What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Geesie wrote:
Also, since the ship's volume remains the same whether or not it's in a lot of tiny pieces...

You're asking too much of a movie which is contradicting physics to begin with.
crumble Bow ties are Cool
The Karate Kid. The reboot with Jackie Chan and the Smith kid.

Holy freaking cow, is that kid his father's son!
Dragon Wars.

It wasn't quite as bad as "Godzilla," but it certainly showed ambition.
Dodsworth

Fairly tame stuff by today's standards but I'm sure it was "Adult Content" and "For Mature Audiences Only" in the 1930s.
parnormal activity 2 - it was scary like the 1st one, i like.

the green hornet - over all i liked it but it was really slow to start, i really loved the action scenes.

you again - pretty much sucked, the funnies are few and far between, really the best scene was at the end with betty white.

just go with it - really funny, good movie and i normally dont like adam sandlers movies
Metacell wrote:
[snip]
Ah, well, I did say "somewhat", which is a stretch. But I really meant they at least addressed the issue in a bit of throwaway dialogue.

My problem with THAT throwaway explanation is that they could have used it as an additional point of tension, like, say, after a certain time limit everything that has been shrunk down for the Fantastic Voyage will stay that way permanently--thus any gear left behind would be no problem--and that attempts to reverse the effect after it has become permanent had disasterous results:
Quote:
Scientist: Remember that lab explosion last year at Princeton?

Reporter: The one that took out the entire building...you mean...?

Scientist: Yup. We don't know why that happened, but all further attempts at reversing the shrinking effect are being done at the A-Bomb test range in Nevada. Of course we don't want any of our voyagers to become a subject there so they have <looks at clock> 48 minutes to get out.

Okay, okay, so maybe its not such a great movie. Hell, it's practically the Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer film of its day.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Machete -- entertaining for what it was
I frickin' loved Machete. But I like every Robert Rodriguez movie (disclaimer: never seen Spy Kids).
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Metacell wrote:
I frickin' loved Machete. But I like every Robert Rodriguez movie (disclaimer: never seen Spy Kids).

I have all 3 of them.
Helvetica

Couldn't even sleep through it.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
rjprice wrote:
On The Beach

kinda creepy, ain't it ?
DukeofNuke wrote:
rjprice wrote:
On The Beach

kinda creepy, ain't it ?

Kinda, but I imagine in 1964 it was more than just creepy. Look at some of the other movies from that time, like Dr. Strangelove and Failsafe. The possibility nuclear seemed a whole lot more real back then.
Ender bug hunter
crumble wrote:
Helvetica

Couldn't even sleep through it.

I liked Helvetica, but I like Objectified more.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Dogma. Still one of my favorite flicks.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
uggh I hate everything Kevin smith
Legend of the Guardians

Didn't have time to finish, but what I saw was more interesting than I expected. Really dark for a movie about pretty talking owls.
El Dorado

I assume TCM counts as a movie source.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
ScifiterX wrote:
I assume TCM counts as a movie source.

It better, I rarely go to movie theaters and I don't have a Netflix (or equivalent) account.

That being said, we watched the Errol Flynn version of Robin Hood again the other day. All others pale in comparison... except for Daffy Duck's, of course.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
How about the Men In Tights version.
arkayn wrote:
How about the Men In Tights version.

Mel Brooks hasn't made a good movie since High Anxiety. (Sorry, all you rabid Brooks fans, but I just didn't find anything after that particularly funny. Yes, that includes Spaceballs.)

Sidenote: I know someone who was in Men in Tights. He was a paid extra, but I was never able to find him in the movie.
Men in Tights is funny if you watch it shortly after watching the Kevin Costner Robin Hood.
"Unlike some Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."
"Help, help! I can't swim!"
user Stupid cockwomble
"Yoikes, and away!"
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Predators

Really Liked it.
Duel.

Steven Spielberg's first major movie. Awesomely creepy.

But I found myself wondering how much of it he'd just CG these days... :squint:
Colonel Panic space-age Cpt Horatio Hornblower
The boy and I watched "To Catch a Theif" the other night.
We love us some Hitchcock.
If you are really eager for some real soul-crushing depression, then be sure to watch Never Let Me Go.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The Plan
the BSG story from the point of view of Bro. Cavel.
I recorded it a long time ago, set protect, and then forgot about it.

It was kinda ok, if you know the BSG story.
My SIL watched it with me, and he said it didn't make a bit of sense.
Code 46

Sci-fi/romance with Tim Robbins and Samantha Morton

A pretty decent rendition of Oedipus Rex, disguised as Gattaca, with a little light bondage to keep it from being a total snooze-fest. Actually not bad.
Red Riding Hood. kind of slow to start but really good.
dv
Finally saw Up last night.

Good movie, if majorly depressing. My fridge moment was at the end, when old cranky guy found out that his deceased wife really had been happy, and had viewed their life together as her "adventure."

Like, seriously? He'd never looked in the scrapbook before? If they had as good a relationship as she thought, maybe he would have been clued in a little better.
Colonel Panic space-age Cpt Horatio Hornblower
dv wrote:

Good movie, if majorly depressing. My fridge moment was at the end, when old cranky guy found out that his deceased wife really had been happy, and had viewed their life together as her "adventure."

Like, seriously? He'd never looked in the scrapbook before? If they had as good a relationship as she thought, maybe he would have been clued in a little better.

Man who peed in your oatmeal?
Ender bug hunter
Metacell wrote:
If you are really eager for some real soul-crushing depression, then be sure to watch Never Let Me Go.

This is an awesome book, I'm eager to see the movie.
dv wrote:

The scrapbook was her private space and the old man respected her wishes to let it be private even after her death.
dv
DEyncourt wrote:
dv wrote:

The scrapbook was her private space and the old man respected her wishes to let it be private even after her death.

1) Until it was convenient for his not to respect those wishes.
2) Book or no book, I can't be the first person to consider asking, "Honey, do I make you happy?"
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 195