What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 198
Online now: Bing (sucks)
I watched Bowling for Columbine on Netflix last night.

I then found myself researching the Columbine Massacre, reading minute-by-minute accounts of it based on the FBI investigation. Quite horrifying, but fascinating at the same time.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I saw the Town the other night. Go see it, it was magnificent.
Saw Easy A last week. It's really funny!
Kung Fu Hustle. Love it.
crumble Bow ties are Cool
justine Elitist Beer Lover
The Back Up plan. Cute.
user Stupid cockwomble
The Incredible Hulk, Norton version.

Pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was THAT much better than the Ang Lee version. It pretty much just picked up the story at the point the first movie left off and had better Hulk animation. Liked the Bill Bixby and Lou Feringno cameos.
Bill Bixby?

.tsooJ
Alien wrote:
Bill Bixby?

.tsooJ

He appears in the latest Hulk movie via a TV showing an episode of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" (1969-1972) in which Bixby was the title character (i.e., the father) and which preceded his TV series "The Incredible Hulk" (1977-1982) in which he played Dr. Banner.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Alien wrote:
Bill Bixby?

.tsooJ

The Hulk will NEVER DIE!
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Invictus. Good, but a little schmaltzy.
DEyncourt wrote:
Alien wrote:
Bill Bixby?
He appears in the latest Hulk movie via a TV showing an episode of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father"
Ah, OK. I would call that a reference, not a cameo, though. An easter egg, if you will.

.tsooJ
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, that's more precise.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Othello, with Lawrence Fishburn.

Lust! Lies! Betrayal! Murder!

They just don't write 'em like that anymore!
Loved that version. Mostly because Branagh made such an excellent Iago!

Went to The Social Network last night. Pretty decent film, almost made me feel sorry for the dude that is a billionaire... but not quite.
Aaron Sorkin (who wrote the screenplay for "The Social Network") on the Colbert Report of September 30, 2010:
Quote:
I do think that socializing on the Internet is to socializing what reality TV is to reality.

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Warin wrote:
Loved that version. Mostly because Branagh made such an excellent Iago!

Yeah, he stole the show.
DEyncourt wrote:
Aaron Sorkin (who wrote the screenplay for "The Social Network") on the Colbert Report of September 30, 2010:
Quote:
I do think that socializing on the Internet is to socializing what reality TV is to reality.

Aaron Sorkin is so awesome.
The movie is apparently not terribly accurate, however.

How about Branagh's Hamlet? I haven't seen that in a while....
Grilled Muffin Hearty whole-grain goodness
Downloaded The Room last week, watched it with and without Rifftrax. Amusing and amazingly bad, respectively.
More of a miniseries than a movie, I just saw "Tin Man."

I wish I could say "wow." I really do. Except for the ending, which felt like they got tired of producing the thing and said "fiddlesticks it, we're done!" I could.

Seriously, they really fell on their face with that ending. It's one of the worst cases of a great leadup to a dismal failure of an ending that I've ever seen.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
It's one of the worst cases of a great leadup to a dismal failure of an ending that I've ever seen.

Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination, grasshopper
The journey was quite good. The destination was full of sappy, happy ending for all, good-guys-don't-kill-bad-guys platitudes which were cut off so abruptly that I was sure there'd be something to wrap it up in the credits. There wasn't.

What about the massive, massive psychologist's bill that she's going to have to have after having the ancient witch commit atrocities using her body for sixteen years? I'm not sure I buy that Azkadellia was quite so well-adjusted after going through that experience.

And then they left a bunch unfinished. Was Glitch reunited with his brain? Was Azkadellia simply accepted by the kingdom again? What about Zero? Are the longcoats just going to accept that they're not NAZIs anymore? Where's the rest of the story, man?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I think they wanted to leave a door open for a sequel, but they didn't have any 'rasslers in it, so it didn't get made.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Frank Miller's The Spirit.

It was... not bad. But nowhere near Sin City or 300.
Furry Vengeance. Cute for little kids. My granddaughter was LOL a lot.
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke wrote:
I think they wanted to leave a door open for a sequel, but they didn't have any 'rasslers in it, so it didn't get made.

OZ? They didn't have to leave a door open. The sequels are already written.

Just saw AI again. But I swear that the dvd version left off some scenes that was in the theatrical release...while they where spending a couple of thousand years trapped in frozen water, didn't the teddy bear turn to David and say that he was running out of power and would have to shut down? I also remember details about the ship's lights cutting off.

The DVD had just a static scene with a voice-over.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
didn't the teddy bear turn to David and say that he was running out of power and would have to shut down? I also remember details about the ship's lights cutting off.

I remember that, I think.
I watched AI on HBO, I've never seen the DVD version.
user Stupid cockwomble
Usually the dvd version has more stuff. I wonder if Steven is pulling another Lucas, like he did with ET.
I saw Letters To Juliet. It was ok at best.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Trekkies 2

They're everywhere.
We watched:

The Crazies
Creepshow (Not nearly as good as I remember. It's not scary and Stephen King is a wasteful actor.)
Return of the Living Dead 2
Survival of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead (Snyder)
Scanners (I'd never seen this one, and really liked it)

I think that's everything.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.
Robert DeNero and Kenneth Branagh.
Really, really good!
Get Him To The Greek. It was okm but you won't be missing anything if you don't see it.
Random User Sackboy's Master
Toy Story 3!!!!
If HBO counts Amelia.
user Stupid cockwomble
Four Rooms.
Little Shop Of Horrors - the only musical I've ever liked.
Mamma Mia.

I, I… holy human waste.

.tsooJ
You've either had a revelation or a conniption, share.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Much Ado About Nothing
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 198