VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 132
Online now: No visible users
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
ANOMALY

Quote:
Set against the space-race canvas of the 1960's, Anomaly is inspired by the traditional Christmas Nativity and explores, through a modern-day lens, the events of two-thousand years ago. It is a story about relationships that intertwine around an unprecedented astronomical event, as a couple navigate life's realities at a time of unfathomable significance. Filmed on location in NYC, Maine, Kansas, and Colorado, the film features Christian Cooke, Lexi Johnson, Andrew Sensenig, and Anthony Lopez.

A perfect 9-dart championship round. Even if you know absolutely nothing about professional darts, this is impressive.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
DEyncourt posted:

That looks like a fun job!!
OK, I'm only halfway through episode 1 of this 5-part limited series, but you should go watch Halo: Nightfall. I'm hooked so unless something awfully stupid happens in the remaining 15 or so minutes I'll watch all of them. The first episode is just under a half-hour so I'm guessing that the other 4 episodes are likewise in length.
DEyncourt posted:
OK, I'm only halfway through episode 1 of this 5-part limited series, but you should go watch Halo: Nightfall. I'm hooked so unless something awfully stupid happens in the remaining 15 or so minutes I'll watch all of them. The first episode is just under a half-hour so I'm guessing that the other 4 episodes are likewise in length.

OK, a couple of clunks along the way but overall worth watching.

The first episode is 25 minutes (excluding credits) while the middle three are about 15 minutes, then 20 minutes for the last segment.

Apparently the guy who put together the series at the above link is not associated with Microsoft so no telling if they will let his page at YouTube survive. Unfortunately he begins episodes 2 and 3 with a minute-long apology to Microsoft asking the company not to shut down his page.
DEyncourt posted:
DEyncourt posted:

OK, a couple of clunks along the way but overall worth watching.

The first episode is 25 minutes (excluding credits) while the middle three are about 15 minutes, then 20 minutes for the last segment.

Apparently the guy who put together the series at the above link is not associated with Microsoft so no telling if they will let his page at YouTube survive. Unfortunately he begins episodes 2 and 3 with a minute-long apology to Microsoft asking the company not to shut down his page.

I torrented them, I've liked them, still haven't seen Ep5, no spoiler please.
I guess I should note that I did let go the initial clunker of how the Halo had been shattered into bits (huge ones, to be sure) and yet somehow the bit upon which most of the action takes place somehow retained an atmosphere. Perhaps something in Halo lore would explain how this would be possible (let's say: Halo was composed of superdense materials that created its own gravity so the original spin of Halo was only to keep it in a stable orbit and only had a minor centrifugal force adding to the apparent gravity on its inner surface), but I haven't played the game and so am unaware of any such explanations.

Plus even if the red giant that the Halo fragment orbits were rather close to Halo's original star, it would take hundreds if not thousands of years for that fragment to travel between those stars (the implications in the video is that the time is within years--at most a decade or two--of Halo's destruction by its own star going supernova). The speed of any such extrastellar object like the fragment would mean that unless interaction via gravity with the red giant's planets changed its path the fragment's velocity should have tracked a parabolic or hyperbolic path through that star's system (like a non-returning comet) rather than simply orbiting it. Such is possible, but it was never explained in the videos.
TOS
Oddness: “The Great Romanian Bear Dance". Apparently this is a Yuletide event at a Romanian village.
And--because I like to end with a bang--fireworks factory explosion in Columbia. At least two people were injured according to reports.
Lucid Dreams of Gabriel - Experiments on HDR (24/48 fps)

This may need Chrome, or at least a browser that supports HTML5 video to choose the 48/HD option.
One of a popular series: "Does This Thing Really Work?" The Wow Cup in this particular instance. The sidebar should link to many more such videos on all sorts of products.

OMG--I think I'm in love.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DEyncourt posted:

That was awesome. :D

DEyncourt posted:
One of a popular series: "Does This Thing Really Work?" The Wow Cup in this particular instance. The sidebar should link to many more such videos on all sorts of products.

I'd gnaw my arm off to get away from her. stick fiddling terrifying.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
The other day I installed a plugin in Firefox to force html5 on Youtube and it really improved playback.
Just putting that out there. :)
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Pariah posted:
The other day I installed a plugin in Firefox to force html5 on Youtube and it really improved playback.
Just putting that out there. :)

https://www.youtube.com/html5
"Fibonacci Zoetrope Sculptures". Basically some 3D-printed sculptures of things like a pine cone pattern placed on a rotating table and under a strobe light.
Another weird Japanese commercial. Try to figure out what the ad is for before the end (oh, and before you read the surrounding text if you can read Japanese).
Parents under investigation by police and child protective services for allowing their kids to walk to their local park without supervision.

Man, my parents would have been in heap of trouble had they been brought 50 years forward. I spent most of my childhood without anywhere close to this level of supervision and I turned out...well, maybe not quite OK. Image
dv
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2N8tDkel8A

The first half was incredibly satisfying to watch.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DEyncourt posted:
Parents under investigation by police and child protective services for allowing their kids to walk to their local park without supervision.

Man, my parents would have been in heap of trouble had they been brought 50 years forward. I spent most of my childhood without anywhere close to this level of supervision and I turned out...well, maybe not quite OK. Image

Stranger abductions of children are amongst the rarest of crimes and, statistically, a child is overwhelmingly more likely to be used, hurt or abused in their own home.
Simple hysteria.
dv
Episode 1 of "Crash Course: Astronomy". I linked to Plait's Bad Astronomy blog so you can read his description of his video series. Do note: while this video ends showing a link to episode 2, it is currently not yet available.
user Stupid cockwomble
A five track EP composed by Squarepusher and performed by the three robots that comprise the Z-Machines will was released on 7th April (8th in North America). Watch a video of the robots performing 'Sad Robot Goes Funny'.'Music for Robots

Quote:
The guitarist of Z-machines, Mach, plays two guitars with the aid of 78 fingers and 12 picks. Cosmos triggers notes on his keyboard with lasers and drummer Ashura uses his six arms to wield 21 drumsticks.

arkayn posted:
DEyncourt posted:

That looks like a fun job!!

The only thing better is if they'd given him a chute and let him BASE jump off of it, taking the quick way down. :)
Pariah posted:
DEyncourt posted:

DEyncourt posted:

I disagree. I think the crazed zaniness is just her schtick.
LEGO Top Gear

Not great... but it's LEGO+Top Gear... so... whatever.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Warin posted:
Pariah posted:
DEyncourt posted:

DEyncourt posted:

Nope, I know a crazy chick when I see one. It's in the eyes.
dv
Pariah posted:
Warin posted:
Pariah posted:
DEyncourt posted:

DEyncourt posted:

Nope, I know a crazy chick when I see one. It's in the eyes.

You could hardly see them through all that eye makeup.

NTTAWWT, but I'm not sure there's enough evidence to draw a conclusion.
Vulture 420
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 132