What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
As part of my guilty pleasure tour to watch every sleazy horror exploitation movie from the 80's, I finally broke down and watched Ghoulies, which I had been avoiding since I first saw the trailers. You know the one, with the goofy Gremlins ripoff climbing out of the toilet with the add campaign "They'll get you in the end."

Man I have rarely been so disappointed even going in with such low exploitations. This is not even a half-assed Gremlins ripoff. It is a lame Satanic black magic horror movie, but so tame it's not even worth watching for nudity and gore (I hear there is an uncut version, which makes me wonder why they would ever try to market a PG-13 version). Even 80's nostalgia can't redeem this BORING, turgid, embarrassing piece of crap. I can't believe this spawned three sequels. Jesus Christ, I still have to watch TROLL and LEPRECHAUN.
Um, why? I know that there is some value in not being totally dependent on the opinions of others, but why waste your time on and subject your brain to movies that have been nearly universally panned? If there had been any redeeming qualities due to camp or "so bad that it's good" I think that any of the movies you named would have joined the cult circuit a la Army of Darkness years ago.
Problem is, I didn't bother reading any reviews on this movie. I never knew anyone who saw it, so I never heard anyone else's opinion. Also, this is a movie that had very large presence in video stores for decades (it made $35 million dollars!), no doubt due to its falsifying add campaign to appear as a Gremlins knockoff. I figure it couldn't be any worse than The Howling III: The Marsupials. Also, I didn't have to pay anything to watch it. However, I paid with my life and soul.

I may need to watch a Stewart Gordon movie to regain a state of grace.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Green Lantern. Meh. Typical super-hero movie.
I'm really annoyed by the fact that comic book movies have crowded out everything else.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
I'm really annoyed by the fact that comic book movies have crowded out everything else.

It's because the storyboards are already done.
DukeofNuke wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

It's because the storyboards are already done.

If only that were true.

Of course the quality of comic book writing ranges from truly abysmal to stellar, but in a lot of cases the studios would have decades of movie making material even if they limited themselves to the stories which were only "pretty good" at worse.
I saved Tron: Legacy on my PVR and tried watching it over the weekend. Pretty, but I fell asleep about a third of the way through and upon waking found that I didn't at all care to restart it or to retain it on my PVR to try again later.
I thought Green Lantern was awesome, about as good as Thor, not quite as good as X-men. And Tron was excellent and best 3D among all the garbage fake 3D releases. You guys are just jaded by abundance of fantasy movies, which is understandable.
The ides of March. BORING!
I couldn't stand the George clooney character, even before it's revealed that he's kind of a douche.
The three political campaign managers played by gosling, Hoffman and Giamati, aware actually interesting characters and very well played, but there wasn't one thing that happened in the movie that I wasn't expecting, and it plays out in a pedestrian way. Wow, the idealist sells out his principles after getting screwed over, and elects a flawed candidate. And then is all pensive about it. How thrilling.

Part of the problem is that they're billing the movie as if it's a thriller. It's not. It's actually a movie you'd watch if you were looking to watch something that would help you take a nap.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Better to have more superhero movies than have remakes of Footlose. I
Just threw up my mouth just thinking about it.
jr565 wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Better to have more superhero movies than have remakes of Footlose. I
Just threw up my mouth just thinking about it.

Oh God, yes! It took me so long to believe it was the real deal and not someone's idea of a joke.
Grilled Muffin Hearty whole-grain goodness
I'd like to, for once, go through one sitting of TV watching and not see a trailer for a remake or sequel coming to theaters or on DVD. That would be nice.
New 3 Musketeers needs more ringwraiths.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Real Steel. A good, root for the underdog, popcorn munch'n flick. It's not Rocky or Raging Bull good but it was a lot of fun.
dv
Finally watched Transformers 3 last night.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Was it any good?
Land of the Lost.

Terrible, but in an oddly entertaining way.
Dude, that movie was like a STARZ sex flick with all the sex cut out.
Okay then, like a Spice channel movie with all the sex cut out.
Still no comprende
Super 8. A little overly long, but I liked it.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
TechnoBill wrote:
Was it any good?

I liked it. If you liked the last two, you'd like the third. A bonus is seeing Chicago trashed.
Jurassic Park

I'll grant children so ugly dinosaurs cannot eat them are a good survival adaptation re predation but I'm not sure how effective it is as a long term solution when procreation of the species is considered.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Motel Hell - a 1980 gore fest with the best punch line I've ever heard in a horror movie.
Just saw captain america. And basically gave up after 3/4 of the way through, played on my Mac for a bit then came out to watch the ending. It started out good, then got progressively worse as he became Captain America. Once it started getting to the montages of him fighting in WWIi it began to get very sloppy looking, almost as if they had planned for an hour more of movie and then realized that they were out of time and money so had to cobble some human waste together at the last second.

I remember about ten years ago there was a Captain America miniseries comic book that discussed his origin. And they should have stuck really close to that series, because it was really done well.

Maybe the directors cut will fix some of the issues, or maybe another director should try a captain America reboot with the better storyline.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I watched tommy boy while playing a drinking game. You drink every time Farley says or does someone stupid. Man did I get drunk.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
mmaverick wrote:
I watched tommy boy while playing a drinking game. You drink every time Farley says or does someone stupid. Man did I get drunk.

:roll:
In order
Macross Frontier: Wings of Goodbye
Them!
Forbidden Planet
TechnoBill wrote:
mmaverick wrote:

:roll:

Aww, tb doesn't approve. I guess I'll never do it again!
The biggest issue I can see is the only time Chris Farley does someone stupid is when he's masturbating.
it's possible that was supposed to say something.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Transformers. It's still a good flick.
crumble Bow ties are Cool
I saw a movie! First one since... Uh...

:paranoid:

Uh, anyway, I saw Captain America.
Green Lantern, the live action version with Ryan Reynolds.

Nothing special but I've seen worse disposable movies. Can't imagine I'll ever watch it again.
dv
And... finished Toy Story 3.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv wrote:

:cry:
dv
DukeofNuke wrote:
dv wrote:

:cry:

Maybe it was my cynicism, or maybe Netflix has an edited version, but... no.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 195