What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I love Darkman.
Big Tits Zombie

Not a lot of boobies but they were nice enough.
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
I'm a bit of an anglo-phobe but we watched The King's Speech last night and I thought it was great.
:shrug:
dv
Freakout Jackson wrote:
I'm a bit of an anglo-phobe but we watched The King's Speech last night and I thought it was great.

Hellz yeah!
user Stupid cockwomble
dv wrote:
Freakout Jackson wrote:

Hellz yeah!

Fuckity fiddlesticks fiddlesticks fiddlesticks balls my arse

(Guess you could tell I just saw it too!)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
King Solomon's Mines

After you get past the racial and sexual stereotypes, it's just kinda bad.
Metacell:
Aw man, Darkman is another Sam Raimi anti-mainstream classic!

ScifiterX wrote:
Metacell wrote:
X-Men: First Class. Best one since the first, in some ways it was better. The only thing that really bugged me was Mystique being all bummed out because obviously gay Xavier and Beast weren't turned on by her.

To be fair, I don't think I've ever saw the Henry on a date in the comics. And I don't just mean a date with a woman either. I mean period.

Maybe his feet fulfill all his wishes!

Who knows but he does have the clueless nerdy thing (sorta like Reed Richards) and poor me I'm a monstrous freak thing (sorta like Ben Grimm) going in the comics.

justine wrote:
Bridesmaids, for the second time.

Uhm, this is what confuses the human waste out of me. This is the sort of stupid tasteless crap I'd expect from a guy's movie (and lets face it I LMFAO when I say Old School) but not from a chick flick. Usually women have higher standards than that.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Did you watch Bridesmaids?
justine Elitist Beer Lover
ScifiterX wrote:
Metacell:

ScifiterX wrote:
Metacell wrote:
X-Men: First Class. Best one since the first, in some ways it was better. The only thing that really bugged me was Mystique being all bummed out because obviously gay Xavier and Beast weren't turned on by her.

To be fair, I don't think I've ever saw the Henry on a date in the comics. And I don't just mean a date with a woman either. I mean period.

Who knows but he does have the clueless nerdy thing (sorta like Reed Richards) and poor me I'm a monstrous freak thing (sorta like Ben Grimm) going in the comics.

justine wrote:

Uhm, this is what confuses the human waste out of me. This is the sort of stupid tasteless crap I'd expect from a guy's movie (and lets face it I LMFAO when I say Old School) but not from a chick flick. Usually women have higher standards than that.

I don't even know how to respond to this.
DukeofNuke wrote:
King Solomon's Mines

It has been probably 35 years since I saw the 1950 version but I watched the 1937 version, with Paul Robeson about 6 or 7 years ago. There were a few racial stereotypes in that one too. Also, it was pre-code so there was one National Geographic style shot of some dancing native women; kinda surprising when you're watching a movie that old but I've seen and heard some un-expected stuff in other movies of that vintage.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
rjprice wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote:
King Solomon's Mines

It has been probably 35 years since I saw the 1950 version but I watched the 1937 version, with Paul Robeson about 6 or 7 years ago. There were a few racial stereotypes in that one too. Also, it was pre-code so there was one National Geographic style shot of some dancing native women; kinda surprising when you're watching a movie that old but I've seen and heard some un-expected stuff in other movies of that vintage.

Yeah, I noticed that there were NO WOMEN in Africa ! Except for Deborah Kerr !
Seriously, not even women with their breast covered, and no children either.
In fact, the entire continent is populated by (male) Swahili and Watusi warriors !
dv
On a semi-related note, I rather enjoyed made-for-TV Revenge of the Bridesmaids. It's on Netflix right now, iirc.
Ender bug hunter
justine wrote:
ScifiterX wrote:
Metacell:

ScifiterX wrote:
Metacell wrote:

justine wrote:

Obviously, by making him a sandwich. :roll:
bridesmaids, i thought, wasn't that good, it did have some funny moments tho.
NoExit wrote:

That was a haiku.

bridesmaids, i thought, was
not that good, it did have some
funny moments tho
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
It's Yoda haiku!
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
NoExit wrote:

That was a haiku.

bridesmaids, i thought, was
not that good, it did have some
funny moments tho

Awesome! :up:
i don't know what that is.

;) The Other Guys is awesome :D
Ender wrote:
justine wrote:
ScifiterX wrote:
Metacell:

ScifiterX wrote:
Metacell wrote:

justine wrote:

Obviously, by making him a sandwich. :roll:

Hollywood seems to have marketed a gender reassigned guy's movie formula at women and I can't imagine it working out because in my experience ladies generally have more taste than we guys do. I cant wrap my head around why they would do that. I mean those movies work with us guys because basically no matter how smart or mature we are, we are a bit more centered in our reptilian brains so we get off on the that tasteless crap, even when we think or know we shouldn't.
so bridesmaid = the hangover for women ?
NoExit wrote:
so bridesmaid = the hangover for women ?

That's what some people say, but it's really not. The only real correlation is that It's a bunch of bridesmaids together vs a bunch of groomsmen. The Hangover takes place over the course of one night. A bachelor party. Bridesmaids is over several days and isn't focused on the bachelorette party. It's mostly about Kristen Wiigs character, who is not the bride.

And yes, there are some hilariously raunchy parts!, and just for the record, i love comedies like The Hangover. They aren't just for men.
i like the part where he really is a US air marshal.
Watched the Mechanic last night and I gottta say, I want to be a hired hit man! You get to live in a cool house, you have an awesome stereo system, a cool car, and you get super-cool gadgets to help in your work. And you have a MacBook Air and the biggest iMac of them all! (The bad guy uses a Dell.)

Jason Statham is pretty good at it, and he seems reasonably well-adjusted and pretty moral. He also has a fantastic physique, but he never seems to go to the gym. Must be all that fighting and strangling that keeps him fit.

Also, he's a medical genius. But he knows squat about kitchen appliances. If you're going to threaten to put a guy's daughter's hand down the garbage disposal if he doesn't tell you what you want to know, you need to run the cold water or you'll burn out the motor.
NoExit wrote:
i like the part where he really is a US air marshal.

That was funny, but i couldn't stop laughing at the food poisoning part.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I reject the notion that women don't like raunchy humor. The only real difference is that (some) men will accept it even if it has no wit.
Metacell wrote:
I reject the notion that women don't like raunchy humor. The only real difference is that (some) men will accept it even if it has no wit.

Women do like it. Not all, but not all men like it, either.
Pithecanthropus wrote:
Watched the Mechanic last night and I gottta say, I want to be a hired hit man! You get to live in a cool house, you have an awesome stereo system, a cool car, and you get super-cool gadgets to help in your work. And you have a MacBook Air and the biggest iMac of them all! (The bad guy uses a Dell.)

Jason Statham is pretty good at it, and he seems reasonably well-adjusted and pretty moral. He also has a fantastic physique, but he never seems to go to the gym. Must be all that fighting and strangling that keeps him fit.

Also, he's a medical genius. But he knows squat about kitchen appliances. If you're going to threaten to put a guy's daughter's hand down the garbage disposal if he doesn't tell you what you want to know, you need to run the cold water or you'll burn out the motor.

:up: awesome movie, Statham just never dies !!
NoExit wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:

I never said it was an awesome movie.

:D
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Was that supposed to be a remake of the Charles Bronson flik ?
This isn't a movie but if you have access to HBO consider spending an hour watching Mel Brooks and Dick Cavett Together Again which is currently making the circuit on the various HBO channels.
Pithecanthropus wrote:
NoExit wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:

I never said it was an awesome movie.

:D

no i did :p
DukeofNuke wrote:
Was that supposed to be a remake of the Charles Bronson flik ?

Yep. Charles Bronson and Jan Michael Vincent. That one wasn't that great either.

Both are fun, but they're not what you'd call "great cinema."
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I liked the Bronson one. There was a great bit in it where Bronson has this hooker be at his house waiting for him, and she does the complete "loving wife" routine right up till he tells her to go. I thought it made the character more interesting.
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
Moneyball.
Loved it (but I'm a huge baseball geek)
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger tides
God that movie was bad. I couldn't even pay attention to most of it, and I found all of the other Pirate movies entertaining enough.
Daughters of Darkness

1971, French-German-Belgian co-production.

I get the vibe the director was going for but instead of militantly stylish this movie barely manages to pull off annoyingly European.

But, if you like your vampires sparkly this movie puts Twilight to shame. In one scene this boney old Hungarian broad is wearing this form-fitting get-up. I swear it looks like she killed a disco ball and turned pelt into a cat suit or maybe a full length evening gown, I couldn't really tell which because, to be honest, by that point I wasn't paying that much attention, I just wanted to see how this train wreck ended.
dv
Apparently somebody made a movie version of a couple Discworld novels, and some are available on Netflix Streaming. :nerdboner:

Watching the first half of Hogfather last night. The SFX are an odd combination of "clearly budget" (Death's costume) and "actually pretty decent." Acting is TV-average.

I wouldn't have imagined Teatime that way, though. At all.
Several of Pratchett's Discworld books have been made into TV movies originally broadcast on British TV (in book release order):

The Colour of Magic (which is a combination of that book and The Light Fantastic)
Wyrd Sisters
Soul Music
Hogfather
Going Postal (which was released to the US DVD market this month)
TechnoBill Freakazoid
I'm on a zombie movie kick after watching the kick start of season 2 of The Walking Dead.

I just finished watching Shaun of the Dead.

Night of the Living Dead is next. The original.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 195