VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot]
Fireball over Michigan captured on video on night of January 16th.

There are reports that some people heard a sonic boom-like sound and that seismometers had recorded a 2.0 quake, so some people have suggested that people along its path might check the snow for fragments, BUT chances are that this meteor was quite small--some estimates have it being between 1-2 meters across (contrasted against the 20-meter meteor over Chelaybinsk)--and that the quake likely was due to that explosion that you can see as the fireball flashes at the end of its visible path and NOT due to a ground impact.
Drone run by lifeguards deploys floatation device to two swimmers in trouble in Australia.

This system was only on test run when the testers came upon this situation.

My guess is that those swimmers got caught in a riptide.

More details on the program.
dv
DEyncourt posted:
Drone run by lifeguards deploys floatation device to two swimmers in trouble in Australia.

This system was only on test run when the testers came upon this situation.

My guess is that those swimmers got caught in a riptide.

More details on the program.

Does that mean we can replace "Finding Sarah Connor" jokes about drones with "Come with me if you want to live" jokes?
justine Elitist Beer Lover
This video is crazy! It's a boat ramming another boat with 3 people in it. The article is worth reading, too.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/01/ ... o-lawsuit/
TOS
justine posted:
This video is crazy! It's a boat ramming another boat with 3 people in it. The article is worth reading, too.

Ahem.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
^^ Not just any floppy disks, the big giant ones you saw when you were a kid that look like square black Manila envelopes.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
justine Elitist Beer Lover
DEyncourt posted:
justine posted:

Ahem.

How do i keep missing this stuff!!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DEyncourt posted:
Lawsuit in case of smaller boat being run over by larger boat which was captured by camera. Video at link.

This incident happened near the mouth of the Columbia River on this past August 12th.
Quote:
Larsen [the driver of the larger boat], a Roseburg resident, told The Oregonian/OregonLive by phone Friday that he wasn't using his cellphone while driving his Bayliner and referred to such allegations as "fake news." Larsen also said a lawsuit seemed unnecessary because the people in the Weldcraft weren't hurt badly.

The criminal case is ongoing. Larsen has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor crimes of reckless operation of a boat, fourth-degree assault and recklessly endangering the lives of others.

Oh fiddlesticks this guy 72 times. Careless arrogant power boat drives are a scourge of the waterways. I can't count the times I have nearly been run over by some lout in a powerboat when I was sailing or canoing. I mean...seriously, how do you not see a sailboat flying several hundred sqft of brightly colored sail?
Chain an anchor to his feet and toss him in the river.
WTF metal music video, the songs is called 'social stick fiddler', so maybe don't play it loud at work or around kids. They only say in the chorus, but I think the rest of the song is in french

https://youtu.be/BXSUekriUck
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
How to use John Conway's algorithm to figure out the day of the week for any date.

Conway is best known for his Game of Life.

I guess it should be noted that this works only for dates following the adoption of the Gregorian calendar.
user Stupid cockwomble
Pariah Know Your Enemy
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
dv
dv
dv posted:
I do hope they keep this live for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M

Maybe have this playing in the background from another tab.
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
I do hope they keep this live for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M

Maybe have this playing in the background from another tab.

If things go according to schedule: at 6:42 pm PST the rocket sending the car into interplanetary orbit should fire.
Rats! According to various reports (with pics here and here) the rocket burn was visible from the US west coast.

Missed it myself.
dv
Ehang (of China) demos its EHANG 184 Autonomous Aerial Vehicle.

Though it should be pointed out that there are TWO models shown--one with 4 sets of horizontal propellers AND only one passenger seat, the other with 8 sets with two passenger seats--though both are labeled "Ehang 184".

As with other such vehicles, I have to wonder about how loud this is and how much of a downdraft it creates (likely not as much as helicopter but still troublesome). And while this is a promotional video, I also have to wonder how well it can survive the loss--say, from a bird strike--of one set of propellers. I can imagine that the version with 8 sets is probably much safer in case of such an accident.

And the background music is kinda funny considering dv's post immediately above
Interview of archivist Dr. Christopher de Hamel of the Parker Library.

A very fortunate man in a position that he obviously loves.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 132