What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 195
Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Metacell
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Oh, I thought the big deal about the director's cut was that suddenly everybody would be able to understand it without repeated viewings.

Moving the Killing Moon is definitely a poor choice.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
It was replaced with Never Tear Us Apart--which should have just been placed where Killing Moon was moved, if he was that intent upon using it.
I watch Cassandra's Dream last night.

While I don't mind looking at Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor for an hour-and-a-half, the plot kind of falls apart at the end.

Reminiscent of (what I believe was) Woody Allen's last 'thriller,' Match Point (which I enjoyed more).
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Constantine

The day the Earth stood still

(the Keanu Reeves double feature was a coincidence, ok? One was on tv, the other was a DVD. I liked both movies)
Just watched "Sixteen Candles" with the lady (she hadn't seen it).

There were some clever moments, but holy human waste is it dated. The characters repeatedly calling each other "cigarette" for example, and passing the prom queen around like she was a slab of beef. Plus the racist stereotype of the Asian guy. Think of the protests if they'd tried to make it nowadays!

Still, apart from that it was enjoyable.
Random User Sackboy's Master
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Plus the racist stereotype of the Asian guy. Think of the protests if they'd tried to make it nowadays!

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food."
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
Gran Turino. The first Clint Eastwood movie I've seen.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Macskeeball wrote:
Gran Turino. The first Clint Eastwood movie I've seen.

If you've never seen The Good The Bad And The Ugly or any of the Dirty Harry flicks you are really missing out.
17 Again
(Blog post formatted review)

In my last blog post, I talked about how I was mad that I had to watch the movie 17 Again on my flight to Portland. I watched the movie once on the 6 hour flight, and I came away with some pretty stark impressions of it.

Before I say anything else, I must apologize. I was wrong in my last post to say that the movie sucked. It didn’t.

No, instead, it more than sucked. I am currently unable to think of a word powerful enough to describe the movie.

Filled with absolutely drop-dead awful acting, the most canned lines I have ever heard (worse, even, than Taken), and some scenes that simply made my skin crawl.

Not only that, but I had an immensely hard time following the convoluted plot. Bear with me as I try to explain:

A guy is old. He wishes he was 17 Again (hence the title of the movie).

He gets sucked through some giant wormhole thing in the sky. He becomes 17 Again. Around this point is where I start to realize that perhaps this isn’t going to be an amazing movie.

Random crap starts happening. Said random crap continues for around 30 minutes, seemingly without any reason whatsoever.

17-Again guy (Zac Efron) hosts a party at his “dad’s” (actually one of his friends? I think? I was kinda confused by this whole thing...) house. He is caught by his “dad” and his “dad’s” crush, who is, I believe 17-Again kid’s wife?

17-Again guy makes out with his wife (from when he was “old”), which is kinda (read: VERY) nasty. 40 year minimum age difference. And they got into it.

More random crap happens for another 30 minutes.

Zac Efron somehow goes through another time-warp-hole-thing and becomes himself again. Tacky.

End Credits roll. The credits suck. Sorry guys, but when even the end credits suck, the movie ain’t that good.

And for all you girls who “loved it” (name cut out) and have “seen it twice, in theaters, and enjoyed every second of it” (name cut out), please feel free to ignore this entire post.

I think I am finally recovering from the extensive internal hemorrhaging incurred by watching this movie
sturner Ancient Soldier
The first half of Gettysburg.

:( bummer, I didn't realize that I'd only ripped the first half to my iTouch.
The Hurt Locker

Kinda depressing movie, a sorta shallow plot, but very meaningful and powerful. Slightly gore filled and nerveracking at times.

In the Loop

Really funny, but not family appropriate, comedy movie about US and British politics and going to war.

I laughed at least every 10 seconds. Not much of a plot, but really funny.

Taking Chance

HBO Film; probably one of the most powerful movies I have ever seen (up there with The Guardian) and it told a really powerful story. One of the few movies I have cried during. You should rent it off of Netflix or get it off the iTunes Store.
sturner wrote:
The first half of Gettysburg.

:( bummer, I didn't realize that I'd only ripped the first half to my iTouch.

Yeah, its a 2 sided disc. I didn't realize that either. :heh:
sturner Ancient Soldier
At least I got to see the climax of Day 2. Chamberlain's defense of the Union right flank on Little Round Top.

"BAYONETS!!!!!!!"
sturner wrote:
At least I got to see the climax of Day 2. Chamberlain's defense of the Union right flank on Little Round Top.

"BAYONETS!!!!!!!"

Yeah. That was such a good movie. :)
sturner Ancient Soldier
Read the book it's based upon, Michael Shaara's "Killer Angels".
Damn, you didn't even get a chance to see how the battle turns out!
sturner Ancient Soldier
I kinda have a feeling how it did end, though.

:)
Hint: Pickett saves the day with a courageous charge!
sturner Ancient Soldier
I'm sure Lt. Cushing would be comforted.

Battery A, 4th U.S. Arty.
sturner wrote:
Read the book it's based upon, Michael Shaara's "Killer Angels".

Excelent book: well written and well researched. Michael shaara's son also has some good civil war books as well as being the the middle of writting a historical fiction world war II trilogy. The first 2 books are really good!
Just watched 'Doubt,' probably the best movie I've seen in awhile.

Can't go wrong with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep.
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
I Love You Man. I think the only redeeming factors were all the Rush scenes. Real Rush and them doing Rush.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Terminator: Salvation

Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles was much better than this movie or the previous one.
If you people don't go watch District 9, I don't know you.
Dragon Wars. Ugh.
justine wrote:
Dragon Wars. Ugh.

I didn't know you were a masochist.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Phydeaux wrote:
justine wrote:
Dragon Wars. Ugh.

I didn't know you were a masochist, too.

fixed

;)
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Just saw "Zachariah".

Don Johnson was cooler in the 70s.

And Elvin Jones was always cool.

Also, gay cowboy jewfro.
sean Royal Wombat
I just watched M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening on OnDemand.
Phydeaux wrote:
If you people don't go watch District 9, I don't know you.

I would see it. But I'm not over 18, it's rated R, I dont' have a fake ID, and my parents don't plan on taking me. :brow:
The age to be able to purchase tickets to R-rated movies is 17, not 18.
matt wrote:
The age to be able to purchase tickets to R-rated movies is 17, not 18.

:heh: Yeah, uh, I'm not 17 either...

2. More. Years. :goth:
I bought tickets to R-rated movies before I was 17. I'd just walk up, say the name of the movie as if I was above 17, and they'd hand me the ticket(s).
user Stupid cockwomble
Wear a fake mustache.
Vacation. Chevy Chase & company. Haven't seen it in years. Great flick!
matt wrote:
I bought tickets to R-rated movies before I was 17. I'd just walk up, say the name of the movie as if I was above 17, and they'd hand me the ticket(s).

They (by law) check ID here in VA. :roll: Heck, even my parents get carded.
By law? Hell, I thought that movie ratings were a suggestion, not something that could legally be enforced. How the hell did that happen? The MPAA isn't a government agency, so why is the government taking their suggested ratings as the end-all, be-all?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 195