What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 196
Online now: gd, Google [Bot]
Post Reply
TechnoBill Freakazoid
User avatar
My 12 year old daughter is dying to watch that movie justine.

How inappropriate is it?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
-Resident Evil Afterlife

*sigh* Watch only if you're a fan.

-Salt

Liked it.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
User avatar
TechnoBill wrote:
My 12 year old daughter is dying to watch that movie justine.

How inappropriate is it?

Depends on the maturity level of the 12 year old.

The movie is about a girl that pretends to be a harlot as an experiment and takes it to a high level

There's more to it than that, but you get the idea. It's not a comedy like Superbad or some of the other teen comedies. It's funny, but not completely. I'd probably let a 12 year old, but like i said, depends on the maturity level.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
User avatar
Just saw Tron Legacy. Fantastic work of art, even if it occasionally resembles a Revlon commercial.
True Grit

While there are some differences from the original, I'd be hard pressed to say one was better or worse.
Metacell wrote:
Just saw Tron Legacy. Fantastic work of art, even if it occasionally resembles a Revlon commercial.

I saw that yesterday. It looks even better in IMAX. :)
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
Toy Story 3. And because I'm a manly man, I didn't get all weepy at the end at all. No, None.




:cry:
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Toy Story 3

It was awesome!
justine Elitist Beer Lover
User avatar
Modern Problems. I still laugh at how stupidly funny it is.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
User avatar
The A Team.

We wanted to watch a bad movie, not a wasteful one. The humor isn't humorous, the story is confusing and the whole thing is about a 1/2 hour too long.

We should have rented Gamer -- now that's a movie that's so bad it's good!
justine Elitist Beer Lover
User avatar
Pithecanthropus wrote:


We should have rented Gamer -- now that's a movie that's so bad it's good!

The only good thing about that is Gerard!
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
User avatar
justine wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:


We should have rented Gamer -- now that's a movie that's so bad it's good!

The only good thing about that is Gerard!

Oh, I know. I rented it on a night I wanted to see a bad movie and it didn't disappoint! It has a freaking musical number in it, for god's sake! I savored its delicious badness.

Last edited by Pithecanthropus on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 pm.

Paths of Glory. Such an amazing movie.
Jasoco Your own personal Jesus
User avatar
You know, I can't even remember the last movie I watched all the way through. I've spent the past few weeks watching TV shows on DVD and listening to music. Let me think....

....

Hmm....

Oh.. It's a Wonderful Life on NBC on Christmas Eve. My first time too. If we count partial, then it would be A Christmas Story (Second half) on Christmas Day.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
User avatar
The Maltese Falcon.

Sam Spade is such a badass!
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
User avatar
Black Swan. What a stick fiddling trip.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
User avatar
bratboy wrote:
Black Swan. What a stick fiddling trip.

Is it as good as they say, though?
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
User avatar
justine wrote:
bratboy wrote:
Black Swan. What a stick fiddling trip.

Is it as good as they say, though?


I really haven't read much about it, and the one review I heard (on Fresh Air, I think?) wasn't terribly positive.

Like all of his films, it's incredibly over-the-top. Definitely fun, though.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
User avatar
bratboy wrote:
justine wrote:
bratboy wrote:
Black Swan. What a stick fiddling trip.

Is it as good as they say, though?


I really haven't read much about it, and the one review I heard (on Fresh Air, I think?) wasn't terribly positive.

Like all of his films, it's incredibly over-the-top. Definitely fun, though.

I still haven't decided if i wanna go see it or wait for dvd release.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
User avatar
My mom effin' loved it. (edit: she likes sick, twisted human waste)
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Kick-Ass



-Indeed
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
User avatar
Today I watched:

City Island (good)

Ghost Ship (also starring Julianna Margulies, but not so good)

Dinner for Schmucks (not good at all)
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
User avatar
I just watched Inception, which had somehow crept by me unnoticed. It's a great followup to Tron Legacy.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
User avatar
A Single Man. Excellent film.
sturner Ancient Soldier
User avatar
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Paths of Glory. Such an amazing movie.

Well acted, and it has pithiness.

The Englishman that Walked up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain.
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
sturner wrote:
The Englishman that Walked up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain.

That was...interesting and quaint.

Of course, it starred Hugh Grant, so it had to be smashing, righto?
sturner Ancient Soldier
User avatar
It was fun. That's the extent of it.

Paths of Glory on the other hand, was full of pith.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Scott Pilgrim

-Awesome
crumble Bow ties are Cool
User avatar
Legion.

Don't bother if you haven't seen it. Find the trailer, watch it - you've just seen the best parts of the whole movie, and you pretty much get the point of the show.
Did you know that if you're trying to get away from an angel-possessed zombie you can get to safety by surrounding yourself with glass? True story.

Hoards of attacking angels possessing human hosts (why?) attack a middle-of-nowhere diner, the dining room of which is surrounded by glass windows. The angel-zombie-things are completely foiled by the windows, and are entirely unable to get in. In fact, they don't even bother to break the glass.

Before the movie ends they get in a 100+mph crash. This car crash is caused by the avenging angel who is determined to kill them. None of the four people in the car - including the newborn infant and its mother - is wearing a restraint of any kind.

One girl dies. The baby is unharmed. The rest survive in good enough condition that they're able to walk away - nay, good enough that they're able to continue to fight the angel.

And climb a mountain.

And fall off said mountain, only to be able to fight some more.

And then climb the mountain again.

:goth:

I don't have the energy to go into the painfully twisted theology that went into forcing this trainwreck into something resembling a plot.


Edit: spoiler tags added per request.

Last edited by crumble on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:40 pm.

ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
use the spoiler tag please?
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
User avatar
Re-watched Batman Begins last night and found myself wondering, "Are there any American actors in this film?" (Yes, of course, I know there are, but there's an awful lot of UKers doing American accents.)
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
User avatar
Pithecanthropus wrote:
Re-watched Batman Begins last night and found myself wondering, "Are there any American actors in this film?" (Yes, of course, I know there are, but there's an awful lot of UKers doing American accents.)

The one thing I love about the Tomb Raider movie is that all the actors have lame phony British accents, except Daniel Craig, who has a lame phony American accent.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
User avatar
Metacell wrote:
Pithecanthropus wrote:
Re-watched Batman Begins last night and found myself wondering, "Are there any American actors in this film?" (Yes, of course, I know there are, but there's an awful lot of UKers doing American accents.)

The one thing I love about the Tomb Raider movie is that all the actors have lame phony British accents, except Daniel Craig, who has a lame phony American accent.


you should watch "Cold Mountain", and listen to Jude Law and Nicole Kidman try to talk with a hillbilly southern accent. (Renée Zellweger seems to come by it natural)
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
Zell's a Texas girl, I believe.
True Grit, i liked it.
Tekken, released in Japan last year.

It's such crap that the video game had a better story. Even the CG characters' acting was better.
bratboy wrote:
justine wrote:
bratboy wrote:
Black Swan. What a stick fiddling trip.

Is it as good as they say, though?


I really haven't read much about it, and the one review I heard (on Fresh Air, I think?) wasn't terribly positive.

Like all of his films, it's incredibly over-the-top. Definitely fun, though.


I liked Black Swan. Some parts were pretty icky though.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
User avatar
j_tso wrote:
Tekken, released in Japan last year.

It's such crap that the video game had a better story. Even the CG characters' acting was better.

Wow, they made a movie of Tekken? Let me guess, it's like the low-rent Steet Fighter ripoff? (as if it got worse)
crumble Bow ties are Cool
User avatar
The King's Speech

http://www.kingsspeech.com/

Not the kind of movie I typically seek out, but it was funny, engaging, interesting and informative. Go see it; it's good.
Metacell wrote:
j_tso wrote:
Tekken, released in Japan last year.

It's such crap that the video game had a better story. Even the CG characters' acting was better.

Wow, they made a movie of Tekken? Let me guess, it's like the low-rent Steet Fighter ripoff? (as if it got worse)

Pretty much. Lower budget, and while it was filmed in English it was obviously not the first language of most of the actors.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 196