VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot], Kirk, Majestic-12 [Bot]
dv
dv
Couple in Western Australia find a message-in-a-bottle thrown into the ocean 131 years ago. YouTube video at link.

There was an on-going project on German ships of that time period for which they had tossed out such messages-in-bottles asking the people who found them to contact someone in Germany reporting where and when the bottle was found. The log book for the Paula showed that this bottle was tossed on June 12, 1866, into the Indian Ocean. The handwriting in that log book matched the very faded writing on the note all-but-certainly proving that it was the captain who wrote the entries in the fill-in spaces of that message-in-a-bottle.

Most likely the bottle may have spent about year in the water before landing on the beach in Western Australia, but only the happenstance of recent storms may have removed enough covering sand to unearth the bottle. The area where the bottle was found was so remote that--aside from some "experienced" 4-wheeled vehicle drivers--up to 6 years ago there wasn't a road into the area.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:

the thin grey line
dv
Farmer in Hawaii demonstrates how to make his own chocolate from "Tree to Bar".

22 minutes long but worth the time just to see the number of steps.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
dv posted:

That's really pretty special. I do have great regrets about not being an adult in 1973.
Kitty Hawk/Zephyr Airworks introduces "Cora", an electric self-piloting VTOL "air taxi".

Kitty Hawk is the name in the US while Zephyr Airworks is the name in New Zealand.

You might note the differences between Cora and an earlier prototype.
dv
DEyncourt posted:

That's amazing.

That roof made absolutely no architectural sense, though. It was like a bad parody of a house from mcmansionhell.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
ukimalefu posted:

Ahem.

Not that I EVER really mind, and if the traffic in THIS category is higher than that for Music videos, then I'm all for promoting Ms. Chenoweth.

While Chenoweth made her biggest splash as Ginda opposite Idina Menzel's Elphaba in the original cast for "Wicked" starting in late 2003, I first noticed her when she was on "A Prairie Home Companion" in (I think) 2001 where one of the songs she performed was "The Girl in 14G" (that link is to another performance). This was one of the few times when a singer's performance got me to go out to pick up her--it turned out: debut solo--CD with that song ("Let Yourself Go" being the title of that CD and its first song).
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Ahem.

Not that I EVER really mind, and if the traffic in THIS category is higher than that for Music videos, then I'm all for promoting Ms. Chenoweth.

While Chenoweth made her biggest splash as Ginda opposite Idina Menzel's Elphaba in the original cast for "Wicked" starting in late 2003, I first noticed her when she was on "A Prairie Home Companion" in (I think) 2001 where one of the songs she performed was "The Girl in 14G" (that link is to another performance). This was one of the few times when a singer's performance got me to go out to pick up her--it turned out: debut solo--CD with that song ("Let Yourself Go" being the title of that CD and its first song).

Sometimes, I put videos from the youtube thread on my "watch later" playlist, and then forget where I got them from and repost them here, so maybe that's where I found it. :heh:

And it's just my personal opinion that live performances are not really "music videos", so I prefer to put them here.
The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds

I have been trying to figure out who made this song for ages. I found this on Fark, of all places.
user Stupid cockwomble
Quote:
This song is 25 years old. Those who were born after this song was out - are now adults. And the song is still relevant.

Quote:
This song was recorded in 1990!!!!! Nothing can be more actual, even 26 years later.

:lol:

Never read the comments.
'“ANDY SERKIS” RECITES SHAKESPEARE IN INCREDIBLE REAL-TIME MOTION CAPTURE'.

Apologies for the all-caps. YouTube videos at link.

Mind you: the first video is NOT of Andy Serkis. While the audio is of him reciting from "MacBeth", the video is a recording that was generated in real time which used his face as its base.

There is a second demo video which used Osiris Black from a game(?) called 3Lateral.
Boo Boo Runs Wild - Adult Swim

An "episode of Yogi Bear" made by John Kricfalusi that it's basically an episode of Ren and Stimpy with different characters.

NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN
dv
dv
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
John Oliver explains Bitcoin
(apologizes if this has been previously posted)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iDZspbRMg
dv
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 132