What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot]
user wrote:
"Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Had yourself a li'l Brittany Murphy film festival, eh?

Don't forget Sin City!
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I liked Brittany Murphy in Girl Interrupted.

The last flick I saw was Taking Woodstock. It wasn't bad.

Last edited by justine on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:58 am.

ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
District 9

It made me think of how cruel humans can be.
The Seven Samurai

Proof that you don't need a lot of money, or computers, or color, to make a good movie.
I just saw Up In the Air.

I can understand why it was voted as one of the best movies of 2009! Up with Star Trek on the "Safari Awesomeness Meter"!
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL

WOW! I really want to see it again!
UP

Best Pixar movie since The Incredibles
safari wrote:

I can understand why it was voted as one of the best movies of 2009! Up with Star Trek on the "Safari Awesomeness Meter"!

Yeah, it was great.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
safari wrote:

ukimalefu wrote:
UP

Best Pixar movie since The Incredibles

Same movie?
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
user Stupid cockwomble
Loved the first half of UP that showed the couple meeting and living their life together. The second half with the balloon flight was just plain weird.
Star Trek. Loved it!
user wrote:
Loved the first half of UP that showed the couple meeting and living their life together. The second half with the balloon flight was just plain weird.

Personally I found it even darker than the average Pixar flick.
Dan Airman Dan
In the last two weeks I've had a bit of a movie binge for lack of much else to do up here in NY. I've gone through:
  • Sherlock Holmes
    4/5 stars: good, solid entertainment. Not as intellectual as it could have been.

• Invictus
    4.5/5: Excellent dramatization of South Africa's coming of age. The first time I've seen Apartheid portrayed seriously outside of a textbook.

• Up
    4.5/5: The first part with the couple living their life brought me to tears. The remainder of the story was cute, too. Not Pixar's strongest, but certainly not bad.

• Star Trek
    Again. 3/5: I like the movie more each time, but it's still terrible Star Trek. The effects are wrong. The bridge is in the wrong damn spot. The ship is too big. Warping looks wrong. Phasers are supposed to be beams. Starships don't shoot flak. Too many lens flares. Lame alternate universe excuse used to break with canon. Was not a TNG movie that fixed what Nemesis did to Data. On the plus side, Kirk is a cutie pie.

• Taking Woodstock
    3.5/5: Not really my kind of movie, but it was well-executed. One of the few movies that gives you male nudity as well as female nudity.

• Terminator: Salvation
    3.5/5: Nice effects. Mediocre addition to the Terminator storyline.

I'm hoping to see Avatar in 3D at the IMAX before I leave Rochester on Sunday. We shall see.
Last week I saw Julie and Julia. I iked it. I thought Merytl Streep did a great job.

I also saw The Accidental Husband. That was pretty good, too.
Dan wrote:
In the last two weeks I've had a bit of a movie binge for lack of much else to do up here in NY. I've gone through:
  • Sherlock Holmes
    4/5 stars: good, solid entertainment. Not as intellectual as it could have been.

• Invictus
    4.5/5: Excellent dramatization of South Africa's coming of age. The first time I've seen Apartheid portrayed seriously outside of a textbook.

• Up
    4.5/5: The first part with the couple living their life brought me to tears. The remainder of the story was cute, too. Not Pixar's strongest, but certainly not bad.

• Star Trek
    Again. 3/5: I like the movie more each time, but it's still terrible Star Trek. The effects are wrong. The bridge is in the wrong damn spot. The ship is too big. Warping looks wrong. Phasers are supposed to be beams. Starships don't shoot flak. Too many lens flares. Lame alternate universe excuse used to break with canon. Was not a TNG movie that fixed what Nemesis did to Data. On the plus side, Kirk is a cutie pie.

• Taking Woodstock
    3.5/5: Not really my kind of movie, but it was well-executed. One of the few movies that gives you male nudity as well as female nudity.

• Terminator: Salvation
    3.5/5: Nice effects. Mediocre addition to the Terminator storyline.

I'm hoping to see Avatar in 3D at the IMAX before I leave Rochester on Sunday. We shall see.

For a really great portrayal of what Apartheid did to people, rent Stander. It's also a great crime drama.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu wrote:
Surrogates

was that any good?
DukeofNuke wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
Surrogates

was that any good?

I liked it. So yes, It was good.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Pulp stick fiddling Fiction

It never gets old
DukeofNuke wrote:
Pulp stick fiddling Fiction

It never gets old

SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
Up.

it was one of the few movies this year that i thought translated well going from theaters to home theaters. No reliance on heavy subs, etc.
user Stupid cockwomble
The Darjeeling Limited.

About what I expected, having previously seen The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
Gamer. Wasn't near as good as i was expecting.
THX 1138

Whoa. George Lucas should do drugs again.
I watched Goodfellas again. Its such a good movie.
I saw The Time Travelers Wife yesterday and i really liked it. Now i wanna get the book.
Orion Mad Cow
ukimalefu wrote:
THX 1138

Whoa. George Lucas should do drugs again.

Yeah, saw that movie a few days ago. What. The. fiddlesticks. :brow: Worst movie I have ever seen. Ended up fast forwarding through big sections of it just to stay awake.

Just watched Pandorum last night. Loved it. Great storyline, great acting, believable characters, the whole nine yards. :D
I saw:

The Hurt Locker
The Blind Side
Planet 51
Up In The Air

All good, btw
Just watched Heaven's Gate for the first time. Legendary flop. Ruined Michael Cimino's career.

Actually quite liked it, but jumpin' Jesus was it ever long. Intermission shows up -- at 2 hours in! The stories you hear about the self-indulgent directing (tearing down the set of an entire town and having it rebuilt because the buildings were "too close together," shooting the equivalent of something like 9 days of film, on and on) ...

Anyway it's definitely a beautiful movie. Lush, epic. But slow 'n' long. Did I mention long?
Alien vs Predator 2

Uh... better than the first one? I think?

There's only one good Predator movie. It has Arnold in it.

And to be good any Alien movie must have Sigourney Weaver in it.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Zombieland, which had a surprising amount of style to it.
user Stupid cockwomble
FINALLY saw Avatar.

Pretty good flick, and the way they were promoting other 3D movies made me think 3D could easily become the next standard for theaters.

They need to keep ahead of the TV sets, you know.
Precious. Highly overrated.
Star Trek Nemesis

8 Mile

Heavy Metal
Frankenfish.

.tsooJ
justine wrote:
I saw The Time Travelers Wife yesterday and i really liked it. Now i wanna get the book.

I read the book before seeing the movie. As usual, the book fills in a lot of the story line and detail missing from the movie version. I liked this book better though its a good movie.
Kirk wrote:
justine wrote:

I read the book before seeing the movie. As usual, the book fills in a lot of the story line and detail missing from the movie version. I liked this book better though its a good movie.

I agree completely. I read the book shortly after I posted.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 195