What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 195
Online now: ukimalefu
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
Little fake British accent girl did nothing but prance around as fan service and was generally useless to the guy aside from the final scene with Megatron.

IMDB:
Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley was born 18 April 1987 in Plymouth, Devon, England (Freedom Fields Hospital), and grew up on her parents' country farm.

Not defending the movie in any way here. I saw the first one, couldn't tell an Autobot from a Decepticon, and decided not to see any of the sequels.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I liked some of the bits of Sucker Punch but I couldn't feel anything for the characters or the rest of the story. Felt they should have just made movies of each of those dance sequences. Been a lot more interesting.

Saw Transformers the other day finally. I am convinced that was originally a 3 1/2hr+ flick that they had to cut to make it under 3hrs. There was bits obviously cut. Bunch of plot holes because of that. But the story wasn't bad if only mildly predictable. What ticked me off the most was the new female costar. Everyone seemed to make a fuss about how good she was. I found her terrible. Had almost no backstory and played a character that was merely eye candy. Could not believe one bit the relationship between her and the main protagonist. Heck you could have done the entire movie without her in it and it would have been better. A lot less filler and pointless scenes. Or really, they could have introduced a new girl that has a background more in line with the kid. I kept thinking they would and that she would screw him to go with the rich guy. Really the character needs a female support that is willing to get dirty and is an autobotaholic like him. Little fake British accent girl did nothing but prance around as fan service and was generally useless to the guy aside from the final scene with Megatron.

Battles were also ehhh. I caught some of the same CG reused from previous movies and they kept having to cut in and out of fights to show what else was going on that the real epic fights seemed rather...not epic.

You're doing it wrong. Her purpose in the movie was to look hot which she accomplished quite well.
Capote

Very good. Not exciting.
user Stupid cockwomble
Crocodile Dundee

"It's for washing your backside, roight?"

Linda was so damn gorgeous.
Pithecanthropus wrote:
Little fake British accent girl did nothing but prance around as fan service and was generally useless to the guy aside from the final scene with Megatron.

IMDB:
Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley was born 18 April 1987 in Plymouth, Devon, England (Freedom Fields Hospital), and grew up on her parents' country farm.

Not defending the movie in any way here. I saw the first one, couldn't tell an Autobot from a Decepticon, and decided not to see any of the sequels.

You do realize the difference between the two is mostly philosophical, not unlike the difference between a Democrat and a Republican. Optimus's motto is "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" where Megatron's is "Peace through tyranny!" According to the Michael Bay movies and Generation 2 comics storylines, Optimus and Megatron are at least as related as Voldemort and Harry.
ScifiterX wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:

IMDB:

You do realize the difference between the two is mostly philosophical, not unlike the difference between a Democrat and a Republican. Optimus's motto is "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" where Megatron's is "Peace through tyranny!" According to the Michael Bay movies and Generation 2 comics storylines, Optimus and Megatron are at least as related as Voldemort and Harry.

I meant their looks. During the fight scenes I couldn't tell who I was supposed to be rooting for. I guess they all look alike to me. :shrug:
TechnoBill Freakazoid
The Expendables

A not surprisingly good action movie.

the-expendables.jpg
user Stupid cockwomble
I can't tell from that sentence if you thought it was a good movie or not.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
:squint:

EDIT:
REWORDING FOR USER'S BENEFIT:
It was a good action movie which wasn't surprising.

Last edited by TechnoBill on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 pm.

Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Transformers has always sucked.
Cowboys & Aliens

Better than a home movie of someone's mangy, three legged dog humping bloated roadkill until it bursts in a shower of maggots.
the The Expendables sucked.
Ender bug hunter
Cyrus. Pretty funny.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
The Green Hornet. I can't believe i made it all the way to the end.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I liked the green hornet :(
mmaverick wrote:
I liked the green hornet :(

I wanted to. I like Seth Rogan.
I watched the Bourne Vaginity last night. Er... I mean Salt.

Meh. :shrug:
Pithecanthropus wrote:
I meant their looks. During the fight scenes I couldn't tell who I was supposed to be rooting for. I guess they all look alike to me. :shrug:

I'd bet you'd say the same about a fight between Daizyujin and GoLion.
There was never such a problem between the Super Defense Fortress Macross and the Zentraedi.
This is true, though the Zentraedi were from a different world and culture and had distinct physiology. Megatronus Prime (The Fallen) & the Liege Maximo (each were responsible for the Deceptions in different timelines) were among the 13 original Cybertronians (the Primes) created by Primus.
rjprice wrote:
Cowboys & Aliens

Better than a home movie of someone's mangy, three legged dog humping bloated roadkill until it bursts in a shower of maggots.
Maybe it's me, but that sounds like it would be a good movie. So, then cowboys vs. Aliens might be pretty darn good.
jr565 wrote:
rjprice wrote:
Cowboys & Aliens

Maybe it's me, but that sounds like it would be a good movie. So, then cowboys vs. Aliens might be pretty darn good.

You defiantly grasp the fervent ambiguity of my endorsement. ;)

The biggest disappointment in watching Cowboys & Aliens is knowing Harrison Ford will not get the Best Actor Oscar his performance deserves. Seriously, if he played the same character with the same intensity against a comparable supporting actor in a straight western we'd be calling it a career defining performance. Ford really lets 'er rip in this movie but Daniel Craig disappoints with a barely competent supporting performance. Fortunately Adam Beach and Clancy Brown are able to keep up with Ford or his professionalism would look like ham-fisted over-acting.

But Cowboys & Aliens is a very silly movie and as excellent as some of the acting was I cannot imagine any Oscar nominations for this one.
user Stupid cockwomble
Sci-fi movies tend to get no respect at the Oskars anyway.
True. But as a whole Cowboys & Aliens is simply not an Oscar worthy movie. It is too bad because Harrison Ford's performance was probably the best I've ever seen him deliver. I know the commercials, credits and story make Daniel Craig the lead in this movie but Harrison Ford just owns Cowboys & Aliens.
ScifiterX wrote:
This is true, though the Zentraedi were from a different world and culture and had distinct physiology. Megatronus Prime (The Fallen) & the Liege Maximo (each were responsible for the Deceptions in different timelines) were among the 13 original Cybertronians (the Primes) created by Primus.

Sure, and Eä created all the maiar, many of whom were corrupted by Melkor. Yet I had no trouble distinguishing between the Elves and the Orcs in LOTR.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

:up:

Not at all what I expected which was first 10 minutes why/how apes got smart and then two hours of Ape Mayhem. Completely the opposite. The computer artists nailed the facial expressions on the ape. They didn't speak a word but their faces said volumes. Some of the hateful stares and evil eyes gave me chills.
I watched The Bounty. Didn't see probably the first half, but i'd like to see it again from start to finish. Mel Gibson was really hot in that one. :)
Sexmission

1984, Polish, Sci-fi/Comedy

Boobies, martial arts and even a food fight, all gratuitous.

The sub-titles were a bit spotty and my command of Polish is limited but some of the background dialog sounded interesting. For example, I found it amusing that one contributing factor to WW3 was American domestic anger arising from the sale of Alaska back to Russia as a debt fighting measure.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
they can only have Alaska if they take the Palins too
jkahless Custom Title
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

:up:

Not at all what I expected which was first 10 minutes why/how apes got smart and then two hours of Ape Mayhem. Completely the opposite. The computer artists nailed the facial expressions on the ape. They didn't speak a word but their faces said volumes. Some of the hateful stares and evil eyes gave me chills.

I just got back from it. It was exceedingly well done. I highly recommend it!
Did they remake Planet Of The Apes or something?
They did in 2001 with Markie Mark. That was something.
The new movie is more of an alt-universe remake of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.
jkahless Custom Title
justine wrote:
Did they remake Planet Of The Apes or something?

It's set in modern day, and it's about how the apes take over the first time, assuming it's part of the same continuity as the old movies.
user Stupid cockwomble
I was just thinking the other day the org. movie got so wrapped up in Cold War nuclear fears that it didn't make any sense how the apes would gain intelligence and the ability to speak while the humans would lose theirs.

I was ticked off that the remake had humans speaking, but now I'm seeing that it would make more sense, in a fashion.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Blood Simple, 1984.

Pretty damned good. Coen Bros first major picture, I had never seen it before, it's one of the really good ones.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Cowboy Bebop

great
Animal House

No surprise this is the first time I've watched it sober enough to remember seeing it.

And so many jokes and/or seemingly random comments on Babylon 5 now make sense.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 195