VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 132
Online now: Bing (sucks)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu posted:

What's that one girl wearing? A tablecloth?
Is that supposed to be part of her outfit, or has she reached 'Lampshade Drunk' ?
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I think this is the cutest thing, no matter what the explanation is, and the mom has a great voice! She made the video because her husband didn't believe she reacted that way, and it just went viral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-VplYrqBs
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Not sure if this is real, but I still think it's funny.

Siri - Open The Pod Bay Door
juice Inadvertently correct
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:

Listening to that song in high school on the family record player, I would have never imagined a President publicly enjoying it.
blurt mundus vult decipi
That wasn't Stairway to Heaven. That was a travesty. What happened to the missing words, the missing parts of the solo, the recorders, the pacing of the song...?

They pretty much ripped the heart (heh) out of the arrangement and left us with a rushed, deeply flawed version that utterly missed the essence of the original. Were I Jimmy or Robert, I would not have applauded.
user Stupid cockwomble
Well, Jimmy obviously enjoyed it and I think Robert noticed the problems (kept his fingertips on his lips to keep himself quiet) but even he had tears in his eyes at the end.

It would have been difficult to pull off a much better version than Plant and Page ever did and that was part of the tribute.
juice Inadvertently correct
blurt posted:
That wasn't Stairway to Heaven. That was a travesty. What happened to the missing words, the missing parts of the solo, the recorders, the pacing of the song...?

They pretty much ripped the heart (heh) out of the arrangement and left us with a rushed, deeply flawed version that utterly missed the essence of the original. Were I Jimmy or Robert, I would not have applauded.

I think part of the problem was the format of the show. Each tribute song was only a portion of the original due to time constraints.
This is the first time i've heard any negative complaints about that performance. It was awesome!
dv
justine posted:
This is the first time i've heard any negative complaints about that performance. It was awesome!

I like it, but negative comments are kind of what we do here.

Was that Carl Kasell speaking at the beginning? (When he dies I'm going to be very sad.)
dv
user posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Listening to that song in high school on the family record player, I would have never imagined a President publicly enjoying it.

Record player?

Heh. Anyway, here you go:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... tives.html

That's how you know when you're old.
user Stupid cockwomble
I've still got the LP.

I just found out that Adam Baldwin is my age.
dv posted:
justine posted:

I like it, but negative comments are kind of what we do here.

NO, it isn't, get out.
blurt mundus vult decipi
The Signal // VFX Short Film by Marcus Stokes

Quote:
2046. A new energy source, created to solve the world's energy crisis, is believed to have deadly side effects. When The Signal's inventor chooses to help a girl warn the public, he gains an unlikely ally to save the world from his own creation.

"The Whale Warehouse"--a video about the storage warehouse for the LA Natural History Museum. Note: some parts are a bit gross to see.
blurt mundus vult decipi
The death of Jar-Jar Binks

Edited out of Episode VII, presumably because it made test audiences stand up and cheer.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
blurt posted:

Edited out of Episode VII, presumably because it made test audiences stand up and cheer.

Of course we know that was actually from Episode II instead.
blurt mundus vult decipi
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
blurt posted:

Where the hell does the waterfall come from?
"Here we are, zooming along in our little submarine. BLOP! We surface on a placid lake(?), frightening the swan-ish birds that are lazily swimming about;
BUT WHATS THIS! Our propeller is dangling out over the edge of giant water fall and the water is rushing all around us and the boat wont' start! ... "
:squint:
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
And that's less realistic than everything else in the movie because . . .
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
jkahless Custom Title
Making a grenade using materials bought at an airport past the security screening. Using the BoingBoing.net link because YouTube insist that you log in to view this "questionable" content.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U8CZAKSsNA

A time lapse video, in the style of a game, of every nuclear test performed.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7FIvfx5J10

Quote:
The latest Volvo commercial is going viral for good reason. Action star Jean-Claude Van Damme takes his 53 year-old body to the next level to showcase Volvo's Dynamic Steering System. The stunt is in fact real. A Volvo rep confirmed that the spot was done in just one take, and if the actor had gotten a leg cramp while filming, he would have been protected by plenty of safety lines that were not visible in the final video. He also was aided by small platforms on the trucks' side mirrors that helped prop up his feet. But none of this takes away from the badassery of doing a perfect split between two massive moving vehicles.

user Stupid cockwomble
Somebody tell that old man to act his age.
dv
WWF PARALLAX SEQUENCE

Each scene in this video was made from a single still photograph. I understand that they used Photoshop+After Effects to do it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 132