VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
dv
Ribtor posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Fun!

I have a relative with a heavy southern accent that he's always trying to suppress.

I love accents.

Why suppress it? Run for office!
Yikes! Passenger in bungee swing ride near Paris falls out of seat but her feet were still attached. With her head just feet from the landing platform, personnel got her ride to stop by grabbing at her as she swung by.
Fireball seen over LA last night.

According to the poster: "around 9PM on our dash-cam. We were driving SE on I5, north of downtown Los Angeles."
dv
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFuF-zoVzA

Making an iPhone 6S the hard way. The REALLY hard way.
dv
maurvir posted:

Wait... you have to leave the house? Why not just order the parts on eBay?
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Wait... you have to leave the house? Why not just order the parts on eBay?

That's the moderately hard way. This guy wanted to do it the exceptionally hard way. The easy way is to buy the whole flipping phone in one piece and possibly have to repair a broken bit.
Every Star Wars fan should watch this tribute to Carrie Fischer.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Ejecting a floppy disk from a portable computer in space.

Note that this was aboard one of the space shuttles in 2008.
dv
DEyncourt posted:

No. The video was posted to Youtube in 2008. The Macintosh Portable flew to space in 1991.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/03/macintos ... ace-video/
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:

No. The video was posted to Youtube in 2008. The Macintosh Portable flew to space in 1991.

Ah, thanks.
dv
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Ah, thanks.

Old Mac Trivia. Love it.
Televised tennis match disrupted by loud sex.

You have to listen carefully to the audio to hear "the action" since the TV microphones were not pointed out of the arena, so MAYBE NSFW because of the implications by the commentators, one of whom thought it was someone's phone making the noises.
user Stupid cockwomble
I really think so
dv
"How Nature Documentaries Are Fake".

Maybe "fake" is NOT quite the right term. Perhaps "manipulated" would be better.
Promo/commercial for the Kitty Hawk Flyer, an all-electric ultralight aircraft.

By design the Flyer is only for "uncongested areas" so not even for outer suburbia, and specifically for flight over water. As yet no price range even proposed.

I have to admire how the video only HINTS at how loud the Flyer is before the background music swells up over it. In a later scene went the pilot is hovering near her neighbor's boat, I can totally understand how those neighbors might admire their first view of the Flyer but I have to wonder how their attitude might WILL change after about a dozen of them are skittering across their lake.
DEyncourt posted:

By design the Flyer is only for "uncongested areas" so not even for outer suburbia, and specifically for flight over water. As yet no price range even proposed.

I have to admire how the video only HINTS at how loud the Flyer is before the background music swells up over it. In a later scene went the pilot is hovering near her neighbor's boat, I can totally understand how those neighbors might admire their first view of the Flyer but I have to wonder how their attitude might WILL change after about a dozen of them are skittering across their lake.

The bigger issue is the unprotected rotors and complete lack of safety equipment in general. This looks like a vastly scaled up quadcopter drone capable of carrying a person, so losing a single rotor (or computer control) would be catastrophic.

That said, the concept is pretty cool. If they could work out the safety issues, it would be an amazing beast to fly.
maurvir posted:
DEyncourt posted:

The bigger issue is the unprotected rotors and complete lack of safety equipment in general. This looks like a vastly scaled up quadcopter drone capable of carrying a person, so losing a single rotor (or computer control) would be catastrophic.

That said, the concept is pretty cool. If they could work out the safety issues, it would be an amazing beast to fly.

I suspect that even if the Flyer were to lose power in one or maybe even two of its rotors that the overall lift from the remaining rotors would be enough to maintain flight though with lots of warning and advisory lights brightly flashing. The loss of computer control would be a major problem but I think that is why they are stressing over-the-water flight because a crash in deep enough water would considerably lessen that problem (though I predict lawsuits when a crash happens in 3-inch-deep water even if there are user agreement provisions covering this).

I suspect that something would prevent a pilot from gunning the rotors so that the Flyer would get more than 20 feet over the water (even so, I predict that someone WILL override this system if the Flyer gains some popularity).

I'm not sure about requiring rotor covers. Shouldn't it be obvious that the rotors are dangerous? After all, there are none on that toy drone I got (and am still playing with). While the design isn't such that I get my hands cut when I have accidentally pushed the throttle up while holding the drone, I wouldn't fly it without eye protection (I wear glasses). The potential for eye damage is such that I cringe whenever I've seen videos of someone letting their dog or cat chase drones (even those with partial covers).
Imagine someone losing control of that thing and flying it into a crowd of people. Then realize that this kid lost an eye due to a much smaller drone that simply got caught up in a wind gust:

It's not so much about the pilot as it is the people under them.
maurvir posted:
Imagine someone losing control of that thing and flying it into a crowd of people. Then realize that this kid lost an eye due to a much smaller drone that simply got caught up in a wind gust:

It's not so much about the pilot as it is the people under them.

There are large pontoons under the Flyer. Those would prevent rotor injury to most people, even to swimmers who happened to be on the surface of the water if a Flyer were to land directly on top of them (though accidental drowning would be a different matter).
DEyncourt posted:

WHAT!? WHAT!? What the time traveling fiddlesticks!?

In latin america he says "hasta la vista, baby". The exact same thing only with the spanish voice actor's voice.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Pariah posted:

that sounds like the name of a sitcom ;)

But yay for puppies! :up:
Johnny Depp--as Jack Sparrow--surprises Disneyland visitors on Pirates of the Carribean ride.

Rumor has it that both the Disneyland and the Disney World Pirates rides have a full Jack Sparrow costume available just in case Depp wants to drop in to have some fun with guests.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 132