VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
You know all those things you could hide from video in the dark? Now you cannot.

The video camera--a Sony A7--could take video at the equivalent of about ISO 400,000 and might be extendable to a maximum ISO of 4 M. Most of the video (after the sun sets) uses a setting at about ISO 80,000.
user Stupid cockwomble
DEyncourt posted:
You know all those things you could hide from video in the dark? Now you cannot.

The video camera--a Sony A7--could take video at the equivalent of about ISO 400,000 and might be extendable to a maximum ISO of 4 M. Most of the video (after the sun sets) uses a setting at about ISO 80,000.

I thought that was a Canon camera.
user posted:
DEyncourt posted:

I thought that was a Canon camera.

Well, the video's maker used a Sony A7. I guess this just means that neither company has a patent for this tech used in cameras.
dv
A bunch of episodes of Car 54 Where Are You are on Youtube now.

Fred Gwynne could sing, man.
dv
user Stupid cockwomble
MAMA

edit: this was a video of a mother trying to get her baby to speak with some scrambled eggs as a reward. Family dog wanted some, too and beat the kid in saying "mama". Guess it drew some unkind comments after it was featured in the article I read about it. It's now view by invite only. Too bad, it was pretty good.

Last edited by user on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:26 am.

If you are at work or around kids, put on headphones

fiddlesticks you in the ass (commercial)
Eagle takes out drone in mid-flight. The operator says that the eagle was OK after the encounter (although the drone needed some repairs).
Watch a musician make those eerie "movie music" sounds on various waterphones.

Yeah, this video was the first time I've ever read about waterphones, much less heard one.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
DEyncourt posted:
That's not even vulgar.

A three year old could probably watch that ad without any problem.
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
That's not even vulgar.

Sure, but that isn't what the "panty-wadders" were complaining about.

I imagine that this falls under general trademark protection where companies--like, say, Xerox--complain about a sitcom character saying things like "I xeroxed it" instead of "I photocopied it" to avoid the "generification" of brands (like aspirin which Bayer once had as a brandname for their pills).

On the other hand, I can also imagine those makers of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese saying: "Wait...we're paying YOU to do WHAT?"
ukimalefu posted:

Um, really?

'Cause whenever those Taiwan "news" animators get ahold a story like this, the one thing I look for is the beauty and subtlety of their language.... :P :lol:
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
That's not even vulgar.

Sure, but that isn't what the "panty-wadders" were complaining about.

I imagine that this falls under general trademark protection where companies--like, say, Xerox--complain about a sitcom character saying things like "I xeroxed it" instead of "I photocopied it" to avoid the "generification" of brands (like aspirin which Bayer once had as a brandname for their pills).

On the other hand, I can also imagine those makers of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese saying: "Wait...we're paying YOU to do WHAT?"
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese isn't made by a single company. It's made by a bunch of different dairies. The consortium just certifies that the cheese is parmigiano reggiano.

It's not a trademark. It's a PDO(Protected Designation of Origin).

I doubt that this "lawsuit" actually happens. It's ridiculous.
Young woman gets a broken leg when one of the cables in her "reverse bungee" ride snapped.

The other person in the ride was uninjured.

NOTE: the video is NOT gross in that it shows NOTHING of the injury, just the incident that caused it.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
DEyncourt posted:

Tubular Bells basically always included the major version of Exorcist theme.

Just a reminder: turning Tales From the Crypt from minor to major gives you The Simpsons.
"Crazy Engineering: Gecko Gripper" from JPL. Basically using material science to make "unsticky" removable adhesives for use in space.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 132