VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Pariah, ukimalefu
maurvir Outlier
Warin posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Oh my god. I love Stephen Colbert.

This. So much this... :up:
ukimalefu Wasn't me
maurvir Outlier
ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu Wasn't me
dv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeQsZupdMhU

Can't unsee (Nothing super-crazy, except in a National Geographic, "Nature is stick fiddled Up" kinda way.)
obvs Eating chickens is for the bourgeoisie
maurvir Outlier
obvs posted:

Thanks. I needed that. :up:
maurvir Outlier
dv
ukimalefu Wasn't me
This is a really cool interactive music video. You go up in a weather balloon watching as the sky turns from bright blue to pitch black until the balloon bursts than you parachute down back to earth. (HINT: use your mouse to pan the camera around).
Video series from BBC: "Mystery of the 'blast-proof' material". About an hour long in 5-6 minute chunks.

Lesson to be learned from this: you CAN be too paranoid for your own good. Also, you can let an idealized "perfect" defeat the "good enough". Sure, there is talk about how if Starlite had been used just as the paint over the flammable cladding material in Grenfell Tower that most if not all of the lives lost in that incident might have been saved, but all such talk is merely theoretical.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
maurvir Outlier
maurvir Outlier
TOS
We've had lots of videos in this thread with people being surprised though very pleased when being approached by whales, right?

Here's the other side: people on a boat panic, one calls 911 when a humpback whale checks out their boat.
File this under "Stupid human waste that people put up on Facebook": man put into jail in part for posting video showing how to remove an ankle monitor without breaking it. Video at link.

On his Facebook account he brags about frequent trips he's taken out of state (Missouri) while being so "monitored".
maurvir Outlier
dv
ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu Wasn't me
dv
ukimalefu Wasn't me
maurvir Outlier
Lange Feat. Stine Grove - Crossroads

This is a shortened remix, but I actually feel it is a better version than the original (which tended to wander a bit)
TOS
ukimalefu Wasn't me
Harrison Ford inserted into 'Solo'

And in case you're wondering, the top comment asks for Billy Dee Williams to be included.

-

By the way I did like Solo, and thought Donald Glover was great as Lando, but yeah... there's only one real Han Solo.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
https://vimeo.com/28278839

stop motion Johnny Quest intro
Enjoy your pork.

Smithfield is the world's largest pork company. Hampton Roads is in Virginia.
DukeofNuke posted:
https://vimeo.com/28278839

stop motion Johnny Quest intro

I posted this near the time this video was first created, but just watching it again made me grin.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
Test to simulate a "heavy" drone smashing into a small aircraft wing at 238 MPH. Video at link.

At 2.1 pounds the drone is bigger (and more expensive) than most but it is available. Keep in mind that this is really simulating an idealized situation of the drone striking the wing almost exactly on the wing's front edge.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
'The "Lost" Empire Strikes Back Documentary by Michel Parbot (1980)'.

An hour-long and some of the audio is a bit creaky in that at times it is badly out of tune, but worth your time even if you are not a "Star Wars" fan just to watch some of the incredible effort and detail that goes into making such movies.

There is an early segment where Mark Hamill is kvetching how Luke Skywalker never had a chance to capture Princess Leia's heart because those characters got separated early on. "Give me three weeks with her in hyperspace and I might make a few points. SO burned about by that" (with obvious fake anger as Carrie Fisher is shown grinning). All three actors talk about their characters' romantic triangle, so obviously George Lucas hadn't yet told them about future revelations.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112