VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew

As mashups go, this is one of the better ones. Great speech, great music, and wow do they go together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8

Recreation of the Titanic sinking in real time.
dv
maurvir posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8

Recreation of the Titanic sinking in real time.

Ok, that was kinda cool, and I definitely skipped to the last minute or so.

Once it goes, it GOES.
"Florida man catches 400-pound fish with a wrench".

He had attached a couple of large hooks to that wrench. He did release the fish after removing some other hooks as well.
Man finds SD card while on a safari in Zimbabwe with pictures on it.

I know--Zimbabwe now? The discovery was on a trip there in December 2015.

Anyway, watch the video for more details.

Some YouTube commenters said they recognize some of the people and have contacted the likely owner.
user Stupid cockwomble
photos of a baboon?
DEyncourt posted:
Man finds SD card while on a safari in Zimbabwe with pictures on it.

I know--Zimbabwe now? The discovery was on a trip there in December 2015.

Anyway, watch the video for more details.

Some YouTube commenters said they recognize some of the people and have contacted the likely owner.

The father and a friend (and one of the people in the pics) of the owner of the SD card have added comments at the YouTube link.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
obvs posted:

that's old, but good
user Stupid cockwomble
Just had a customer the other day whose internet connection got borked by an unwanted automatic W10 upgrade. I couldn't fix it for them.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
dv
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Sean Evans and Chili Klaus Eating Carolina Reapers

Carolina Reapers are the hottest pepper in the world. This video is 12 minutes long but they don't start eating it until about 8:00 but i thought they were interesting and watched the whole video.
Company proposes using artificial meteor showers to highlight the opening of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. There is a promotional video at the linked article.

In principle, I can see how this would work. The pellets that are released would contain different chemicals that would alter the colors and perhaps could have explosives which could cause them to explode (though perhaps not in predictable patterns). Being on east-to-west track anything that might survive re-entry--possible because these would be moving at about 1/3rd the speed of meteors during meteor showers--would fall into the Pacific.

On the other hand: cloud cover. It wouldn't have to be too thick to completely block out any effects seen from the ground. Taking place within the Tokyo metropolitan area, even a very light cloud cover would be brightly lit from below.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

that's really cool

though nowadays, every time i look at images of other worlds i look for features that conspiracy theorists can identify as signs of alien civilization

"cellular nitrogen? those are obviously roads!"
DEyncourt posted:

And this is why 2016 won't be like 2016. I mean... hey teachers, leave the kids alone.

In 2017, movie where terrorists attack the tunnel. James Bond or the Avengers save the day.
dv
Guy finds something interesting about his motel room card key.

One time I had something approaching this happen to me which changed my habits when checking into any hotel (at least when travelling by car). This was quite a while ago such that I cannot recall where the hotel was (Bakersfield, maybe?).

My habit was to take one trip from my car with all of my luggage, go through check-in, then go to my room to drop off that luggage--a sensible thing to do, right? So I do this but upon opening the door to my room I spied someone else's open luggage bag on one of the beds and could hear that THAT person was taking a shower (the open bathroom door still being a step or so ahead of me). Being tired from my car travels it took me a couple of seconds to make sense of my situation. Horrified, I quickly backed out, making sure that the door was locked behind me. Not being sure how long it would take to sort out this problem I returned to my car first and dropped off my luggage.

Since then I ALWAYS go through check-in nearly empty-handed, perhaps only with my laptop bag as I can easily replace clothing.

Previous to that whenever I stayed in ANY hotel I would use the latch system which would prevent anyone from entering my room while I was in it.
chikie The same deviled egg
That's why you always deadbolt your room and use the door latch while you're in it.
dv
stick fiddling laziness.
DEyncourt posted:
Guy finds something interesting about his motel room card key.

One time I had something approaching this happen to me
[snip]

On second thought PERHAPS what happened to me then was EXACTLY what happened to the guy in that video, the difference being that I did not try my card key in any other door except for "my" room.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I stayed at a hotel a while back and forgot what floor I was on. I was holding the card in my hand, and thought it said "3", but it said "8". I took the elevator to the third floor, and my card opened the door. When none of my stuff was in the room I panicked and went down to the lobby, where they told me I was on the wrong floor.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 132