What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
user wrote:
What's the deal with that new superhero Will Smith flick?

http://io9.com/389810/the-trouble-with-hancock
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I plan on seeing that one.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
matt wrote:
No Country For Old Men

It was a good movie, but it was strange seeing my bank's building and the other skyscraper next to it in the background and realizing that at least part of that movie was filmed within about a mile of my home.

And then I realized that was probably the reason my sister waited on Tommy Lee Jones about two years ago, and that was really strange too.

I met Tommy Lee Jones at my aunt's house. They were shooting "Coal Miner's Daughter" in her backyard.
He was drunk, and he seemed a little unhappy that I really hadn't seen any of his work; but when i was introduced to Levon Helm, I said, "Oh, Yes! Virgil Kane!"
Levon was really nice. Tommy lee Jones was a bit of an uncouth individual.
sean Royal Wombat
Haven't seen it yet, but, i just downloaded The Simpsons Movie. Haven't watched it yet, but it'll be the next movie i watch.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Just finished Episode Two as part of my Star Wars watchin' marathon - about to begin Episode Three.
sean Royal Wombat
Just finished watching The Simpsons movie.

Do do do do de do, do do, do do do do do! do do do do!
The Time Machine
oatmeal with raisins
- Ghostbusters (Classic. You can never go wrong.)

- Snakes on a Plane (It was sitting there and I had nothing better to do at the time. Laughed at all the parts that were supposed to be scary or suspenseful, just groaned at a few of the more gratuitous bits)

- The whole Aliens series (Just the Sigourney Weaver ones. None of the AvP nonsense)

- 300 (Wow!)
- Meet the Spartans ( :der: )
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I finally saw I Am Legend. It wasn't bad.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Have you seen 28 Days Later?
matt wrote:

No. Is it similar?
justine wrote:
matt wrote:

No. Is it similar?

Yeah. Lone(ish) guy faced with horde of rageaholics.
ukimalefu wrote:
The Time Machine

The old George Pal one?
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
justine wrote:
matt wrote:

No. Is it similar?

and much better, if you ask me.
John wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
justine wrote:
matt wrote:

No. Is it similar?

and much better, if you ask me.

Meh.
Conner Of Gallifrey
It is. The sound track rocks too!
evilpoptart414 wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
The Time Machine

The old George Pal one?

The most recent one, not the original.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/
ukimalefu wrote:
evilpoptart414 wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
The Time Machine

The old George Pal one?

My memory's a bit fuzzy, but didn't the remake suck ass?
Prince Caspian.

Teehee.

The best part was when the male centaurs marched out. That's when the lady sitting next to me said outloud, "Mm mm mm!"
I just saw Prince Caspian too, some parts were pretty high on the unintentional comedy scale.
John wrote:
I just saw Prince Caspian too, some parts were pretty high on the unintentional comedy scale.

:D Everytime Prince Caspian and Susan kind of looked at each other but kind of didn't, everyone in the audience started giggling. And, said lady sitting next to me had this habit of laughing AFTER everyone else had finished laughing. And she had this short, deep kind of laugh, this loud, "HAH! HAH!"
sean Royal Wombat
I just saw the 3rd Pirates movie (At Worls End), and i re-watched Hot Fuzz
oatmeal with raisins
Adagia wrote:
Prince Caspian.

Teehee.

The best part was when the male centaurs marched out. That's when the lady sitting next to me said outloud, "Mm mm mm!"

"We could collect nuts!"

"(excited) And throw them at the Tellmarines! (sarcastic) Right. Shut up."

:lol:
Adagia wrote:
John wrote:

:D Everytime Prince Caspian and Susan kind of looked at each other but kind of didn't, everyone in the audience started giggling. And, said lady sitting next to me had this habit of laughing AFTER everyone else had finished laughing. And she had this short, deep kind of laugh, this loud, "HAH! HAH!"

Absolutely!

Also, how about when everyone was saying "For Aslan", and then the bear chimes in with his own "For Aslan", but he sounds exactly like Sloth from the Goonies. The entire theatre bust out laughing.
The nuts line was hilarious. The mice and the squirrel were just great, IMO.

Yep, everyone started laughing when that bear talked.

The third Pirates movie: great eye candy, but much like the rest of the Pirates franchise, too difficult to sit through again when you know what's going to happen (or when you know that nothing will happen in the movie a la 2nd movie).

I need to buy Hot Fuzz...
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
evilpoptart414 wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
The Time Machine

The old George Pal one?

My memory's a bit fuzzy, but didn't the remake suck ass?

Your memory on this is not fuzzy. The remake of the Time Machine simply stunk. The only decent thing was the time machine itself.

Save your time and money, and check out the original, George Pal directed version. It's actually quite good for early 60's movie making technology.
Vantage Point....it was pretty pedestrian.
Although I will be taking in Indiana Jones and the Long Movie Title tonight, and I expect my mind to be blown. :D
Indiana Jones!!!

(I, too, cannot remember the full title..)

Once again, the best part about it was the audience reaction! ESPECIALLY because I saw it with a bunch of archaeology professors and grad students from my department! Oh man, did they laugh at all of the parts where the movie tried to do legitimate archaeology. The rest of the audience kept turning around to see what was so funny.
What parts where they tried to do legitimate archaeology? :p

It was a fun flick. Saw it today with my son and a friend of mine. Worth every penny. I am so glad they didnt butcher it.
I watched Sideways last night. Pretty good.
I saw Mad Money and Strange Wilderness.

I expected little from Mad Money and was pleasantly surprised. I expected much more from Wilderness and was deeply disappointed.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I downloaded that one when it was released.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Indiana Jones. Jesus Christ, that was a huge disappointment, worst move I've seen in years.
The legitimate archaeology parts were every time Indy tried to point out artifacts and talk about them. Also, his line where he says, "we'll talk about the difference between migration and exodus." My professors did like the part when Shia LaBeouf's character says, "You're... you're a teacher?" and Indy says, "Yeah.. Part-time."

I just saw Iron Man. Not exactly what I was expecting, and not as good as I had expected. The second half was better, though.
oatmeal with raisins
Conner wrote:
Indiana Jones. Jesus Christ, that was a huge disappointment, worst move I've seen in years.

I guess you haven't seen any fun movies lately then. I enjoyed it.
Conner Of Gallifrey
oatmeal wrote:
Conner wrote:

Indy is NOT a sci fi movie
This one was. It certainly wasn't perfect, but still executed pretty damn well.
oatmeal with raisins
Conner wrote:
oatmeal wrote:
Conner wrote:

Indy is NOT a sci fi movie

Why not? We've had the Hebrew God, the Indian Gods, the Christian God, and now Pre-Columbian South American Gods... who just turned out to be folks from an advanced culture from another dimension.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 195