VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Randy Bachman (of Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive) figures out the opening chord to 'A Hard Day’s Night". He got invited into Apple Studios by Giles Martin, the son of George "Fifth Beatle" Martin and...well, watch the video.
"Origami Robot Folds Itself Up, Does Cool Stuff, Dissolves Into Nothing". The YouTube video is at the linked explanatory site but you really have to see it to believe it.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Very cool. Thanks for posting that.
Documentary maker nearly gets clobbered by calving glacier. Note how his boat is nearly hit by blocks splashing around the boat at around 1:47.
Using a no-longer-sold child’s messenging device, hacker can open most garage door openers in less than 10 seconds.

An interesting math description here of how he was able to reduce the code sent to garage door openers to be as short as he could make it.
Master robot maker makes his own BB-8 droid.

The first 15:45 covers his build and cosmetic construction, so skip forward to that point to see it in action.
Using meat glue to fake a ribeye steak.

Transglutaminase has legitimate uses such as making caseless sausages. The cook in this video specifically tried to simulate a ribeye steak because it would be harder beef cut to fake than, say, a strip steak.

Also note his warnings about the bacterial content. Since he was going to eat his simulation, HE was very cautious in his preparation so you have to wonder about cooks who are less scrupulous.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
DEyncourt posted:
Using meat glue to fake a ribeye steak.

Transglutaminase has legitimate uses such as making caseless sausages. The cook in this video specifically tried to simulate a ribeye steak because it would be harder beef cut to fake than, say, a strip steak.

Also note his warnings about the bacterial content. Since he was going to eat his simulation, HE was very cautious in his preparation so you have to wonder about cooks who are less scrupulous.

Hey, he might not like it, but it sounds like you could turn stew meat into steak using this method. I would be ticked if I were getting ripped off with it, but I could see this stuff having some real uses in the kitchen.
DEyncourt posted:

I thought this was going to be about the basketball player and his shoes. But it shows the location of the Holy Grail.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I came across this video today. A 102 year old woman is seeing herself dancing for the first time. She danced back in the 30's i think it was and she'd never seen herself dance. Awesome of them to show her this.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/102-ye ... o/1008653/
justine posted:
I came across this video today. A 102 year old woman is seeing herself dancing for the first time. She danced back in the 30's i think it was and she'd never seen herself dance. Awesome of them to show her this.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/102-ye ... o/1008653/

Ahem.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Dang. Sorry. I missed that!
Do people mistake Jessica Chastain for Bryce Dallas Howard and vice versa?

Apparently they do this so often that someone wrote a short musical number entitled "Jessica Chastain: the Musical" with Stephanie Koenig (probably not coincidentally another beautiful redheaded actress) singing Howard's inner monologue (video at the linked article).

Just to complete the circle the linked article has a Vine of Chastain lip-syncing to that video.
The MAGNIFICENT John Oliver throws down the gauntlet at former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner.

Yeah, I posted this in FIFA corruption thread but everyone should watch this.

And I'm still crying with laughter.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 132