What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
oops, forgot one: Paranoid Park. It was certainly forgettable.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Watched Kick-Ass last night, amazing as it was in the theatre.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
JCVD

A movie about Jean-Claude Van Damme starring Jean-Claude Van Damme as Jean-Claude Van Damme, unlike any other Jean-Claude Van Damme movie. And it's actually good.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
ukimalefu wrote:
JCVD

A movie about Jean-Claude Van Damme starring Jean-Claude Van Damme as Jean-Claude Van Damme, unlike any other Jean-Claude Van Damme movie. And it's actually good.

So, its about Jean-Claude Van Damme?
justine wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
JCVD

So, its about Jean-Claude Van Damme?

Yes.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Planet 51

cute!
gozer frenchie
Scott Pilgrim vs the World

very cute - not used to seeing toronto as toronto in the movies.
user Stupid cockwomble
Zombieland.

Cute, I guess.
Zombieland rocks.

.tsooJ
21 Grams. Really liked it.
FunkyRes The artist formerly known as resedit
Not really a movie, but I just finished a marathon of S1 and S2 of Sons of Anarchy, getting ready for the Season 3 debut.

It's too bad half-sack was killed, I really liked that character, but apparently the actor wanted out of the show so they had to kill him.
FunkyRes wrote:
Not really a movie, but I just finished a marathon of S1 and S2 of Sons of Anarchy, getting ready for the Season 3 debut.

It's too bad half-sack was killed, I really liked that character, but apparently the actor wanted out of the show so they had to kill him.

Have you not heard of the spoiler tag?
FunkyRes The artist formerly known as resedit
Season 2 ended ages ago.
FunkyRes wrote:
Season 2 ended ages ago.

I've never seen any of it.
In other spoiler news, Kristin shot J.R. and Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
I fuckin' love Sons of Anarchy.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Expendables.

Disappointing in spite of low expectations.
The Beast.

Great ol' war movie.
user Stupid cockwomble
Moscow On The Hudson

Nothing like a MCA nude scene...
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Sott Pilgrim vs the World. I very much enjoyed it.
Random User Sackboy's Master
My daughter wants to see Scott Pilgrim Versus The World.

How appropriate would it be for her. She is 11 going on 12.
I'm not sure. The violence is very unrealistic and over the top, but there is a lot of it, no blood though. There's references to sex, but a lot of it would go over her head. There is one scene with a mostly undressed girl and a shirtless dude in bed.

I just don't know what's appropriate for an 11 year old girl. I remember seeing Revenge of the Nerds when I was 11.
Random User Sackboy's Master
Hmm... the violence if it's over the top doesn't concern me. She has seen Lord of the Rings as an example.

The sex references and anything putting folks in bed together gives me pause.

I'm no prude but pushing sex in her face at 11 in any form just gives me the shivers. They grow up fast enough.

Thanks for the info.
Sure thing. You should see it though, it was very entertaining.
user Stupid cockwomble
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
MCA?

Oops, I meant MCO.

Maria Conchita Olonso

:evil:
Hot Tub Time Machine and Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I liked them both.
The Expendables. What a hoot.

.tsooJ
Crazy Heart. Very good.
Two Sundays ago I saw "Inception" at an IMAX theater (and, yes, a REAL one). It has been a long time since I've seen such an interesting movie which wasn't derived from a book or other sources (like sequels). I recommend it, though not if you are looking for light fare.
Good god, those Matrix sequels stick fiddling suck.

.tsooJ
Alien wrote:
Good god, those Matrix sequels stick fiddling suck.

.tsooJ

Wait, what sequels? (note: this is basically a combination of 4 strips--the last one is the relevant one)

Actually, I wasn't too impressed by the Matrix myself. The idea of using humans as a power source took me completely out of my suspension of disbelief.
They explain that a little in The Animatrix.
ukimalefu wrote:
They explain that a little in The Animatrix.

The origins, yes, but the very idea simply made no sense to me. I had thought that the Matrix was an OK movie up to that point when they laid out the frankly stupid idea of humans as a power source. I think it was meant to be somewhat threatening in a "eat or be eaten" way, but after that I was no longer "in" the movie, only watching it.
The Matrix was okay to watch, despite the gaping plot holes. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Remember, this was 1999, many things in that film were groundbraking and utterly breath-taking, at the time. I remember sitting back in my chair in the theatre during the end credits, thinking, "what the fiddlesticks just happened?! Holy human waste, wow!"

The sequels, however, were an annoying money-grab with more of the same, and a whole lot of semi-philosophical bullcrap wedged in.

.tsooJ
The Wild Bunch. Awesome, as always.
Alien wrote:
The Matrix was okay to watch, despite the gaping plot holes. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Remember, this was 1999, many things in that film were groundbraking and utterly breath-taking, at the time. I remember sitting back in my chair in the theatre during the end credits, thinking, "what the fiddlesticks just happened?! Holy human waste, wow!"

The sequels, however, were an annoying money-grab with more of the same, and a whole lot of semi-philosophical bullcrap wedged in.

.tsooJ

Oh, no question the cinematography was outstanding, and use of CGI was ground-breaking--it is, after all, where "Bullet Time" came from. On the other hand, it is possible that I could have been more forgiving of a lesser movie: what--they couldn't afford a couple of hundred of thousands of dollars for a decent plot idea?

I've written about this idea before (though not here at MacStack) so forgive me if I repeat myself. Instead of the people as power idea, they could have explained it thus: we machines needed additional computing power, and what is more complex than the human brain? With you silly humans only using 10% of your brains* we can make use of the rest for our purposes. We tried just putting you humans into a simple and safe mental environment but this had the wrong effect: it made your brains less complex, even simple to the point of being useless to us. We had to put you into an environment which resembled your life before we took over.

* Yeah, it's an incorrect meme but it is out there.

EDIT: added a missing "the".

Last edited by DEyncourt on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 195