VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 132
Online now: Google [Bot], macaddict4life
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Lock/unlock your Mac with this wireless "key".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgW_sjDKSRc
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Ooh. I like that.
ukimalefu posted:

Great. A system which will allow my Mac to be unlocked when I'm not there.

Yeah, I did see that there is a "Two-Factor" mode where you have to type in your password to unlock it.

I do have my MBP set to lock when I move the cursor into a "Hot Corner" so it is trivially easy to lock it (perhaps too easily: I do get annoyed when the cursor "moves" into that corner accidentally, but there is a short timer which stops my MBP from locking for a few seconds). And the screen saver will activate automatically if my MBP has been inactive for 10 minutes (which I can adjust downward to 1 minute if/when I get paranoid) which I hardly ever use.

So what exactly does this device do for me?
New bee hive design allows getting honey without disturbing the bees. The link is to their site with an embedded YouTube video there.

I should note that this is basically an ad for their Kickstarter set to start on February 23rd.
Cutting a carrot. This is almost 4 minutes long but worth the time to see the result.
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Great. A system which will allow my Mac to be unlocked when I'm not there.

Yeah, I did see that there is a "Two-Factor" mode where you have to type in your password to unlock it.

I do have my MBP set to lock when I move the cursor into a "Hot Corner" so it is trivially easy to lock it (perhaps too easily: I do get annoyed when the cursor "moves" into that corner accidentally, but there is a short timer which stops my MBP from locking for a few seconds). And the screen saver will activate automatically if my MBP has been inactive for 10 minutes (which I can adjust downward to 1 minute if/when I get paranoid) which I hardly ever use.

So what exactly does this device do for me?

I do the same with the 'hot corner', but this device is cool in a geeky/sci-fi kind of way. You don't have to do the "big effort" ;) of moving your cursor to the corner, you don't even have to remember to do anything.

I always wanted a physical key for my Mac, just because I think it's cool, and because I'm a geek that have seen that kind of thing in movies and TV. There's also the extra layer of security of needing a password plus the key.
jkahless Custom Title
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:

You have see "the thing", right? If not, watch it. It was pure awesome. Unlike this video, which sucked...
radarman posted:
ukimalefu posted:

You have see "the thing", right? If not, watch it. It was pure awesome. Unlike this video, which sucked...

Yes I've seen both the original and the remake. The video was cool because of the craziness of using the Frozen characters, You go and try to make a stop motion claymation.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
DEyncourt posted:
"Nerdy Love Song" with ukelele, Google Glass and a kitten.

Just NSFW warning: she does say "fiddlesticks".
I love that kitten.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv
DEyncourt posted:

we cook bacon, and bake cookies

mind blown
"Would-be robber knocked himself out with his own boomeranging brick". Link is to article explaining the situation which has the YouTube video.
DANNY AND THE WILD BUNCH

Quote:
A children’s book author is told that her new manuscript needs to be “darker”, but when her revisions human waste off the characters in the book, they come back to make some changes of their own.

jkahless Custom Title
Torsional Vibration Damper. Basically what it would look like if Fantasia was made for engineers. Trippy! :stoned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjcQvQRuLSY
OMG, how have I missed this? "Adult Wednesday Addams".

It is an ongoing series with 6 shows per season and is up to episode 6 of season 2 now. Note that episode 6 of season 1 is linked to a special episode with the creator/writer which does NOT link to season 2.

Actually I did miss it: uki posted links to the first two episodes shortly after the series began. If you have already seen those first two episodes then please use YouTube's sidebar to skip to episode 3. Sorry, uki, but after watching all of the available episodes just now I have no memory of having seen the first two.
DEyncourt posted:
Sorry, uki, but after watching all of the available episodes just now I have no memory of having seen the first two.

Are you old, or a stoner. Or both? ;)
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 132