I don't remember any.

Ah. You're one of those Republicans.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Were there bewbs?

jr565 wrote:
I don't remember any.

Ah. You're one of those Republicans.

i was hoping for some boobs (and not James Marsden's though he is dreamy). But no boobage. THere was a rape though. But still no boobs.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
X-Men First Class
sturner Ancient Soldier
War Horse.

Typical Spielburg war movie tugging at your heart strings.

He's become very predictable with these types of movies.

suspend belief when you watch it, and wallow in the sentimentality. That makes it very good.

It's an ok movie.
The Four Feathers, 1939. TCM had it on where I was staying.

It was one of the movies which inspired me as a youngster and it still resonates.
No Strings Attached. Turns out there were strings attached.

Also, the new Planet of the Apes movie. IT was ok. not great. Don't like how the Apes were just looking out for their freedom and to be left alone. IN the older moves, they treated the humans like slaves. And thus they should have shown that in many cases, the apes were actually going to be subjugators and not freedom fighters.

So when the virus hits at the end that will mean that many humans die, and then apes take over and enslave all the remaining humans and treat them like apes.
What would be cool would be in the follow up if James Franco has a cameo as one of the humans that gets rounded up and is going to be made a slave and Caesar and him share a look before he basically wipes his hands of the matter and lets Franco be treated like chattel, thus proving that he and the humans who subjected him are essentially the same and the roles have been reversed.

Last edited by ScifiterX on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:12 am. Please use spoiler tags, jr. Seriously, it hasn't even hit HBO yet!

crumble Bow ties are Cool
The Descendents
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1033575/

It was good. Some are saying that it was the best performance of Clooney's career. I'm inclined to agree.
Sorry scifter. I'll be sure to use those goin forward.
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Still presentable, if you're into that sort of thing.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
While i agree the spoiler tags shoulda been used, i don't think editing the post is justifiable. I dont think editing any posts is justifiable unless it violates the forum rules, and last i looked, there wasn't a rule saying you HAVE to use the tags.

You shoulda asked him to edit his own post.
The Devil's Double.

A bit over the top but the actor who played the double role of Uday Hussein and Latif did an outstanding job.
Girl With Dragon tatoo. Remake. It looked better than the original, but it stuck so closely I had to wonder why they bothered remaking it. Still it was pretty good. But it had the same problem as Return of the King had. The movie does not end when it's supposed to. It just keeps going on and on.

I recommend it, but it does drag a bit, especially at the end.

Last edited by jr565 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 pm.

I plan to see this version, mostly because it is such a good story, partly to see how it compares to the Swedish version and less so to see it in English with no sub-titles.

I really liked the Swedish language Millennium Trilogy movies. But having read the books since I saw the movies I feel like I do about LOTR; there was so much cut out to make the movies fit in the allotted time you wonder what they could have been like if the producers/directors had either expanded the movies slightly or chosen to leave out some of the stuff they left in and include some of the stuff they left out. I was kind of hoping the English language version of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo would expand on some other parts of the story that got left out of the Swedish version. I guess I'll find out when I see it.
Tin Tin, in 3D

The movie was great

The 3D was great

The CGI was freaking awesome

Can't wait for the next Tin Tin movie.

I want to play the video game.

So, yeah, i liked it.
Tucker & Dale vs evil. Very funny "horror" movie, starring Alan tudyck.it has the requisite gore, but it's totally tongue in cheek and slapsticky. It reminds me of Texas chainsaw massacre mixed with three's company. (i.e. everybody sees something, then react based on what they they saw and then end up involved in all sorts of mayhem because of it)And is actually pretty sweet (despite the people getting killed of course).
Highly recommended if you like comedic horror movies.
user Stupid cockwomble
Cabaret.

I started thinking about it for some reason while I was driving home for work and found it in the $5 bin at Big Lots the same day. The DVD had short interviews made in 1997 with most of the principals.

Of course, Fosse wasn't one of them.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Where the Wild Things Are

I'm mixed about it. We watched it with the kids, and realized it really isn't aimed for kids--which is a shame.

In some respects it was done exceptionally well, but in other respects it was just a joyless and depressing affair.

The voice acting for the Wild Things was often flat and glum. Each one of them. A couple of them were just horribly flat.
They had a big back story but had no real connection to each other.
It could have used a bit more joy or at the very least, a bit less heavy gloom.
My kids were a bit puzzled and bummed by it.

Definitely more of a Spike Jonze movie than it needed to be IMHO.
In The Electric Mist

Tommy Lee Jones, Mary Steenburgen, John Goodman, Ned Beatty

It is not based on a Stephen King book but it has that feel, only much better than almost every movie I've seen based on a Stephen King book. It also has somewhat the feel of No Country For Old Men.

Not flashy or exciting but well worth watching.
I spent the first three hours of the new year watching Terry Pratchett's Going Postal.

While designed to be attractive to general audiences, there are quite a number of touches that only fans of Discworld would enjoy mostly because they go unexplained in the movie (such as the photographer for the Ankh-Morpork News being a "reformed" vampire, the story of which is part of The Truth, an earlier Discrworld novel). Necessarily the movie leaves out a lot--only touching on the stamp collecting/obsessive-compulsive collecting in general which the book spent much time on--and some of the remaining plot had been modified at least in part because an accurate rendering of the book would likely be a multi-billion dollar production.

Some Discworld fans were a bit put off by Charles Dance's portrayal of Lord Vetinari, in part because the makers of the movie chose not to follow Vetinari usual vampirish look (aside from costume Dance looks very much like he does as Tywin Lannister--the head of the Lannister family--in Game of Thrones), but I suspect that this objection is mostly from Vetinari obsessives (I know of a couple among my friends and acquaintances). Personally I think he did well depicting the mostly icy demeanor with a hint of humor (at least from Vetinari's viewpoint).

Well done and recommended for all fans of Pratchett's Discworld series; for people watching the movie without having read the Discworld series or Going Postal specifically I'm a bit less certain but I think anyone should find the movie enjoyable (those who haven't read Pratchett could watch the movie as a specific variation of steampunk with some magic thrown in).
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Séamas wrote:

I'm mixed about it. We watched it with the kids, and realized it really isn't aimed for kids--which is a shame.

In some respects it was done exceptionally well, but in other respects it was just a joyless and depressing affair.

The voice acting for the Wild Things was often flat and glum. Each one of them. A couple of them were just horribly flat.

My problem with that movie was these giant monsters with little, tiny actor voices. That's never how I heard them in my head when I read the book. Big creatures should have big voices.
I watched 2 flicks this weekend. I liked them both.

The Help
Friends With Benefits
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pithecanthropus wrote:
Séamas wrote:

My problem with that movie was these giant monsters with little, tiny actor voices. That's never how I heard them in my head when I read the book. Big creatures should have big voices.

Yep. That too.
Perhaps part of my problem is my sound system, but things would go from really loud, to spots where these monsters were speaking in their wimpy emo voices--almost whispering, and I'd be reaching for the remote in order to hear what they were saying.
Oh, i also saw Hangover 2, which wasn't nearly as good as the first one.
Just saw Fright Night (the remake), contagion and Our idiot brother.

Of the three I probably liked our idiot brother the best. A trifle of a movie, but paul rudd plays a good lovable stoner, and all the sisters are hotties.
Fright night was about what I expected, and contagion was scary, but like much of soderbegs work, pretty inert. I just tend to be bored by his movies. No passion whatsoever. For an end of the world type scenario it was pretty boring.

Still it was kind of cool to see one of the named stars be offed in he first few minutes of the movie and have them go through an autopsy, where their skull is opened.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
mmaverick wrote:
how was it?

Good, not great, but good.

Kind of "Blair witch project in space"
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
Star Trek: Nemesis. I've now seen all of the Star Trek movies. Now onto the DS9 series.
Crazy Stupid Love. Good flick.
macnuke Afar
http://dragontattoofilm.com/about-5/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy.

not the fuckin hollywood version..

the subtitled one..as in original.

:up: :up:

was good.

Netflix has all three btw
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Apollo 18

Good movie except for the ending. It was a disappointment. I was left with too many unanswered questions for my taste.

My stress levels were definitely raised while watching it though. It was VERY realistic.

I give it an 8 out of 10 stars.
Fido

Quote:
Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when FIDO eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family. A boy-and-his-dog movie for grown ups, "FIDO" will rip your heart out.

Apollo 18

If you've seen the commercials you've pretty much seen the movie. Not bad but absolutely nothing interesting or new.
macnuke Afar
ukimalefu wrote:
Fido

Quote:
Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when FIDO eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family. A boy-and-his-dog movie for grown ups, "FIDO" will rip your heart out.

plenty of people have eaten their next door neighbor.
this movie about cheaters and resulting divorces?
TechnoBill wrote:
Apollo 18

Good movie except for the ending. It was a disappointment. I was left with too many unanswered questions for my taste.

My stress levels were definitely raised while watching it though. It was VERY realistic.

Biggest plot hole in the world: if we've never been back to the moon, where did the footage come from?

Also, I think you're too generous with your stars, I'd give it about a 5/10.
Pithecanthropus wrote:
TechnoBill wrote:
Apollo 18

Biggest plot hole in the world: if we've never been back to the moon, where did the footage come from?

Also, I think you're too generous with your stars, I'd give it about a 5/10.

You got the plot wrong. The last OFFICIAL mission to the Moon was Apollo 17. Apollo 18 was SECRET, and that's how they got the footage. They never went back after that. Or so they say Image
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Did you watch the movie?

You really don't sound like it or else you would know what Pith is talking about.
TechnoBill wrote:
Did you watch the movie?

You really don't sound like it or else you would know what Pith is talking about.

Yeah, it's not clear how the footage got back to earth. Is that what you're talking about? well... uhmm... another secret mission? :trollface:
The movie clearly states in the opening that we never went back to the moon after the "secret" mission, Apollo 18. Therefore, we couldn't have gotten the "actual footage" the movie says you're watching which was supposed to have been shot on that mission, Apollo 18. Thus, the biggest plot hole ever.
You know what?, if the footage is real, so is the Sanctuary, because Henry Foss was in the command module.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 195