

OK, you're right.

To be honest, my first reaction was picturing a ~20 year old.

But thirteen isn't too good either.
Just watched Killer Elite -- not bad, not bad at all. Although I'm sure they took some very creative license on the action scenes. They say it was based on a true story. Anyone read the book the movie was based on?

-mark
Thor

Not to be taken seriously in any way but if you like re-imagined mythology stuff it is kinda fun.

ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Star Trek II - Wrath of Khan
A Walk In The Sun.

The best WW2 movie I've seen.
rjprice wrote:
Thor

Not to be taken seriously in any way but if you like re-imagined mythology stuff it is kinda fun.

It is based on a comic book, you know.
Saw 'Young Adult' tonight. Thought it was pretty funny. Charlize Theron makes the film.
Ribtor wrote:
A Walk In The Sun.

The best WW2 movie I've seen.

I've not seen it, but you might want to check out They Were Not Divided. British war movie that features actual captured German tanks. Written by and starring veterans from armoured divisions.
I saw that film as a youngster and it scared the hell out of me for some reason.

That film's actually why I never became a zipperhead. I still hate APCs.
Certainly, dying in a tank would be pretty goddamned agonizing.
jkahless Custom Title
I saw the new Sherlock Holmes sequal. It was entertaining, but attempted to be far more complicated than the first, too complicated to be properly holmesian. I just about shouted with joy though, when I realized Stephen Fry was Mycroft.
sturner Ancient Soldier
Ribtor wrote:
I saw that film as a youngster and it scared the hell out of me for some reason.

That film's actually why I never became a zipperhead. I still hate APCs.

Yeah, moving foxholes attract attention.
Cowboys and Aliens. Harrison Ford has been unwatchable for quite some time.

Law Abiding Citizen. Unpleasant.

But I like how actors from the U.K. take on American roles. And vice versa. By now I think it's some kind of right of passage. When the movie's lame I like to catch errors in the accents to pass the time.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ribtor wrote:
... I like to catch errors in the accents to pass the time.

God, you'd love Cold Mountain.
An Aussie and a Brit, trying to tawk like Civil War era North Carolinian's. Hilarious.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
The French Connection, which I had never seen before. What a GREAT movie!
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Pithecanthropus wrote:

I read somewhere (can't vouch for the accuracy), that when they did the big chase scene, they just went out on the street and did it. No traffic control, no blocked off streets.
macnuke Afar
DukeofNuke wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:

I read somewhere (can't vouch for the accuracy), that when they did the big chase scene, they just went out on the street and did it. No traffic control, no blocked off streets.

I seem to recall that also Duke.
so you have a second unsubstantiated on that one.

but it was a dam good movie
I was channel surfing last night and stopped on The Longest Day. I have NOT yet seen the entire movie but only have seen bits and pieces. Last night I think I'm now up to about 130 minutes of its 178-minute runtime. I HAD intended to watch until I got to parts I've already seen but finished it anyway.

The foley in the movie is sometimes amusing. In one particular scene a woman in the French Resistance was wrestling with a German soldier on a bridge (because he was trying to signal a train to stop) and they land in the river before he does so. It is clear that the sound effects was probably some guy who recorded the sound of something being dropped into a water-filled tub (for the initial drop into the water) and his hand splashing the water (for them struggling in the water).

Still a very compelling movie.
macnuke wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:

Unfortunately the IMDB trivia for the French Connection disputes the unplanned chase sequence story saying that the chase sequence took 5 week to film and lots of preparation went into it including controlling the traffic signals along the path.

On the other hand, a particular car crash was unplanned but left in the movie "because of its realism".
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DEyncourt wrote:
macnuke wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:

Unfortunately the IMDB trivia for the French Connection disputes the unplanned chase sequence story saying that the chase sequence took 5 week to film and lots of preparation went into it including controlling the traffic signals along the path.

On the other hand, a particular car crash was unplanned but left in the movie "because of its realism".

Oh yeah ! Well, who you gonna believe, huh ? All that left-leaning liberal media crap; or ME ? :brow:
The Longest Day is an excellent film.

Over Christmas we saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Mission Impossible 4. I prefered the Fincher version of the Larson novel to the Swedish version. He managed to integrate a lot of stuff that the original left out, brining it a lot closer to the book. Also, Rooney Mara was a far better Lisbeth Salander.

This weekend we will likely see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and The Iron Lady.
DEyncourt wrote:
macnuke wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:

I think part of the myth evolved from the claim that they never bothered to get permits or something to that effect.
But yes the chase was very planned.

According to Wikipedia three of the actual subway cars used in the movie are part of the NY Transit Museum collection.
There is nothing that I have seen in the museum indicating this is true though.
sturner Ancient Soldier
The Warrior's Way. Pure martial arts crap.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 198