Page: 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
The Troll Hunter

A true story! ( :brow: )

I really liked it.
user Stupid cockwomble
Sleeper.

Had a sudden urge to see it again, so I went and found it on Big Truck.
Ask me tonight... it'll be "Paul".
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
user wrote:
Sleeper.

Had a sudden urge to see it again, so I went and found it on Big Truck.

I just watched Bananas. (available right now on Netflix instant view)
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Saw Paul yesterday. Not as uproariously funny as I'd hoped it would be, but I liked it a lot! It's a movie that all nerds should see.
user Stupid cockwomble
Well, good thing there aren't any nerds here.

:)
crumble Bow ties are Cool
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Paul was not as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz but still pretty damn funny.
ScifiterX wrote:
Paul was not as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz but still pretty damn funny.

Agreed. I got a little tired of all the fart/penis/balls jokes, but what do you expect from a movie with Seth Rogan, albeit only his voice?
justine Elitist Beer Lover
ukimalefu wrote:
Dead Snow

Quote:
A ski vacation turns horrific for a group of medical students, as they find themselves confronted by an unimaginable menace: Nazi zombies.

How did i miss this post?? I've had this flick in my instant queue for ages. Ive just never gotten around to watching it.

I just saw 127 Days. I liked it.
Batman Begins

The origin of Batman story has been done to death but this version was well done and quite entertaining.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I am currently watching Dog Soldiers. My roommate has watched very few movies, so I'm taking him on a crash course through all my favourite weird movies. Prior to this, I got him to watch Repo! the genetic opera
Sort of a weird evening yesterday.

- Practical Magic
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Hop
(we took the GKs to the theater for the first time. they did alright, but they still don't have the attention span to sit still for an hour and a half)

the movie sucks, BTW. avoid it.
user Stupid cockwomble
Despicable Me.

(found out that the Minions speak French)
Watched The Sting again last night. First time for the fiancée and it got her. One of the best caper movies ever and extremely well acted.
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
The last new movie I saw was The King's Speech. Liked it, but it was kinda weird seeing Geoffrey Rush with short hair. (I've only ever seen him in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.)
Year of the Dog

Overall a sad and disturbing movie. The characters and story are pathetic and pointless, both to themselves and the viewer.

Surprisingly entertaining.
DukeofNuke wrote:
Hop
(we took the GKs to the theater for the first time. they did alright, but they still don't have the attention span to sit still for an hour and a half)

the movie sucks, BTW. avoid it.

Do you generally like the kids flicks? I'm asking because if you don't like most kids flicks, then i probably wouldn't take your advice. :)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I like the Pixar stuff. and Shrek. I haven't seen Despicable Me (same producers as Hop) or Megamind. I usually like Disney movies.
I usually find kids movies ok, especially if it's kinda funny.
This movie took too many Christmas/Santa movie cliches and just made them into Easter.
did you know that the Easter Bunny delivers candy in a big eggshaped mechanical flying machine magically pulled by a flock of harnessed yellow chicks ?

I went in wanting to like it, but it just wasn't funny. To me.

of course, YMMV.
If you are accompanying kids, by all means, enjoy your popcorn.
Otherwise, wait for it to hit Netflix. It should be there by Halloween, at least.
I like Megamind but can take or leave Despicable Me. I'll probably wait for Netflix.
I just finished watching The Fighter. What a good movie!
LOTR:FOTR
LOTR:TTT
justine wrote:

And you will watch the last one over the weekend. I'm not asking, I'm telling you. You must.
ukimalefu wrote:
justine wrote:

And you will watch the last one over the weekend. I'm not asking, I'm telling you. You must.

I work weekends. No time for movies. :p
Just for kicks I watched The Running Man last night. My god, that movie was deliciously bad. I think my favorite part was at the end when Arnold & his sweetie walk off arm in arm, the crowd goes nuts -- and everybody is still living under a totalitarian regime.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I always thought that tube thing would make a good amusement park ride
user Stupid cockwomble
I still think that it's so amazing that a studio would buy a Stephen King novel and use nothing but the title.
Toy Story 3

I also happened to catch Toy Story 2 for the song that I think of as Jessie's Lament. Man, those folks at Pixar really know how to tug at one's heart!
About to show my stepfather LOTR:FOTR
Will probably show him LOTR:TTT & LOTR:ROTK if he likes that.
DEyncourt wrote:
Toy Story 3

I also happened to catch Toy Story 2 for the song that I think of as Jessie's Lament. Man, those folks at Pixar really know how to tug at one's heart!

They sure do.
user Stupid cockwomble
I've got a copy of TS3 on Blu-ray, but I've been waiting until I can get a larger HD set before I watch it.

I need to get The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo on blu-ray as well. My DVDs for those are getting creaky. I don't care for Cars, so I'll leave that alone.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Toy Story 3
There was a Toy Story marathon of sorts on starz this weekend.
now see, THAT's a good movie, kids movie or not.
Pixar has set the bar so high that movies like HOP just die in the first half hour.
Just because Toy Story 3 (or any of Pixar's movies) is animated does NOT make it a kid's movie.

On the other hand, after watching TS3 it was somewhat surprising that it got a "G" rating. Apparently the folks at the MPAA did not bother to watch it before giving it this rating trusting the names of Disney and Pixar. In the trivia about TS3 at IMDB the chair of MPAA's Classification and Ratings Administration admitted as much during an interview, saying that TS3 should have gotten a "PG".
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DEyncourt wrote:
Just because Toy Story 3 (or any of Pixar's movies) is animated does NOT make it a kid's movie.

*snip*

I was referring back to viewtopic.php?f=13&t=447&p=227101#p225958

in which I dissed HOP
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Last night I watched the greatest ever Bruce Campbell movie, Mindwarp, containing the greatest ever blood and fish larva vomiting sequence in cinematic history.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

My wife is a fan of the books, so I get her the DVDs as gifts. I haven't read the books, but watch the movies with her.
Its pretty funny to watch the progression in the movies.
A lot has been made about how they've gotten darker, but I found this last one to also be very expressionistic, moody, disorientating and cheerless.

As a whole I think they are pretty well done.
Séamas wrote:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I just watched it again last night. I've seen all the HP movies at the theater, and then purchased them.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Punisher: Warzone. Movie was better than it was given credit for.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 195