What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 156
Online now: gd, Google [Bot], mmaverick
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Kubo and the Two Strings. Really enjoyed that.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Suicide Squad
TOS
It wasn't great, but liked it. They probably coulda done more with it, but it was worth seeing.
TOS
apparently the studio made serious changes ... that rarely leads to improvements
Pal Joey (1957) Frank Sinatra, Rita Hayworth, Kim Novak. Great role for Sinatra. He Sings "The Lady Is A Tramp" at Hayworth.
I watched Rear Window last night. Still my favorite Hitchcock flick. Alfred Hitchcock is the greatest filmmaker of all time.
TOS
passengers

it wasn't awful, i guess
dv
Used Cars (1980)

Funny in spots, but IMO it tries too hard.
Metacell Akashic Space Warrior
The Maltese Falcon--not the 1941 version with Humphrey Bogart, but the pre-code 1931 version starring Ricardo Cortez as Sam Spade. Because it's pre-code, it contains a lot of sexual suggestion, lewdness, and homosexual references not found in the later version. Entertaining.
user Stupid cockwomble
dv posted:
Used Cars (1980)

That was the movie I saw on broadcast TV where the actor exclaiming "Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ!" got turned into "Keys and Rice! Keys and Rice!"

Fun times in Southern network censorship.
dv
user posted:
dv posted:
Used Cars (1980)

That was the movie I saw on broadcast TV where the actor exclaiming "Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ!" got turned into "Keys and Rice! Keys and Rice!"

I bet they cut out the nudity but left in the murder.
user posted:
dv posted:
Used Cars (1980)

That's a load of bullwash!
"Stupid!"
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
juice Inadvertently correct
You scum bums couldn't close an umbrella!
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
justine posted:
I watched Rear Window last night. Still my favorite Hitchcock flick. Alfred Hitchcock is the greatest filmmaker of all time.

We watched "The Man Who Knew Too Much" last night. I could have sworn I'd seen it before, but I became convinced as it went along that I had only seen bits. Another GREAT Hitchcock film.
Pithecanthropus posted:
justine posted:

We watched "The Man Who Knew Too Much" last night. I could have sworn I'd seen it before, but I became convinced as it went along that I had only seen bits. Another GREAT Hitchcock film.

Yes, it is! I think i've seen every one of his, but aside from a handful, i probably won't remember them.
Pithecanthropus posted:
justine posted:

Maybe you saw the first and not the second.
Mothra (1961)

Family friendly monster movie. Mothra is not an atomic horror out to destroy a city, but to retrieve what was stolen from its island. There was a surprising number of Westerners in this movie speaking Japanese, or at least mouthing it convincingly for dubbing.
To Catch A Thief (1955) I liked that the French people spoke French to each other. Grace Kelly's character was inconsistent. Not as good as I remembered but a perfect role for Grant.

An American In Paris (1951) A movie built around Gershwin's music. The 15 minute ballet sequence was great on a big screen. Never much cared for Gene Kelly's voice. The music has wormed its way into my brain for days.
Star Wars Rogue One

:D :up: Image
The Rock (1996) -- Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage, directed by Michael Bay, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Yeah, I missed it when it came out but heard positive stuff. Say what you want about the superhero overload, but I'm thankful they put a death sentence on mundane hackneyed pseudo-cop military action thrillers like this which were standard cinema fodder throughout the 80's and 90's. Car chases and explosions. San Fransploitation is about all it has going for it. Also, can I just state for the record that Bay and Bruckheimer are the worst filmmakers in the history of the universe? At least Uwe Boll has the sleaze factor - you know up front you're getting ripped off. I regret losing the time it took to watch this film, which in restrospect is a precursor to the National Treasure movies which I've successfully avoided like the plague.
user Stupid cockwomble
The crazy genius that Connery played make the first part interesting but i turn it off once they get to the island.
Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

I had one of those rare viewing experiences where you see a movie for the hundredth time, but you're able to watch it with the same wonder you did the first time you saw it. It made for an exhilarating viewing experience. What a GREAT movie!!
The Bad and the Beautiful (1952) Kirk Douglas, Lana Turner. Douglas is a driven film producer who eats his way through his friends and the scenery. Great stuff.
TOS
you only live twice ... james bond undergoes cosmetic surgery to appear japanese in order to explore every possible asian stereotype imaginable while mysoginistically treating asian women as completely disposable sex toys

plus rockets, a crater base and an autogyro
I met the autogyro pilot. My old man flew his two seat version.
I watched Trolls with my granddaughter. It was cute.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS posted:
you only live twice ... james bond undergoes cosmetic surgery to appear japanese in order to explore every possible asian stereotype imaginable while mysoginistically treating asian women as completely disposable sex toys

Love the hot tub scene. "In Japan, the man always comes first!"
TOS
DukeofNuke posted:
TOS posted:

Love the hot tub scene. "In Japan, the man always comes first!"

oh man, i couldn't believe that line!
"I just might retire here!"

Also, he looked more Romulan than Asian.
user Stupid cockwomble
We do not discuss it with outsiders.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
It set the bar for super villains, though.
Hollowed-out volcano. Private army. Private space program. Piranha death pool.

Even as a little kid, I thought, "If you have the kind of money that takes, why bother trying to set the world on fire? To be king of the ashes?"
One of the movies that formed my goal for an island lair.
TOS posted:

I think that might be one of the best descriptions of that movie I've ever read.
Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) Paul Newman, Dwight Schultz, John Cusack. Junk. A great story badly told. Overly long. Some important scenes are out of sequence. No focus.

The TV movie that came out at the same time called "Day One" was better.
user Stupid cockwomble
Newman had to gain a lot of weight so he could play Fat Man.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ribtor posted:
Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) Paul Newman, Dwight Schultz, John Cusack. Junk. A great story badly told. Overly long. Some important scenes are out of sequence. No focus.

The TV movie that came out at the same time called "Day One" was better.

You know, Slotin has been made into some kind of hero; but if he had been observing established safety protocols, that "tickling the dragon's tail" accident would never have happened.
I saw that movie a few weeks ago. I didn't think it was as bad as ribby has advertised it, though I have seen a better one based on the events. I can't recall what it was called, though.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What was the last movie you saw?

Page: 1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 156