VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 132
Online now: Aaron_R, avkills, DukeofNuke, FChicken, Google [Bot], Pariah
TOS
i visited that frigging barge at expo, and now it looks like it's been rotting for a century

damn i'm old
iDaemon infinitely loopy
http://youtu.be/8wVv0ey1Vko

Garcia/Legion Of Mary - April 9, 1975

"I Second That Emotion" (audio only)
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
NO ONE IS THIRSTY

SPOILER ALERT!

They tell you it's based on The Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip, so it's easy to guess how it ends.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Pariah posted:

Heh. Immediately linked to that video was "6v battery contains 32 AA batteries: Debunked!"

Why would a 6-volt lantern battery contain 32 1.5-volt AA batteries (the equivalent of 48 volts) that--from the first video--apparently weren't even wired together in any way?
TOS posted:
i visited that frigging barge at expo, and now it looks like it's been rotting for a century

damn i'm old

But the leftover burgers and fries are still in pristine condition!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DEyncourt posted:
Pariah posted:

Heh. Immediately linked to that video was "6v battery contains 32 AA batteries: Debunked!"

Why would a 6-volt lantern battery contain 32 1.5-volt AA batteries (the equivalent of 48 volts) that--from the first video--apparently weren't even wired together in any way?

:eek: :( :heh: :der:
TOS
StaticAge posted:
TOS posted:

damn i'm old

But the leftover burgers and fries are still in pristine condition!

:: gags ::
This is very odd but it works: the Postmodern Jukebox (with Haley Reinhart) covers Radiohead's "Creep". She was on American Idol. To appreciate how sultry (yeah, that's right) her performance is, don't just start the video running and put something else in the foreground.
DEyncourt posted:
This is very odd but it works: the Postmodern Jukebox (with Haley Reinhart) covers Radiohead's "Creep". She was on American Idol. To appreciate how sultry (yeah, that's right) her performance is, don't just start the video running and put something else in the foreground.

Good, but it's stick fiddling special, not very.
"Seth [Meyers] Brings Jon Snow to a Dinner Party". I guess that I must note that there are SOME spoilers if one hasn't watched all of "Game of Thrones" through to the end of season 4.
user Stupid cockwomble
Rhiannon Giddens: "Waterboy" - David Letterman

Holy CRAP.

The Carolina Chocolate Drops where a local group and I had several occasions to meet Riannon as a freelance newspaper photographer. Even though we didn't really know each other, she always greeted me like an old friend. Such a gracious person.

What a jewel.
Playing with LED filaments. Doing some of the experiments you MIGHT want to try so you don't have to. This video is 15 minutes long.
dv
Pariah posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Pariah posted:

:eek: :( :heh: :der:

I vaguely remember being able to connect a bunch of AA batteries in a combination of series/parallel to get 6, 9, 7.5 volts, etc. But it's been a while since I was a kid and tinkering with that.
Something survived a close encounter with the Milky Way's central black hole.

The Bad Astronomer has details and illustrated the overall interaction with this pic:

The colors are important because they are illustrative of the change in the red/blue-shift of the object. Near its closest approach to our galactic black hole, it went from moving away from us at about 2700 km/sec in April 2014 to moving towards us at about 3300 km/sec in September 2014. That's a velocity change of 2% the speed of light (299,792.5 km/sec) and do note: that is despite the fact that the orbital plane of the object around the black hole is far from being aligned with our direction from the black hole.

Our best current guess is that the object is a binary star in a sufficiently close orbit with each other that even this approach was not enough to tear them apart, and that the cloud surrounding them is the remnant of the cloud from which these stars formed (meaning that despite the gravitational weirdness around the galactic black hole that stars can still form). An alternative explanation is that the object ONCE was a binary star that eventually combined into a single star and that the cloud around them/it was a result of that combination expelling a lot of gas.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
ukimalefu posted:

Syfy has their next decade of programming ready for the assembly line.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Amandla Stenberg: "Don’t Cash Crop My Cornrows".

She is the actress who played Rue in "The Hunger Games" movie on the difference between cultural exchange and cultural appropriation.
102-year-old dancer “Sees Herself on Film for the First Time".

Um, I should clarify this: the woman--who was 102 years old in 2014 when this video was made and is still alive--is watching for the first time movies that she was in as a background dancer made during the 1930's and 1940's.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:10 pm.

A really nice video. Click it--you'll probably like it.
Tomorrowland trailer 2 and trailer 3.

I dunno. I was more intrigued by the first trailer here a half-year ago. Still probably going to go see it, just not as enthused.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 132