VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot]
Old and not a stoner.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't watch those first two episodes so I just passed up your post about 17 months ago. If I had watched it then, I am certain that I would have been watching the series as it progressed rather than catching up all at once.
"The Amazing Domino Etch A Sketch". Yeah, it's not a pure domino fall but watch until the end.
jkahless Custom Title
Pariah Know Your Enemy
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
What a uncouth individual.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
If you are feeling depressed then perhaps you should skip this one: Japanese part-time workers have given up trying to find apartments and live at Internet cafes. Part 1 in a 3-part series.
user Stupid cockwomble
I don't know, might make me feel better about MY life.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I could live like that easy.
How about this to cheer everyone up: creator of 3D printed bionic arm gets Robert Downey Jr. to deliver it to 7-year-old Iron Man fan. The linked story details what the creator is doing making these projects and contains the video.
user Stupid cockwomble
Pariah posted:
I could live like that easy.

If you ditch the wife and dog.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DEyncourt posted:

Not a video but here are Adam Savage's build notes for this model.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGggAGITwg

These guys work better with some honest to god guitar...
The path that Dawn is taking to get into orbit around Ceres.

The Bad Astronomer has this fuller explanation which answers the question "Where Are the Pictures of Ceres?"
Glasses that allow color blind people to see colors

This is hard to believe but I didn't see any negative comment, I even tried to google it and find out they're not real, but I didn't find anything. And they even have a website selling the glasses, so maybe they are real...
ukimalefu posted:
Glasses that allow color blind people to see colors

This is hard to believe but I didn't see any negative comment, I even tried to google it and find out they're not real, but I didn't find anything. And they even have a website selling the glasses, so maybe they are real...

I saw this too, but I hesitated posting it partly because their explanation of how this works at their website is was quite a bit short on details. That latter problem has been fixed--given this change that I would not have hesitated (scroll down to "Solving the Problem").

Part of the problem is that as a normally sighted person with no color-blindness at all I can guess that it would be hard to create a demo that would be meaningful to me.

Still:

These glasses will "correct" only red-green color-blindness which affects about 80% of all who have color-blindness. For some reason only the sunglasss variation was shown in the demo videos and among their offerings at their shop, but there is a "mostly" clear version which has a light blue tint--necessary for the correction filter--to them.

The glasses range in price from $325 to $450. They do come in a non-prescription form (so with no near-/far-sightedness correction) and a form which does require a vision prescription for near-/far-sightedness.
On board an eclipse-chasing jet: about 3 minutes of totality.

The Bad Astronomer had this to say about that event and included this shot from that flight from another photographer:

chikie The same deviled egg
I'm so looking forwards to the 2017 midwest US eclipse.
chikie posted:
I'm so looking forwards to the 2017 midwest US eclipse.

Me too!

Here's a map showing the path of that eclipse:

While maximum eclipse seems to be between the confluences of the Missouri and Ohio Rivers with the Mississippi, I'm thinking of taking a trip to Yellowstone and other parks and sites along the way.

More details here.

LA does get a regular NEAR-total eclipse, but the Earth-Moon timing is such that the Moon is always near apogee and thus it is always an annular eclipse (meaning that the Moon is too far/small to cover the Sun completely at maximum). The last couple of times the maximum annular eclipse also was close to sundown. This pic was from 2012:

chikie The same deviled egg
I'm right under the path of the total eclipse (and should still be here august 2017)
Hmm...I believe that the yellow hashmarks along the eclipse path show when it will be X:30 locally (thus the point of greatest eclipse is halfway between two of the closest hashmarks, being 11am CDT)...so the eclipse will be around 5:10am MDT near the Grand Tetons.

Perhaps a flight to Columbia, SC, for a more civil time of around 3pm EDT? :)
justine Elitist Beer Lover
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Elasa Mars aka Jessica Lange. The tag on the video is incorrect. It's Gods & Monsters, not the Name Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_S4ToLRsws
Guy hikes the 2660-mile-long Pacific Crest Trail and made a movie of the selfies he took every mile. After the first few shots which take about 5 seconds each, the rest of video goes by at about 10 per second. You might keep in mind his (relatively) plump face at the start compared to his much leaner visage at the end.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
The making of TARS and CASE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmNPE0HwE8

This was actually pretty interesting - most of it was "live acted" with CGI used to clean up.
Forgive me if some of these have been linked before, but here are some shorts put out by Marvel in their One Shot series:

"All Hail the King"--Ben Kingsley extending his role in Iron Man 3.

"Agent Carter"--Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) in post-WWII NYC before SHIELD. This is a prologue to her TV series.

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer"--Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) before joining SHIELD.

"The Consultant"--Agent Coulson following the 2008 Hulk movie.

"Item 47"--about a bit of alien technology that disappeared following the Battle of New York in the Avengers movie.

Note: except for "The Consultant" there are segments within their credits so be sure to watch those.
Sir MashALot (Gregory Todd) mashes 6 recent top country hits together. While this emphasizes the pronounced formulaic way that country hits are arranged acoustically, I kinda-sorta like this track.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 132